2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 58 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, she could stay at DePaul and do that? But, she isn't.

Yes she could have and yes she left. At the same time, look at DePaul's performance while she was there. They barely made the tournament when she was a freshman (if memory serves correct) and didn't this last season.
Looking at the team before she transferred out along with others it didn't seem like this team was going to be competitive next season. She could have left DePaul just for that reason if you ask me.

Reaction Score
or why some schools are having less success in recruiting.

I think your comment is in regards to schools using NIL as an excuse to save face? I could see that. Reminds me of what Saban said last year that Texas A&M* t took offense to last year when he said something similar to get the Alabama base riled up to support.

*corrected with the assist from @southie

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think your comment is in regards to schools using NIL as an excuse to save face? I could see that. Reminds me of what Saban said last year that Texas Tech took offense to last year when he said something similar to get the Alabama base riled up to support.
Texas A&M and Jimbo Fisher :cool:

Reaction Score
I remember when Megan Walker was going through the recruiting process out of high school. She posted a photo of herself on social media either in Texas gear, and/or with the Texas coaching staff and her family in her living room. Somebody else then kind of ran with it on social media implying she had verbally committed to Texas. Walker then tweeted that she had not made a college decision and had not verballed to Texas. Back then, I would have loved if the #notcommitted hashtag was a common thing! :D
At least you know why the it is better for players to post hastag when they are wearing lthese uniforms on recruiting visits.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think the bala in the ACC has shifted a bit.ND on top, then UNC, VPI and then Louisville, Miami, Duke, Virginia and then NC State. With some movement of players unknown.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. It seems pretty common. I distinctly remember Dyaisha Fair's post last year with Dawn Staley. I thought it was cool for her and must've been a moment for her.

The post that i thought was a bit over the top for Morrow was the video. But I do think it's marketing in a sense and trying to squeeze every opportunity to capitalize off the decision.

On a basketball note, anyone concerned with her size, and how that impacts a team defensively. Watching highlights, she looks like she may be even shorter than 6'1. Conversely she looks to be a better shooter than her percentages from last year kinda reflect.

Highlights by their nature tend to make players look like really good shooters...

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if it could be TL? I'm only seeing about 6 players on their roster for the fall. No incoming freshmen and only one from the portal. She and O.G. both ended the season with an "undisclosed" injury and were unable to play in the NCAA tournament. Her stock will probably never be higher and I don't know what her NIL situation is but if she wants to play for a championship then elsewhere make sense.
Who is TL?

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if it could be TL? I'm only seeing about 6 players on their roster for the fall. No incoming freshmen and only one from the portal. She and O.G. both ended the season with an "undisclosed" injury and were unable to play in the NCAA tournament. Her stock will probably never be higher and I don't know what her NIL situation is but if she wants to play for a championship then elsewhere make sense.
Who is TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer