2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
My take on the Jeremiah McGill decommit:
-We see that he was listed #3 preseason at his position in South Florida.
- We also know that FHCRE was a great closer of the deal with parental approval

Because of the player's high ranking, some other high profile & local schools are whispering in his ear (either thru his parents or h.s. coach) due to UConn's current
head coach status. If he has professional aspirations, he put his commitment decision on pause.
I get it. Football recruits are a different persona. Whereas the general student population determines which school to apply to based on what it feels is the best fit
socially, academically, & prestige in teaching its intended major, the recruit also has the added factor of establishing a relationship with the coaching staff that will mentor him in the next level. Some kids just don't like uncertainty.
This decommitment is an example of why A.D. Dave will announce the next Head Coach by Thanksgiving week. It will end the uncertainty.
Best of luck to Jeremiah in the future.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good news for the next coach.....and the 129 other programs

Reaction Score
St Thomas More (CT) DB Evan Faiella:

The coaches know that they are fired, yet they are still trying to get players for football, so I'm impressed with it. I mean, if Randy Edsel was there I bet he'd not be doing any recruiting...

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this, apologies if not and please feel free to delete, but I wanted to share if possible.

Apparently Cam Edwards (the Norwalk RB) is starting to hear from Penn State and Cuse. I doubt he has offers yet, if the contact itself even true. He doesn’t even have a profile on any of the major recruiting sites. But there’s no doubt he’s played like someone with D-I potential so far this season. Would love to see UConn involved on a kid from my hometown.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the right place for a post like this, apologies if not and please feel free to delete, but I wanted to share if possible.

Apparently Cam Edwards (the Norwalk RB) is starting to hear from Penn State and Cuse. I doubt he has offers yet, if the contact itself even true. He doesn’t even have a profile on any of the major recruiting sites. But there’s no doubt he’s played like someone with D-I potential so far this season. Would love to see UConn involved on a kid from my hometown.
He’s is clearly on UConn’s radar. Mike Z and Jarred Horton are following him on Twitter (and vice versa) and he is following essentially the rest of the staff (Lou Spanos Kyle Weiss, Aaron Smith, Dennis Dottin-Carter, Mike Moyseenko, Corey Edsall, Jack Petarca and Shaun Cook).

Reaction Score
Anyone know if "Damien Glasper" mentioned is any relation to former Southington High star Ryan Glasper? (name jogged a memory from my sons's playing days as Blue Knights)

Reaction Score
Good luck, Donovan. I hope you'll succeed in life! No hard feelings from me, but hope you'll keep UConn in mind...
Echoing these remarks & I hope that Corey Edsall is staying in touch with these decommits as preparation for recruiting by UConn's future head coach.

Reaction Score
Winter Garden Florida DL Reggie Jean (Donovan Branch’s teammate):

Have to think this is just the start.

It will be critical to this recruiting cycle (both HS and Transfer Portal) to get a new HC in as quickly as possible once the season ends in order for the new staff to hit the recruiting trail ASAP.

Reaction Score
Have to think this is just the start.

It will be critical to this recruiting cycle (both HS and Transfer Portal) to get a new HC in as quickly as possible once the season ends in order for the new staff to hit the recruiting trail ASAP.
Because UConn didn’t play football in 2020, the current number of freshmen on the roster is abnormally high, although most of the 2021 recruits will redshirt and be redshirt freshmen next year. With few players finishing their eligibility this year and the large number of young players on the roster, the 2022 class was not expected to be large. A new coach may want to utilize the transfer portal more and he and his staff may already have connections with both HS and college players, so the decommits are understandable.

Reaction Score
Winter Garden Florida DL Reggie Jean (Donovan Branch’s teammate):

As I said before, No hard feelings Reggie Jean. Good luck and hope you'll commit.

Getting a new coach is unnerving to recruits. They are unsure if the new coach will like them, or if they'll be on the bench. I understand there'll be more decommits. No ill will for them - unless they are playing against UConn...:)

Top Bottom