2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 47 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her twin sister goes to the Naval Academy in Annapolis. I wonder if Brenda will have any interest in bringing her to College Park.
I think she would be wise to consider it............not only is JP an excellent shooter, she's willing to do it within the structure of the offense........her height allows her to shoot over smaller defenders and is helpful defensively.........

Reaction Score
Pissot looks like a Rae Burrell type player. A tall shooting guard with some ball skills. Any team ought to want her. Except UConn since we have several of those already or in the pipeline.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've been watching her play for years as she trained in the summers with my daughter.......great person and a dedicated worker...........Tennessee really didn't handle her correctly.......she can flat out shoot but simply never got the consistent playing time she needed........would love to see her back in Jersey at Rutgers or Seton Hall........
You and I had many conversations about Pissot over the years. Wasn't one of the reasons she went to Tennessee is legacy (one of her parents went there)?

I would've loved to have her consider my alma mater, but I just can' see where she'd fit in now with Sonia Citron at one guard/wing and Emma Risch coming in as a frosh. Still, that shooting and underrated athletic ability.

The one other school that screamed to me was Villanova, who has an opening at the forward position ;).
And, of course, Maryland. I'm sure Brenda's been in touch. One other person who will get on the phone: Tiny Green. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been watching her play for years as she trained in the summers with my daughter.......great person and a dedicated worker...........Tennessee really didn't handle her correctly.......she can flat out shoot but simply never got the consistent playing time she needed........would love to see her back in Jersey at Rutgers or Seton Hall........
Kind of slow footed though.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kind of slow footed though.
Hmmm. I've seen her play in AAU and high school and don't remember thinking "slow" or "a step behind all the time." Maybe with some players, yes, but not most of them. Is she as fast/agile as Soni Citron, another wing/big guard? No, but very few are.
However, don't see this being a hindrance. At least for coaches like Brenda Freese (Jersey connection) or Villanova. If I'm Coquese Washington at Rutgers, I'm seeing her parents for lunch ASAP.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Hmmm. I've seen her play in AAU and high school and don't remember thinking "slow" or "a step behind all the time." Maybe with some players, yes, but not most of them. Is she as fast/agile as Soni Citron, another wing/big guard? No, but very few are.
However, don't see this being a hindrance. At least for coaches like Brenda Freese (Jersey connection) or Villanova. If I'm Coquese Washington at Rutgers, I'm seeing her parents for lunch ASAP.
She better be!

Reaction Score
LSU supposedly hosting Hailey Van Lith and Morrow. One just visited and other is visiting later this week or early week per LSU insider

Only Hailey Van Lith really makes sense. I can’t see Morrow and Reese doing well together. Someone would get angry about not getting enough shots or points

Reaction Score
LSU supposedly hosting Hailey Van Lith and Morrow. One just visited and other is visiting later this week or early week per LSU insider

Only Hailey Van Lith really makes sense. I can’t see Morrow and Reese doing well together. Someone would get angry about not getting enough shots or points
I can’t imagine any interior passing on a Reese Morrow frontline. What’s more, I imagine Reese saw how Miller did in the draft as a big wing and really wants to get out of the low post next season.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine any interior passing on a Reese Morrow frontline. What’s more, I imagine Reese saw how Miller did in the draft as a big wing and really wants to get out of the low post next season.
Idk about Morrow in particular but despite Reese’s full of self antics she did pass the ball quite a bit inside, whether it was to another post or to an open guard on the perimeter when the D collapsed inside.

Reese’s assist numbers jumped up from a sophomore at Maryland

Sophomore season: 41 assists to 81 turnovers

Junior season: 81 assists to 80 turnovers

Honestly that’s an impressive jump. I’m honestly as impressed with this level of improvement than anything else she has done.

Reaction Score
Idk about Morrow in particular but despite Reese’s full of self antics she did pass the ball quite a bit inside, whether it was to another post or to an open guard on the perimeter when the D collapsed inside.

Reese’s assist numbers jumped up from a sophomore at Maryland

Sophomore season: 41 assists to 81 turnovers

Junior season: 81 assists to 80 turnovers

Honestly that’s an impressive jump
I agree. She passed to Williams and back out. But Williams was not as flashy a player as her. Would she so happily pass to Morrow, a clear rival for the spotlight? And would Morrow give the ball up to her? That’s what I meant by “interior passing.”

Reaction Score
Paopao would be a great scoring grab for SC. Curious though where Day Wilson would fit into the equation but she has multiple years of experience who is very capable and talented

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Let's grab them both, and then we can hang the portal champs banner too!
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Close strikes me as a great motivator — her players seem to love playing for her, there aren’t any visible chemistry issues, and her program exudes a positive atmosphere. Like you, I’m less sold on her on-court results. I have similar sentiments about Coach Yo although I’ve somewhat changed my tune based on her improved team performance despite losing a WNBA starter in Shakira Austin.

If I’m Betts, the list of programs is pretty narrow. I’d be shocked to see her at any school east of the Great Plans beside Iowa and Notre Dame. UCLA could certainly be a contender and I’d put Colorado in there as well.
Where has that "motivation" translated into any modicum of success in her 12 years of coaching and all the "top recruits" she has garnered? I mean, a tie for 2nd in the PAC12 in 2020 as her best season does not scream "great" at anything. I stand by my assessment she can recruit but simply can't evolve these players for success during their college careers.

By the way, has anyone heard from our close pal @triaddukefan ? We might need a welfare check on him since the news about Celeste Taylor has come out....Triad-
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paopao would be a great scoring grab for SC. Curious though where Day Wilson would fit into the equation but she has multiple years of experience who is very capable and talented

Day-Wilson would need to be willing to be part of an ensemble versus being the main cog on the team. That and being comfortable with running what Coach Staley wants versus doing her own thing.

My impression from watching her this season was that she struggled with that. This isn't something she's used to based on her play at Crestwood and her freshman season at Duke. It's not that she can't, it's a matter of will she from what I know and have seen of her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Someone please check on our good friend triaddukefan. Let’s all chip in to send him a care package of cheerwine.

Actually I'm trying to limit my sugary soda intake.. But im more than willing to accept some new haven pizza, a couple of slabs of beef ribs, and some Italian cream cake to assuage my pain.

Reaction Score
I agree. She passed to Williams and back out. But Williams was not as flashy a player as her. Would she so happily pass to Morrow, a clear rival for the spotlight? And would Morrow give the ball up to her? That’s what I meant by “interior passing.”
I’m with you 100%

It all depends on what Morrows goals are. If she ends up going to a major program to contend for a title, she will most likely not be able to jack up the amount of shots she did at DePaul. She will be playing with many other very good players so shooting 30 times a game won’t fly if she were to go to one of those types of schools

Or she can transfer to a NCAAT caliber program and still be the face of the team shooting the ball a lot

Again it’s all dependent on each one’s intentions on what they are really looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom