2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Unless there is a large group of players transferring, this year is going to be a relatively small recruiting class, especially if Mora is going to use the portal. And, Mora may have looked at the young roster and he may be making decisions on what positions need more depth or more experienced depth. The last 2 recruits that decommitted were from positions, WR and TE, with lots of young players. Sure, they were highly rated recruits, but Sallis has clearly been looking around for a while so it wasn't a surprise.

Exit4 keeps a great roster spreadsheet which includes his estimation of what an Edsall roster looks like. Mora probably has a different idea on roster position numbers and clearly, Mora thinks he needs some more experienced depth. I have to believe Mora is aiming for more than 1 win next year and he will try to build a roster to be competitive next year.

Reaction Score
Unless there is a large group of players transferring, this year is going to be a relatively small recruiting class, especially if Mora is going to use the portal. And, Mora may have looked at the young roster and he may be making decisions on what positions need more depth or more experienced depth. The last 2 recruits that decommitted were from positions, WR and TE, with lots of young players. Sure, they were highly rated recruits, but Sallis has clearly been looking around for a while so it wasn't a surprise.

Exit4 keeps a great roster spreadsheet which includes his estimation of what an Edsall roster looks like. Mora probably has a different idea on roster position numbers and clearly, Mora thinks he needs some more experienced depth. I have to believe Mora is aiming for more than 1 win next year and he will try to build a roster to be competitive next year.
He mentioned in one of the interviews that Offensive tackles, edge rusher, and cornerbacks were areas of interest in the portal. Have to assume QB as well.

Reaction Score

Somebody help me out here.
First, he accepted a scholarship from a coach with a 6-32 record, then decommits after we hire a coach with a better resume'?
If Sallis thinks there's a better place for him, than with a coach who had been successful in the PAC10 and the NFL, Marshall would be that place?
Marshall? We talkin' 'bout Marshall? Marshall?
He's from TX and wants to go to WVA?
Was his dad a fan of John Denver?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very happy to see Victor Rosa’s tweet. He is going to be an excellent slot receiver for UCONN and can see him on fly sweeps as well. Very good start stop ability, his game speed is incredible.

I get the feeling Coach saw his tape and prioritized keeping him in the fold. Smart move.
Agreed. It would have been awkward for JM to talk about building a fence around CT and then lose a CT kid before Jim‘a official start date.

Reaction Score

-> Another coach with NFL ties, new UConn coach Jim L. Mora, who was an NFL head coach for the Falcons and Seahawks, has started recruiting Warner since being hired last week.

"UConn has started talking with me with coach Mora getting hired and I'm starting to grow a relationship with him," said Warner. "I met coach Mora a few years back, my dad has a good relationship with him so that relationship with him definitely contributes in my interest in the school. I want to go check it out and find out as much as I can about the offense he is bringing in." <-

Reaction Score
I am happy to see Mora is busy making recruiting contacts already, but with the exception of Elijah Warner (who is Kurt Warner's son) none of the kids he invited to the Houston game are even being pursued by D1 programs, mostly just 1AA teams, we just lost some of our highest rated recruits I'd rather replace them thru the portal if the pickings are slim than more "potential" kids. Not now anyway.

Reaction Score
I am happy to see Mora is busy making recruiting contacts already, but with the exception of Elijah Warner (who is Kurt Warner's son) none of the kids he invited to the Houston game are even being pursued by D1 programs, mostly just 1AA teams, we just lost some of our highest rated recruits I'd rather replace them thru the portal if the pickings are slim than more "potential" kids. Not now anyway.
Gadie had been to Rutgers twice.
Jobity has PWO offers from WVA & Buffalo.
Murphy is a CT kid w/ Supreme Athletes and has been to camp @ UConn previously.

No harm in inviting kids to the last game of the season (especially potential PWOs).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom