2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 50 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Ole Miss, South Carolina, Louisville? That’s my guess.
I saw a tweet (from a fan?) that South Carolina had 5 official visitors in town this weekend (Paopao, JUCO Center, Morrow, Day-Wilson, and Celeste Taylor). Based on IG stories, Paopao an the JUCO center were definites.

Had also seen rumors that Morrow had already visited LSU.

So, if she has already made a visit or two, you would think those would be among her finalists.

Reaction Score
I saw a tweet (from a fan?) that South Carolina had 5 official visitors in town this weekend (Paopao, JUCO Center, Morrow, Day-Wilson, and Celeste Taylor). Based on IG stories, Paopao an the JUCO center were definites.

So, if she has already made a visit or two, you would think those would be among her finalists.
Unless the visit goes badly. (and don't trust fans for visit lists)

Reaction Score

There was a social media post on Sakima Walker, the JC center visiting. I was honestly a little surprised to see her on a visit there considering who they have returning in the post. I would have figured she would go somewhere that she could start for two years. She is very athletic but very thin for a center. She would need to gain a lot of strength and weight to not get pushed around by the standard size posts she would face.

Reaction Score

Day-Wilson was the week prior to PaoPao's visit. Fans noted seeing it on her social feed. Day-Wilson was in Miami last week I recall. The ACC reporter who tweeted that was wrong and never corrected himself.

Reaction Score
There was a social media post on Sakima Walker, the JC center visiting. I was honestly a little surprised to see her on a visit there considering who they have returning in the post. I would have figured she would go somewhere that she could start for two years. She is very athletic but very thin for a center. She would need to gain a lot of strength and weight to not get pushed around by the standard size posts she would face.
Sakima is more of a forward despite her height. She shoots and incredible 3 pt percentage and a very good ft percentage for someone of her height. Her last second shot to win the JUCO national championship was beyond the nba line. She's a shooter - not a banger. I really haven't seen her shoot much in the paint. I dont see her pushing for RB position down low or leaning on a true center for position.

Reaction Score
Walker took less than one 3-pointer per game for her JUCO. IDK how that makes her a shooter.

Reaction Score
Walker is definitely a post player. I could see her succeeding at a school like SC. No she wouldn't start in year one but she would absolutely fit in and would be the perfect piece to relieve Cardoso.

I think Ole Miss may be the favorite though and she might even start there. I would be surprised if she doesn't go to a SEC or ACC school.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but the NCAA needs to have some standards. Since Diamond Johnson is not a grad transfer, she should have to sit out a year.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I thought Owusu was too
I posted previously that I would have been surprised if all of Owusu's coursework would have transferred seamlessly to Va Tech and she'd earn an undergraduate degree from Va Tech after attending only one year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I posted previously that I would have been surprised if all of Owusu's coursework would have transferred seamlessly to Va Tech and she'd earn an undergraduate degree from Va Tech after attending only one year.
He removed his tweet including Owusu. Now only includes Celeste Taylor.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Owusu is a grad transfer: the tweet has been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin