2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 61 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Van Lith committing, I wonder if we'll hear from Owusu/Rogers soon since I doubt either ends up at LSU now.
I‘ve been wondering the same thing. I’m sure Owusu was itching to join her bff Reese in Baton Rouge, however Hailey Van Lith was Mulkey’s top priority imo.

Oh well, I’m sure she’s going to continue to be free for the time being. :oops:

LSUAlum96

Loooooong Time Lady Tigers Fan
Reaction Score
LSU has to be the favorite to repeat as NCAA champs next season with this addition!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I‘ve been wondering the same thing. I’m sure Owusu was itching to join her bff Reese in Baton Rouge, however Hailey Van Lith was Mulkey’s top priority imo.

Oh well, I’m sure she’s going to continue to be free for the time being. :oops:
I love watching Owusu but she carries some major red flags that others don't. Probably isn't worth the risk for Kim to bring someone like her on board based on her stay at VaTech. I hope she finds a good program though where she can thrive. When she's healthy/in shape, she's an elite level player. I think she could do great at a program who needs a playmaking PG.

Reaction Score
I love watching Owusu but she carries some major red flags that others don't. Probably isn't worth the risk for Kim to bring someone like her on board based on her stay at VaTech. I hope she finds a good program though where she can thrive. When she's healthy/in shape, she's an elite level player. I think she could do great at a program who needs a playmaking PG.
After her first two years at Maryland she looked like a lottery pick. If she can get in better shape I think she’ll have a good pro career.

Reaction Score
LSU ain’t landing any of em. Kim is getting out worked and out classed by Dawn, Harper, Coach Yo and Purcell at the moment while she is eating bon bons at home
Now that they landed Van Lith, were you being a pessimist or just wanted to be shocked?

Reaction Score
Miss. State's Denae Carter entering the portal:

This is the type of player that is very disappointing to lose. She had a season ending knee injury her first season then another less severe this season. She played three and four and even some five in certain situations. She had seen her playing time go down as the season progressed but she was really versatile defensively. She is the first player they wanted to stay to leave.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Surprised there's been no info regarding Kennedy Cambridge's destination. Obviously, her timetable is her own, but she was one of the first to announce she would be entering the transfer portal. Makes me wonder if there will be some desire to attend the same school as sister 2024 Jaloni.
Looks like Kennedy Cambridge is on a visit to Oregon; following several of their coaches on Instagram.

Reaction Score
I think Owusu has some of the best ball handling skills I've ever seen in a woman basketball player. As a sophomore, she literally broke a player's ankle with a crossover move. But she has not been very good since her sophomore year. Maybe it's because of the reasons you mentioned (Health/Getting in shape)

Reaction Score
This is the type of player that is very disappointing to lose. She had a season ending knee injury her first season then another less severe this season. She played three and four and even some five in certain situations. She had seen her playing time go down as the season progressed but she was really versatile defensively. She is the first player they wanted to stay to leave.
Carter was a good player when she was out there and one who defniitely felt like a "glue" type who could keep things under controll. She will be missed. Sigh. I really wonder if we will ever see four year players for teams again.

Reaction Score
I think Owusu has some of the best ball handling skills I've ever seen in a woman basketball player. As a sophomore, she literally broke a player's ankle with a crossover move. But she has not been very good since her sophomore year. Maybe it's because of the reasons you mentioned (Health/Getting in shape)
She's so talented. I keep thinking Alisa Pili turned a good Utah team to a PAC 12 champ, sweet 16 tournament team in one season and she had some questions too. I feel like on the optimistic side Owusu could have that seismic type of impact on the right team. But I can't seem to think of the best fit for her. If she wants to keep the DMV thing going maybe Virginia but she probably wants a shot at winning. I was thinking Duke, Kara will push her hard and they lost a lot of talent this off-season thus far and also of course it's a great school. Kansas State is also one I like because Ayoka Lee seems like a good leader and they have a lot of other talent returning. Lastly and probably a weird one I like is Oregon State. TVO and her would be pretty unguardable. I'm all in on Regina beers bring unguardable. And the storyline of taking a bottom feeder PAC 12 program and bringing them back up is priceless. I mean at her best she's an all American so most places "fit" but I think she needs to be put in a position where she's a focal point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's so talented. I keep thinking Alisa Pili turned a good Utah team to a PAC 12 champ, sweet 16 tournament team in one season and she had some questions too. I feel like on the optimistic side Owusu could have that seismic type of impact on the right team. But I can't seem to think of the best fit for her. If she wants to keep the DMV thing going maybe Virginia but she probably wants a shot at winning. I was thinking Duke, Kara will push her hard and they lost a lot of talent this off-season thus far and also of course it's a great school. Kansas State is also one I like because Ayoka Lee seems like a good leader and they have a lot of other talent returning. Lastly and probably a weird one I like is Oregon State. TVO and her would be pretty unguardable. I'm all in on Regina beers bring unguardable. And the storyline of taking a bottom feeder PAC 12 program and bringing them back up is priceless. I mean at her best she's an all American so most places "fit" but I think she needs to be put in a position where she's a focal point.
I don't know how she feels about winning a championship. At this stage of her career, I think she just want to be happy. Personally, I hope she stays home and go to George Mason University. They are an up and coming team in their conference and she will have family support in Fairfax, Va.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lauren Gustin staying put at BYU
Yes.. I liked the way Raoul phrased it:

"Redshirt junior forward Lauren Gustin has announced that she will return to BYU WBB for her final year of eligibility, following a brief sojourn into the transfer portal."

Reaction Score
Yes.. I liked the way Raoul phrased it:

"Redshirt junior forward Lauren Gustin has announced that she will return to BYU WBB for her final year of eligibility, following a brief sojourn into the transfer portal."

Along these same lines some players from Providence decided to stay put . I was really high on Olivia Olsen

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, it's pouring rain here in northern New Jersey, so no outside yard work today. :rolleyes:
So, I was checking one or two transfers on Raoul's blog, and then just went through all those pages to see who is still in the portal. These are the names I found. No ratings or preferences here, just a list.

What strikes me is right at the top: there are a number of point guards available.

Look forward to any updates/information/opinions on where these folks might end up.

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown)
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College)
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC)

Guards/Wings
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul)
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.)
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul)
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest)

Forwards

• Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State)
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas)
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia)
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul)
Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech)
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville)
  • Lauren Ware, 6'5" Jr. (Ariz.)

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well, it's pouring rain here in northern New Jersey, so no outside yard work today. :rolleyes:
So, I was checking one or two transfers on Raoul's blog, and then just went through all those pages to see who is still in the portal. These are the names I found. No ratings or preferences here, just a list.

What strikes me is right at the top: there are a number of point guards available.

Look forward to any updates/information/opinions on where these folks might end up.

Point Guards
-
Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
- Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown)

Guards/Wings

Forwards

• Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" (DePaul)

Centers

No insight, but that's a lot of talent on the table. Looking at Charlie Creme's too early top 25, most of the projected top 10-15 teams have PGs returning (and really good ones at that). Top programs who don't have an elite PG returning are Utah, Stanford, Tennessee, Maryland, and Duke. I doubt Utah replaces Palmer or tries to mess with their chemistry from this season, so they're likely off the table as a landing spot. Stanford is notably hard to transfer into, so I doubt they take anyone. Tennessee has Powell back but I'd imagine Owusu, Rogers or Johnson would be an upgrade. Duke needs help with Day-Wilson/Taylor gone. Maryland could be a good landing spot for Johnson. My uneducated guess for landing spots is:

Diamond Johnson-Maryland (last crop of transfers thrived there, program seems like it's in a good place)
Endiya Rogers-Texas (close to home for 1 more year)
Ashley Owusu-Tennessee or a smaller D1 school (playing time opportunity, I doubt she has a lot of options after last year)
Darrione Rogers-Mississippi State (visited there)
Erynn Barnum-Mississippi State (visited there)
Justine Pissott-Maryland (close to home)
Aneesah Morrow-South Carolina (position open for her to be a potential go to player)

Reaction Score

Point Guards
-

Guards/Wings

Forwards

Centers

Great list. However sorry it came at the expense of your yard. D Carter wants to play more of a three but doesn’t have the handle or outside shot. She does have the ability to guard on the perimeter with her length though. Despite her size and height she is a very good rebounder and interior defender. I still wish she would reconsider her decision to transfer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Point Guards
-

Guards/Wings

Forwards

Centers

The one player on there that I find interesting is Kennedy Fauntleroy. She's been in the portal a long time. I thought Maryland would be the favorite but they are interested in Taina Mair. I don't think Diamond Johnson is Brenda's type of player. I thought a poster from NC State stated that she doesn't like coaching. I'm sure Brenda doesn't want to go through 2021-22 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom