2022 NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington has nothing behind Plain pitching wise. Gonna be rough for them when she is gone.
Lynch looks awesome at times, terrible at others. Moore is fairly decent, but she's gone as well. Tarr has pretty much given up on Nelson and Willis. They really better plan on getting 2 quality starters from the transfer portal, or they'll be in trouble. Despite some potent hitters, their offense is too inconsistent to be able to count on just outscoring everybody.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. eliminated Ohio St., survived til Sunday. Good showing for them. Would have to beat Tennessee twice in Knoxville, but I think they have to feel good about winning a couple games.

Reaction Score
Lynch looks awesome at times, terrible at others. Moore is fairly decent, but she's gone as well. Tarr has pretty much given up on Nelson and Willis. They really better plan on getting 2 quality starters from the transfer portal, or they'll be in trouble. Despite some potent hitters, their offense is too inconsistent to be able to count on just outscoring everybody.
Washington may pick up Taylor Pleasants from LSU. She has been in contact with Klingler eyeing the portal

LSU is a mess right now but they have a complacent staff that has been here over a decade. It’s been a slow decline the last 4 years

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Why did they put the Bulls and the Bulldogs on ESPN2? They originally had us on ESPN+ and made me pay for that. I just bought a new electric vehicle, and would really like to save my money.

Looks like Georgina Corrick is done. She's hurt. We caught a huge break. Gotta win this.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
If LSU can't win this game, they've effectively picked a great great time to go on a 4 game losing streak. They just started to look headed South starting from the 4th Inning of the last regular season game vs Mississippi State and Ali Kilponen have been batted around a lot.

They'll be eliminated without even playing Arizona St. and I wouldn't have seen that coming, tho their regional was pretty tough.

*edit in.... thats it. they're done. Sad Tiger.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Why did they put the Bulls and the Bulldogs on ESPN2? They originally had us on ESPN+ and made me pay for that. I just bought a new electric vehicle, and would really like to save my money.

Looks like Georgina Corrick is done. She's hurt. We caught a huge break. Gotta win this.
The broadcast schedule was a mess, due to weather delays and a couple "long" games. It always is.

It is worse next week, when they typically broadcast everything - but the weather delays and long games end up putting stuff (often partial games) on channels you are not taping, like ESPN News.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
How many runs have San Diego St scored today? I live in SD, and I never followed the Aztecs to know how they swing it on the West Coast.

I feel like this game is gonna be one of those 12-11 scoreboard churning games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miss State shut out a Corrick less USF 6-0 at 12:05 am....face FSU at 2:00.

Corrick out was the difference in USF shutting out the Bulldogs 4-0 the day before and losing today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I saw that due to weather delays.. They didnt start the UGA-Liberty elimination game until 1115 last night. I'm not complaining as UGA has to face Duke at 2pm today, and they woukd have to beat the mighty blue Devils twice to advance

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mostly close games going on currently, but...Oklahoma is pounding A&M 17-0...in the 4th inning!

Clemson was the first team to punch their ticket to the Supers, then Florida.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
YEAH HAILSTATE.

Even if this win is short-lived, we'll be REALLY good (possibly Oklahoma City bound) next year if we could do this to the Mighty Seminoles.

However, worthy of note that Sandercock looks like she's done. So it's basically Danielle Watson or bust for them, and we are far from having used up all our pitchers. If we truly can beat Florida St. again and if Arizona can beat Missouri, they come to Starkville next weekend. That'll be cool. Of course, wishful thinking but that's the situation.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. on the verge of forcing another game against Tennessee.

Bama beat Stanford once already but the Tree up late in the deciding game.

Oklahoma continuing their onslaught--20-0. OUCH.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech forced another game against Kentucky.

Arkansas up comfortably against Oregon, Ducks would need to beat them twice today. Not looking likely.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Looking bleak for Alabama. Good on Stanford if they can truly do this. Alabama has looked extremely pedestrian at times this year.

Everybody said their regional was a joke. Looks like they're wrong. I'm bascially only a Dallas Goodnight fan and that's it. Fouts better come back next year with a vengeance otherwise poor girl missed her chance last year and her career is over.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Devyn Flaherty called for running early twice, otherwise the game is 4-4 right now. Do that one more time, Devyn... if you get another chance to bat.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess never bet against Arizona in the post season. Two unseeded Pac 12 teams have knocked out SEC teams on their home field. I can't deny I'm loving that! Let's make it 3 w/ Oregon St. That would definitely offset Washington not getting it done.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, I turned it on just in time to see a Tennessee homer. I got confused though, I saw the mark for 2 outs and thought it was 2 runners on base. A 1 run shot is a lot easier to take than a 3 run dinger.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mississippi St. saves some face for the SEC, and Georgia might as well. Still, a ton of teams eliminated. Pac 12 is gonna have 1 team eliminated at worst in the Regionals.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
HAIL

STATE

I knew I wasn't wrong for believing in this team. I was one of the few in Starkville who followed them the whole year.

Wow. Parity alert. Who wouldda guessed Arizona vs Mississippi State in Supers and it could be in Starkville???!?? No more 10 or 11 teams anymore. Pretty soon North Texas would be upsetting Oklahoma.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oops, I forgot about Oregon. Pac 12 could lose 2 teams today, but Washington just beat Texas to extend it to another game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Duke is getting some revenge for Georgia stealing their Regional from them last year. I still don't understand why UGa got to host.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom