2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 53 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It’s true. Last year, UCLA was little more than two great PGs and a bunch of wings struggling to play the 4 next to Bessoir who seems like a natural 4 stuck trying to play the 5. Betts rebalances all of that for them. Now they have a solid 5 and Bessoir can play the 4 next to her and all those wings can just play their natural positions.

Their guards need to pass the ball more. Especially Osborne who takes 14+ shots a game at a very low percentage. Needs to improve shot selection and decision making for her team success, and for her to potentially play at the next level. Rice has star potential but needs to be given the full reigns IMO at PG (Conti handled more PG duties in games I saw) and Osborne needs to stay at the 2. I think if Rice is given full reign, great things will happen the next couple of years in UCLA. I agree Betts and Dugalic have potential to balance the line up tremendously well if the guards adjust the way they play to prioritize post play.

Reaction Score
Maybe a little over exuberant again. ;) Osborne: 38 FG%- 29 3PT%- 2.8 APG. Rice: 41%- 21%- 3 APG. That's 5.8 APG combined for 2 GREAT PGs. Although they did look good dribbling around the perimeter.
You're right that their stats don't leap off the page -- I may have overstated. But in this case, I think they are a little better than the stats suggest. I particularly remember Osborne nearly beating us singlehandedly two seasons ago, turning a 14 pt lead in the closing seconds into a nail biter that we could have lost at the free throw line. She scored 8 pts in 23 seconds. I think it's tougher to make a case for Rice's greatness, but I think there's a special spark in that kid.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Agreed. Celeste, while an above-average defender, doesn’t fill the void (offensively) that Taylor Mikesell left at all.
Who would (of transfers reportedly interested in OSU)?

Reaction Score
Is Kyra Elzy going to land anyone this off-season? Kentucky has only one proven player on their roster for next season (Scherr) and only brought in one 4* recruit for ‘23.

I expected so much more from her, but coming off a dead last SEC finish and no substantial additions so far the writing is on the wall imo.
Honestly, I’m shocked she’s kept her job. That in and of itself may very well be the reason UK is not getting players out of the portal. I think the AD has done a disservice to the program to keep Elzy on.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I’m shocked she’s kept her job. That in and of itself may very well be the reason UK is not getting players out of the portal. I think the AD has done a disservice to the program to keep Elzy on.
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they give Elzy a contract extension through the 26-27 season after the SECT run last year?

It’s looking worse and worse by the day now unfortunately

Reaction Score
LSU is hosting Morrow and Lexi Donarski next week. Not sure Donarski would fit but good player

Rogers may visit as well but lsu focusing on 3 players at the moment

Reaction Score
LSU is hosting Morrow and Lexi Donarski next week. Not sure Donarski would fit but good player

Rogers may visit as well but lsu focusing on 3 players at the moment
Van Lith, Morrow and Donarski added to the returning and incoming players would be hell for everyone else.

Reaction Score
Anyone hearing where S. Day-Wilson is landing?

The only visits I'm aware of have been to South Carolina and Miami. Based on the number of commits to Miami, starting to suspect South Carolina may be in the lead but this is all speculation on my part.

It's been a lot quieter on the social media than during her recruitment from what I've noticed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only visits I'm aware of have been to South Carolina and Miami. Based on the number of commits to Miami, starting to suspect South Carolina may be in the lead but this is all speculation on my part.

It's been a lot quieter on the social media than during her recruitment from what I've noticed.

If #30 goes to Lower Carolina, man ol man.. That would be interesting.. Lemme get my popcorn ready

Reaction Score
Hope she visits LSU as we are likely to strike out on all of Hailey Van Lith, Morrow and Donarski

Reaction Score
Hope she visits LSU as we are likely to strike out on all of Hailey Van Lith, Morrow and Donarski
All 3? I don't see Mulkey getting struck out. Afterthought. Adding Hailey Van Lith and Morrow with what they already have seem like a combustible concoction to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin