triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
See Florida State, THAT'S how to take care of some Bulldogs from the SEC

NOBODY Eliminates Duke Softball from the NCAA's twice in a row :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Down 5-1 ... I read that Duke scored 8 runs today while facing 2 outs.

uga sad.jpg

Reaction Score
WOW Stanford. Can’t help but feel sorry for Fouts. Really got ran into the ground with all the games she had to throw. I’m hoping she comes back next year and finally gets her moment.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stinkin' Huskies. I couldn't bear to watch. I guess there was an illegal pitch called after what would've been the third out of the inning, extended the inning and Texas got some runs. Sounds like it was a late call. Or reviewed after the fact or something. Like the official box score was already showing the inning over. Too bad.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Stinkin' Huskies. I couldn't bear to watch. I guess there was an illegal pitch called after what would've been the third out of the inning, extended the inning and Texas got some runs. Sounds like it was a late call. Or reviewed after the fact or something. Like the official box score was already showing the inning over. Too bad.
I missed that play, though we saw most of the game, but I was busy. But in a different game, they were talking about an "international" pitcher that doesn't drag her foot and she had a couple calls against her although the commentator said and showed that she does the same thing every time. The Washington pitcher also doesn't drag her foot much, but it also wasn't called.

Proud of the PAC. Don't much like Mike White (I usually rooted for Texas before he became coach) but he is obviously a heck of a coach.

Real happy with the FSU upset - not because I particularly wanted Arizona to play Mississippi State but anything was better than FSU - if I am thinking correctly, we don't have a very good history against FSU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But in a different game, they were talking about an "international" pitcher that doesn't drag her foot and she had a couple calls against her although the commentator said and showed that she does the same thing every time. The Washington pitcher also doesn't drag her foot much, but it also wasn't called.
When Plain has come back from participating in international competition, it takes her a while to get dialed in. IIRC she got called for a bunch of illegal pitches at the beginning of last season. But that was more than a year ago. Can't say that I'm aware it's been an issue for her this season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
When Plain has come back from participating in international competition, it takes her a while to get dialed in. IIRC she got called for a bunch of illegal pitches at the beginning of last season. But that was more than a year ago. Can't say that I'm aware it's been an issue for her this season.
Apparently it hasn't. But she does do it. I wouldn't have noticed if not for the announcer at the other game showing close-ups of the pitcher's feet. My wife saw it as well. But it isn't called, typically. You said something about an illegal pitch, so I just assumed it was one of those random times that for no particular reason, they call one even though they could every one.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Ok so Im reading individual message boards and twitters:

Arizona softball fans seem to be saying.... suck it SEC. SEC HA.HA. Only 3 out of 12. and Texas A&M got blasted... shouldn't have even been there.

-(ok so.... why does the Pac 12 care so much about the SEC?)

Florida softball are happy most of their despised are gone.... Georgia/FSU/Tennessee.

Tennessee softball is saying........FIRE KAREN WEEKLY, with some fans defending her.

Florida St is disappointed, feel unfulfilled, but still their love for Noledom overcomes their sadness today.

Virginia Tech are really excited, they seem invested in softball more than the others still playing. They want to beat Florida next weekend badly, and feel good about their chances. Probably because they feel this is their only sport with a shot at a national title.

As for Mississippi State, our forums are saying next weekend will be a sellout in Starkville. First time ever. (most I bet never saw a softball game in their life, and became fans just today during those 2 wins against FSU)

I can't find any real nuggets on Alabama.... but some are saying Fire Murphy, and that he made Fouts throw 403 pitches this weekend, and questions his sanity. (Yikes...... that is CRAZY)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
-(ok so.... why does the Pac 12 care so much about the SEC?)
Because ESPN pushes the SEC so hard? Oklahoma obviously has been crushing it lately, but if you look at the entire history the Pac has absolutely owned softball. ESPN decided out of pretty much nowhere based on nothing that the SEC is THE power in softball. So us West Coast fans have been enjoying watching the SEC's disastrous performance the last 2 years.

Probably also, pretty much everybody outside of SEC country has a very healthy dislike for the SEC in general, and in particular football, that spills over into most sports. Especially if ESPN pushes it hard (I know, they have a contract w/ the SEC, so of course they are going to hype the conference, but it doesn't make it any less annoying).

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Because ESPN pushes the SEC so hard? Oklahoma obviously has been crushing it lately, but if you look at the entire history the Pac has absolutely owned softball. ESPN decided out of pretty much nowhere based on nothing that the SEC is THE power in softball. So us West Coast fans have been enjoying watching the SEC's disastrous performance the last 2 years.

Probably also, pretty much everybody outside of SEC country has a very healthy dislike for the SEC in general, and in particular football, that spills over into most sports. Especially if ESPN pushes it hard (I know, they have a contract w/ the SEC, so of course they are going to hype the conference, but it doesn't make it any less annoying
Well I dunno, it seems mostly a Pac-12 hate SEC thing with softball. I dunno how the ACC feels about the SEC tho. I know the SEC has crazy involved fans in any sport, the SEC can really be all shades of the spectrum.

SEC is mostly parity. I don't think the top of the heap are as elite as Oklahoma. They're just 11 or 12 teams that beat up on each other, and all can win a regional but they surely all can lose too. If 11th finishing team Mississippi State beats Florida St, I think media might have a point about the parity of the conference, where records can be deceiving.

I think Alabama is the only loss this weekend that truly is unfathomable. Arizona and Oregon St. winning aren't incomprehensible. Arizona is hot and cold, but they proved they're still a tough out. Oregon St beat Tennessee, but Vols scored like 8 runs in the last 40 innings to a team that isn't Campbell so they were looking flat down the stretch. Stanford is definitely better than the lack of buzz they've gotten this year tho. Kentucky played Virginia Tech pretty tough. Surely UCLA was expected to take care of Ole Miss. And Duke was the 1 seed over Georgia. LSU was somewhat surprising tho but they were heading downwards in the last few games of the year.

Pac 12 did a good job this weekend, no doubt. They were underappreciated this year for sure. I think Pac 12 will get 3 teams in the CWS. Maybe SEC can get an equal amount as to silence the haters!

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just wait until Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC. It's going to make the conference a little bit stronger for softball.

Reaction Score
After the disaster that was the baseball season after the 2021 CWS title, I will take a little softball glory this spring/summer. Good job ladies. Hopefully the crowds come out in Starkville to cheer them on.

Reaction Score

Probably also, pretty much everybody outside of SEC country has a very healthy dislike for the SEC in general, and in particular football, that spills over into most sports. Especially if ESPN pushes it hard (I know, they have a contract w/ the SEC, so of course they are going to hype the conference, but it doesn't make it any less annoying).
I am someone who understands the SEC dislike from other conferences. I will say that other than football, I don't think the SEC is the best league in any other sport but that makes ESPN the most money so it will carry over into other coverage.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Texas A&M has let Coach Jo Evans go. A HOFer...hmm.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Five years old.. Incredible.. Won the ACC last year and now this. :)

How long has Clemson had a team on the field? I thought their timelines were pretty close.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just wait until Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC. It's going to make the conference a little bit stronger for softball.
Yeah, the number of Championships by SEC schools is likely to increase rapidly with Oklahoma in the fold. The entire SEC has 3 currently, Oklahoma has 5 (and 3 of the last 5, excluding the cancelled season and 4 of the last 8). Texas has never actually won one.

edit--well I guess it depends on how you count such things; Texas A&M has 2 Titles from the 80s LONG before they were a part of the SEC. So 2 more for a member school, but you can't really count those for the conference. Just like the SEC doesn't get to claim all of Oklahoma's previous Titles once they join up.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am someone who understands the SEC dislike from other conferences. I will say that other than football, I don't think the SEC is the best league in any other sport but that makes ESPN the most money so it will carry over into other coverage.
The SEC has made great strides in softball and women's basketball over the years with a lot of teams being good. I think it is hard to assess "best conferences" but I do think of them as quality in both sports. I also think of the PAC in softball, of course, with the ACC coming on and the Big 12 represented by select teams.

I think of the B1G (and historically the PAC) for women's volleyball, the ACC (current and past members) for things like lacrosse, and field hockey. Not up on women's soccer or most men's sports. Some of the niche sports I also think of the PAC, although that has changed. I know the SEC is strong in gymnastics, as well.

As time passes, things change. If you throw every sport in the mix, and had some way to measure conferences, I think it would be SEC, PAC (due to the niche stuff), ACC, B1G and Big 12. For major sports only, it would be different.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The Softball transfer portal is open for business. Alabama has already had 6 players enter it.
Does anyone know if there is a specific twitter person that posts Softball entries, sort of like a Raoul for softball?
If there is, maybe this thread should be moved to the UConn Baseball and Olympic Sports forum???

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Softball transfer portal is open for business. Alabama has already had 6 players enter it.
Does anyone know if there is a specific twitter person that posts Softball entries, sort of like a Raoul for softball?
If there is, maybe this thread should be moved to the UConn Baseball and Olympic Sports forum???
I wasn't aware of there being a mass exodus via the portal for softball last season, but maybe this year it will hit that sport as well. Volleyball doesn't seem like it's seen this yet either so far.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wasn't aware of there being a mass exodus via the portal for softball last season, but maybe this year it will hit that sport as well. Volleyball doesn't seem like it's seen this yet either so far.
Does volleyball need the portal? Volleyball players have been able to transfer without sitting out a year for many years now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Does volleyball need the portal? Volleyball players have been able to transfer without sitting out a year for many years now.
Excellent point. That was probably the case with softball as well. Maybe that's why the other sports haven't gone crazy with movement of players, because they weren't restricted previously.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, here's a question I've got that's related. Anyone notice that Super Seniors as they call them in softball (with the extra covid year) seem to mostly stay with their same team rather than transferring as a grad student? At least with Washington. It's almost like you HAVE to change teams if you're a grad student in wbb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom