2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time* | The Boneyard

2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time*

Reaction Score

-> Join us during the evening of Thursday, April 21 for the 2022 UConn Football Blue/White Showcase on campus at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium. First billed as the Blue/White Game, the team has decided to shift its approach and treat the evening as another opportunity to practice, with an eye on engaging with fans in attendance as much as possible. <-

-> The event is free of charge, but claiming a ticket is a requirement to attend. General public and student-specific claim links can be found above. <-

Reaction Score
Well…this to me is the first negative in the Mora era. Certainly not a huge deal but I think they should be playing something resembling a game. I will reserve judgment until after but the open practices in the past while interesting are not very entertaining. As fans we like to see who makes plays in a game setting.

Reaction Score
No game? No stream? Doesn't do much to build interest imo. Especially after seeing so many other teams on their conference networks. This isn't complicated but maybe there's some reason for it.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the Boneyard if people weren't negative and jumping straight to conclusions LOL. Since they are calling it a showcase people are automatically assuming it won't be a game. Can anyone genuinely tell me that spring games are fun to watch, I've watched a fair few this year and they have all been snooze fest because that's what a spring game is, just a big sloppy fun mess. Also, look how many teams this year have modified their spring game due to injuries, illness, etc. Georgia tech just did redzone the whole time, offense vs defense, and it was probably one of the more interesting ones I've watched. Let's not get all negative until we actually see what they produce.

Reaction Score

-> Join us during the evening of Thursday, April 21 for the 2022 UConn Football Blue/White Showcase on campus at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium. First billed as the Blue/White Game, the team has decided to shift its approach and treat the evening as another opportunity to practice, with an eye on engaging with fans in attendance as much as possible. <-

-> The event is free of charge, but claiming a ticket is a requirement to attend. General public and student-specific claim links can be found above. <-

Personally, that sucks. If it's so wonderful why does every major college football team have a intra-squad spring game instead of a t-shirt give away?

Reaction Score
Tee shirt give aways have been the only thing getting people off their seats and cheering during games these last many years. Probably a good time to bring young kids if you can get there during the middle of week. So fun time for the players and students/fans close by.

Reaction Score
hard to have a full scrimmage with 2 QBs.
Or 2 sets of goal posts, maybe they couldn't afford em'.... ;) just kidding, but who knows why the change to "showcase". Lack of personel could be up there though.

1650021073469.png

Reaction Score
I heard Mora say on a brief interview that he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He promised that no matter what that the fans will be entertained. His big concern was finishing Spring healthy and that the available players would help determine what type of format they would go with.

Reaction Score
I heard Mora say on a brief interview that he wasn't sure what he was going to do. He promised that no matter what that the fans will be entertained. His big concern was finishing Spring healthy and that the available players would help determine what type of format they would go with.
As if that is different from every major program in the country, how? They don't care if their players are healthy?

My guess is that the soccer field is not good for football or a football game would tear it up. So this is the fall back.

Reaction Score
leave it to this place to jump to the negative right away lol. You think the students wanna sit and watch the classic 11v11? this is a new era gotta spice things up. Younger people wanna see cool stuff like longest kick range or trickshot passes. Will be way more fun.

Not to mention... there really hasn't been much indication that this won't be an 11v11 game.

Reaction Score
As if that is different from every major program in the country, how? They don't care if their players are healthy?

My guess is that the soccer field is not good for football or a football game would tear it up. So this is the fall back.
the field is turf

Reaction Score
Morrone’s playing surface is exactly the same Field Turf that is used on Rutgers and New England Patriots football fields (amongst many others).
You may be right (as I said it's a guess) but there are many kinds of turf. Are you sure it is the same turf and not just the same company? There is a preferred turf for soccer. Why did we chose a football type turf for our soccer stadium?

Reaction Score
You may be right (as I said it's a guess) but there are many kinds of turf. However, there is a preferred turf for soccer. Why did we chose a football type turf for our soccer stadium?

They didn’t - It’s same monofilament FieldTurf used by Seattle Sounders and Charlotte FC in addition to numerous NCAA soccer fields.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whatever the reason, I'm still trusting that Mora is making the proper decision for the program. My uneducated guess is that they don't want play a game on turf. This event has been a bit of a cluster from the start. I think they forgot about the baseball games originally. In any case, I'm giving them a pass this year because they could have edsalled it and done nothing. Next year, let's get back to The Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom