2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time* | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time*

Reaction Score

-> The events surrounding the showcase will remain largely unchanged. Gates to Morrone Stadium will open at 5:30 p.m. and concessions will be available at that time, along with giveaways, and attractions. Additionally, the first 1,500 students in attendance will receive a free UConn Football t-shirt.

The No. 15 UConn baseball team will compete on-campus against Villanova at 6 p.m., and due to the close proximity of Elliot Ballpark to Morrone Stadium, the baseball game will also be free of charge.

The festivities will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a live performance by the band Capital View on the north side of Morrone Stadium, near the Mark R. Shenkman Training Center. The on-field practice is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.

The football showcase event is free of charge, but claiming a ticket is a requirement to attend. General public and student-specific claim links can be found above. Previously claimed tickets will be valid for the new date. <-

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it...did they say why it was moved?
It’s in the announcement above.

“In an effort to better accommodate academic obligations of student-athletes, the UConn Football Blue/White Showcase will be shifted to Friday, April 22 at 7 p.m. at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at Rizza Performance Center. The rescheduled date will allow every student-athlete on the football roster to participate in the Showcase.”

Reaction Score
Is it possible that the big social night is no longer Thursday night at UConn? That students actually stay on campus for the weekend in measurable numbers?

Reaction Score
My youngest graduated from UConn a few years ago. Never had classes on Friday. Avery Point lots are sparse on Friday's.

Reaction Score
If ya can’t keep politics out of your commentary - don’t bother:

-> Governor Ned Lamont will be on hand Friday evening in Storrs during the UConn Football Blue/White Showcase at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at Rizza Performance Center. Gates to Morrone Stadium open at 5:30 p.m. and the practice will begin at 7 p.m. Lamont will show his support for the Huskies as an honorary coach and, while NCAA rules prohibit Lamont from engaging in any coaching activities, he will be able to interact with student-athletes, and coaches, on the sidelines.

"I am excited to welcome Coach Mora to UConn, and I look forward to joining the team and the entire UConn community in Storrs on Friday night to gear up for what is going to be an incredible football season," Governor Lamont said.<-

-> "I'd like to thank Governor Lamont for his continued support of UConn athletics and of the University at-large," director of athletics David Benedict said. "His presence at the Blue/White Showcase will mean a lot to our student-athletes, coaches and staff, and I'm looking forward to expressing my gratitude in person on Friday." <-

Reaction Score
If ya can’t keep politics out of your commentary - don’t bother:

-> Governor Ned Lamont will be on hand Friday evening in Storrs during the UConn Football Blue/White Showcase at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at Rizza Performance Center. Gates to Morrone Stadium open at 5:30 p.m. and the practice will begin at 7 p.m. Lamont will show his support for the Huskies as an honorary coach and, while NCAA rules prohibit Lamont from engaging in any coaching activities, he will be able to interact with student-athletes, and coaches, on the sidelines.

"I am excited to welcome Coach Mora to UConn, and I look forward to joining the team and the entire UConn community in Storrs on Friday night to gear up for what is going to be an incredible football season," Governor Lamont said.<-

-> "I'd like to thank Governor Lamont for his continued support of UConn athletics and of the University at-large," director of athletics David Benedict said. "His presence at the Blue/White Showcase will mean a lot to our student-athletes, coaches and staff, and I'm looking forward to expressing my gratitude in person on Friday." <-

This is pretty cool to see. All politics aside, Lamont has been a huge supporter of UConn athletics and Mora and him seem to have hit it off which I think will do nothing but help the program in the long run. It does nothing but help the program to have the leader of the state show up to the spring game.

Reaction Score
Good to see the Guv is gonna be there. I think we can expect both Ritters' there as well I would think as they have historically been big backers. And I am not ever going to criticize Lamont's predecessor for his support of UConn athletics either. He got us meaningful hockey programs. Both men;s and women's. Both programs came within an eyelash of going to the Frozen Four this year.

Reaction Score
1650628125208.jpeg

Looks like a nice D3 field

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member