2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Researchers over at McGraw's Bench have noted that both Niele Ivey and Post Coach Carol Owens have put pictures of ceilings on their instagram sites. That's usually a sign there's some kind of visit going on. Since the NCAA is in a Quiet Period (only talk on campus) and the fact that one of these celing pics had "God, Country Notre Dame" on it's a pretty good bet that someone is coming to visit Notre Dame du lac.

So, who is it? The fact that Coach Owens is involved suggests someone Big. Could it be a post in the poral (say someone named Lauren?) or Ms. Koval is on record as saying she wanted visit ND in April.

Will keep posted.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Paopao set to visit South Carolina? Even though this tweet states "Gamecocks" and "Columbia", part of me wonders if someone misinterpreted info they received that she would be visiting "USC" and assumed it meant South Carolina and not Southern California.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Paopao set to visit South Carolina? Even though this tweet states "Gamecocks" and "Columbia", part of me wonders if someone misinterpreted info they received that she would be visiting "USC" and assumed it meant South Carolina and not Southern California.
South Carolina was very involved with PaoPao out of high school. It doesn’t surprise anybody that follows recruiting on our side that she’s taking another look. It was mentioned in our private conversations that she would probably take another look at SC the minute she entered the portal. Doesn’t mean she’ll end up here obviously.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
South Carolina was very involved with PaoPao out of high school. It doesn’t surprise anybody that follows recruiting on our side that she’s taking another look. It was mentioned in our private conversations that she would probably take another look at SC the minute she entered the portal. Doesn’t mean she’ll end up here obviously.
And, she's from southern California and started following a Trojan player or two on Instagram right after she entered the transfer portal. Either/both "USC" make sense for a visit; I just wonder if there was a possible misinterpretation.

Reaction Score
Well that sounds sorta salty.

20230413_171023.jpg

Reaction Score
Idk about Morrow in particular but despite Reese’s full of self antics she did pass the ball quite a bit inside, whether it was to another post or to an open guard on the perimeter when the D collapsed inside.

Reese’s assist numbers jumped up from a sophomore at Maryland

Sophomore season: 41 assists to 81 turnovers

Junior season: 81 assists to 80 turnovers

Honestly that’s an impressive jump. I’m honestly as impressed with this level of improvement than anything else she has done.
To add on. Kim did very well with multiple bigs at Baylor. It'll work

Reaction Score
Erynn Barnum visited Auburn recently. The Tigers seem to be quite low on personnel at the moment.

Reaction Score
I think she would be wise to consider it............not only is JP an excellent shooter, she's willing to do it within the structure of the offense........her height allows her to shoot over smaller defenders and is helpful defensively.........
JP was a defensive liability at UT her freshman season, the main reason for her lack of PT. As for your comments on her height and ability to shoot over shorter players….you apparently have not watched her play. She has an unusual shot release, it’s been described many different ways, but it’s basically a push shot release from shoulder area. Doesn’t fly against D1 defenders……

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm going to very cautiously/gingerly step out on a limb here and suggest that both Kim and Dawn will do "very well" in the portal this spring. Both of their programs are very attractive to recruits and portal transfers. They usually come away filling their needs for the coming year quite nicely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JP was a defensive liability at UT her freshman season, the main reason for her lack of PT. As for your comments on her height and ability to shoot over shorter players….you apparently have not watched her play. She has an unusual shot release, it’s been described many different ways, but it’s basically a push shot release from shoulder area. Doesn’t fly against D1 defenders……
I've been watching her play since she was in junior high and I've seen her score over short, medium and tall defenders .........let's see how she does at her next destination......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been watching her play since she was in junior high and I've seen her score over short, medium and tall defenders .........let's see how she does at her next destination......
In defense of Justine’s shooting motion, it’s similar to Caroline’s, a shoulder level push shot, and she is able to get that off against D1 defenders pretty regularly. Where she differs from Caroline is overall court craftiness. She doesn’t have the broad arsenal of clever flip shots and passes, and she may not be quite the defender Caroline is. On the other hand, she may develop these skills at the right school.

Reaction Score
In defense of Justine’s shooting motion, it’s similar to Caroline’s, a shoulder level push shot, and she is able to get that off against D1 defenders pretty regularly. Where she differs from Caroline is overall court craftiness. She doesn’t have the broad arsenal of clever flip shots and passes, and she may not be quite the defender Caroline is. On the other hand, she may develop these skills at the right school.
I've just been watching some Tennessee game tape and she sure looked good against Central Florida a team we know well........she was a guard for a long time before a late high school growth spurt to 6'3" so she can handle the ball and has pretty good court vision...............

Reaction Score
I've been waiting to see a player who can't get off their shot. Siegrist dang near releases it in the defender's face. If they made it to D1 they can get a shot off. Making it...is another story.:)

Reaction Score
I've just been watching some Tennessee game tape and she sure looked good against Central Florida a team we know well........she was a guard for a long time before a late high school growth spurt to 6'3" so she can handle the ball and has pretty good court vision...............
New breed of players. Jersey at Arkansas. Shakira at Ole Miss. Even Angel Reese, but she scores inside. Shakira excelled at the midrange game. Jersey and Pissott are 3-point gunners that are not trying to go inside unless they just find themselves there. They will figure it out. And the best to ever do it at this height...Breanna Stewart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
when I saw you give her height as 6'3" I did a double take. Last I saw her, I figured her for 6'2" at best. But I just checked the Tennessee roster and they listed her at 6'4". Does anyone have reliable info on her? If she's really 6'4" and shoots as well as she does, a lot of teams will want her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom