2022 NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

Reaction Score
Sisters are playing on opposing teams today in the Arizona-Ok St game. Unlikely either play today though.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've been seeing a lot of hitters getting called out for stepping out of the box during the playoffs. It seems like slap hitters are on their way out of the game.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Today's results have pretty much gone as I predicted. Only one I wasn't sure about was UCLA-Texas.

Maxwell looks like she's totally in her element and the Cowgirls hope her streak doesn't stop.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oof, Pac 12 0-3 today, Big 12 3-0. Two head to head matchups between the conferences. I'm gonna go hide in shame now. :oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Oregon St. gets to put an asterisk next to their loss. Their ace pitcher is out. No info forthcoming, so OSU fans are speculating a positive covid test. Damn shame to get to OKC and then have that happen.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Well, Oregon St. gets to put an asterisk next to their loss. Their ace pitcher is out. No info forthcoming, so OSU fans are speculating a positive covid test. Damn shame to get to OKC and then have that happen.
I guessed the same, the only other real alternative might have been a family issue. Sad for them.

I just keep reminding myself that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Arizona. Just making the WS is a great accomplishment. I am just hoping they do beat Oregon State to avoid two consecutive years of "2 and barbeque". If they do lose, well, good for Oregon State.

I have absolutely no problem if UCLA goes down. Its a U of A thing. Just can't like them in softball. I don't root "for" them in any sport particularly, but in softball, they can go down every time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Northwestern first team sent packing. After getting crushed by Oklahoma yesterday, UCLA broke open a close game w/ 3 runs in the 7th to win 6-1. They had an exciting Super Regional in Tempe against ASU, but didn't look up to the task in OKC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Too bad for Oregon St., but congrats to Arizona for surviving another day.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I got Oklahoma and Oklahoma State today.

Can't see how Florida will get many hits on Maxwell. And Oklahoma I think will win like 5-2 or something, not impressive but they'll get by.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Jocelyn Alo being named NPOY once again and homering in today‘s win over Texas. She has brought so much pride to the state of Hawaii. I’m glad Patty Gasso has continued to recruit Hawaii as she already has gotten a verbal from the state’s top 2023 recruit (Nelly McEnroe-Marinas). If there is a team that I think can challenge OU in this WCWS, it’s OKST. Would love to see a Bedlam battle for the title.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA just run ruled Florida in an elimination game. And with that, the absolutely disastrous post season showing by the SEC is over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oklahoma will get UCLA, Bruins would have to win twice to advance to Championship Series. Those are the 2 highest seed teams left (#1 and #5).

Oklahoma St. (seeded #7) is awaiting winner of Texas-Arizona.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas wins. 3 of the remaining 4 teams are from the Big 12. That is impressive. I tip my cap.

See SEC, if you want to declare yourself the dominant conference in softball, THAT is how you do it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Texas wins. 3 of the remaining 4 teams are from the Big 12. That is impressive. I tip my cap.

See SEC, if you want to declare yourself the dominant conference in softball, THAT is how you do it.
Either early on in the series or last week, one of the talking heads was saying what an extraordinary season and talent the Big12 had at the top, and opined this might be their season. It is turning out that way. I'm dubious that UCLA can beat OK twice.

Good ending to the season for the Wildcats. I think they have exceeded expectations. As things turned out, the SEC and ACC didn't really succeed at all. Neither did the B1G. The PAC was disappointing at least to its fanbase.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Potential upset. UCLA up 5-1 over OU after 3. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Oklahoma's only 3 losses this year were to the 3 different teams still remaining.

Today's my day off, so more softball is good. I wouldn't mind all 4 games played. We know they'll be at least 3.

*edit in..... ouch 15-0. That first game ended up being pretty meaningless.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, OU jumps on UCLA in game 2 3-0 after 1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ouch, UCLA poked the bear. OU 15-0 in decisive Game 2.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
15 runs in 5 innings...double ouch!!!
Alo with a monster 2 HR and 7 RBI's. Was video'd holding out 5 fingers and saying this game ends in 5 innings.

Revenge for a critical strike out she had that helped UCLA take game 1. Camera's showed she was super pissed and just stewing on the bench.

With luck, another winner take all game between TX and OSU.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Two Oklahoma St games going on at the same time.

Going for Oklahoma St both games. I hate Texas for what they did with Vic, and I just hate Arkansas baseball in general. Their redneck fans more specifically.

edit in* bad decision going with the Game 1 pitcher agaiin by Texas. Letting one pitcher go that long against a Top 5 team is just not smart.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...Texas probably should've been seeded, and not sent to Seattle for a Regional. Just saying. But the committee likes to screw the Huskies over any which way they can lately, so par for the course.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Ah dang. Oklahoma St. just committed an all-worldly blown effort.

Whoever wins is going to be thumped by Oklahoma so maybe its all irrelevant at the end, but Oklahoma St. just threw their best chance away and that's just sad for that university.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ah dang. Oklahoma St. just committed an all-worldly blown effort.

Whoever wins is going to be thumped by Oklahoma so maybe its all irrelevant at the end, but Oklahoma St. just threw their best chance away and that's just sad for that university.
Their pitcher Maxwell deserved better. That was like the Marx Brothers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom