2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time* | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time*

Reaction Score

-> As he tries to fashion a new era for UConn football, Mora sees everywhere that there is a lot of work ahead, but not once, he says, has the thought “what have I gotten myself into?” crept into his head.

“Not even for a heartbeat,” Mora said at the halfway mark of the Blue-White Showcase at Joe Morrone Stadium. “I mean, we have a lot of work to do, a ton of work to do, developing the men on our team, but I have not had one single moment when I have not been having fun. I think the future is very bright. It’s going to be a process to get there, but thankfully I’m working with a group of guys that’s excited to work to get there.” <-

-> There was not much to learn from the last of 15 spring practices, much of it 11-on-11 drills with limited contact, but the vibe was positive, at least. For a program that is 10-57 since 2016, it has to start somewhere.<-

-> “I see few penalties, which I like,” Mora said. “We’re not tackling [by design], and when you’re not tackling, it’s hard from the stands or sidelines to gauge what’s going on, or even for me standing on the field. You go back and look at the film, you’re looking at execution; you’re looking at effort. Right now, we’re just trying to get our operation down, and it’s been fine.” <-

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thank God I was able to go back to watching Uconn baseball on the other side of the field.
More context?

It sounds like it was non contact...more like drills than a game. And,..Mora said they were nervous...so maybe sloppy in the beginning.

I was hoping for more of w traditional game...at the rent. Maybe next year.

Reaction Score
More context?

It sounds like it was non contact...more like drills than a game. And,..Mora said they were nervous...so maybe sloppy in the beginning.

It was non contact 11-11 except the o-line/d-line . What I was told was they didn’t have enough players/depth to actually go full blown live tackle. Other than that though, I thought that it was meaningful especially for the quarterbacks to see how well they did. Seeing from a fan perspective I think that Steven K gets the qb1 going into fall camp because he seemed a lot better and poised with the 2nd team and had better control of the offense whereas TaQuan struggled and held onto the ball and played very conservative.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My youngest graduated from UConn a few years ago. Never had classes on Friday. Avery Point lots are sparse on Friday's.
Avery Point doesn't even have on-campus housing anymore.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure would bring in at least 3 transfers to start over anyone except Haynes. I guess staff is high on the guys they have.
I think there's another transfer on the depth chart who might just need a little time.

Reaction Score
Roberson not looking good at all... I'm seriously thinking that Zion Turner is gonna be a consideration for QB1 going into the fall.

Reaction Score
Some 4,000 tickets were claimed tonight for the festivities. Band is covering “Stacey’s Mom” now.
Not attacking anyone I am a fan, just my opinion. Neill is right the band was good. A lot of money on a very professional stage set up, sound system and sound men. As for 4,000 tickets claimed is that the same as attending?

There were a lot of very old folks walking around with a tee shirt that were to be given to the first 1,500 students to enter. You get the point. As for the experience it is subjective, I personally as a long time football fan enjoyed the baseball game more. (competition)
Could not tolerate the volume of constant rap music on the home side, this while being half deaf it penetrated the brain.
On the field the defense looked better than the O even only being allowed to play touch football.
We have to become much mora ;) relevant before it would be financially conceivable to even consider it. No attack, just fact.

Roberson not looking good at all...
You are being kind... ;)

Reaction Score
Roberson not looking good at all... I'm seriously thinking that Zion Turner is gonna be a consideration for QB1 going into the fall.
Roberson will be coached into a good player. He is young and you can tell gets happy with presure due to not much game exp like any young qb.

Reaction Score
It was non contact 11-11 except the o-line/d-line . What I was told was they didn’t have enough players/depth to actually go full blown live tackle. Other than that though, I thought that it was meaningful especially for the quarterbacks to see how well they did. Seeing from a fan perspective I think that Steven K gets the qb1 going into fall camp because he seemed a lot better and poised with the 2nd team and had better control of the offense whereas TaQuan struggled and held onto the ball and played very conservative.
Were they playing alot of 3-4 on defense?

Reaction Score
That was an hour of my life that I'll never get back
I guess our group was lucky. It was only 20 minutes of our life that we'll never get back. Luckily, we were able to join the many fans (at least a 100) that left the practice and went over to watch the baseball team win another game. Up until yesterday, Mora has been hitting every pitch out of the park. But yesterday, he struck out. The person in marketing that approved the constant overbearing LOUD music being played does not have the faintest idea of what appeals to UCONN football fans (my ears are still ringing). Maybe next year they can have 2 events. A concert with practice in the background for the students and a real scrimmage for UCONN fans. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Monday to make an appointment with my audiologist to see how much damage was done to my ears.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure would bring in at least 3 transfers to start over anyone except Haynes. I guess staff is high on the guys they have.
I think there's another transfer on the depth chart who might just need a little time.
Don’t forget that Chase Lundt was out for the spring still rehabbing a leg injury from the Clemson game.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget that Chase Lundt was out for the spring still rehabbing a leg injury from the Clemson game.
Was hoping RT and LG would be upgraded but he and Noel were young and hopefully improved. The only game I thought the line played well was vs Wyoming and we got really good qb play that day so upgrading that spot could go a long way in upgrading the OL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom