2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 55 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Key part of your second sentence "right now". One championship doesn't set a standard. Yes, Mulkey has a pedigree for winning titles, but it seems a tad foolhardy to believe she's not going to make the effort to recruit. Transfers may pan out one season and flop the next. Louisville is a good example.

And if this is the case, couldn't the same be said for Staley? She's currently on the road watching AAU events during the live period. She could be chilling on campus waiting for more players to come in and visit.

And the flood of calls coming in this year could easily dry up next season depending on how things play out. Literally or not, it's not the best impression to put out there from my perspective.
She did not say it personally in the interview. Angel said it based off a private conversation they had. Mulkey was not there. I’m just telling you what I saw and got from the interview. Maybe she just feels like she won’t have to work as hard because of all the attention they’ve gotten from social media and winning a championship that all of the best players are calling. It’s not that deep for me. Watch the interview.

Reaction Score
Not officially announced yet but a big get from the portal for NC State.
Hailey Van Lith? Shocks the world. Diamond Johnson felt threatened so had to leave (joking of course).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Something going on in Watts. Thinking Te-hina Paopao will also visit Southern Cal.
Possibly, but the other day I watched some YT vids of Tehina at Oregon and one of them she talked about her final 2 coming out of HS was between UO or staying home and playing at San Diego St. She said she chose UO because she wants to win a national championship. I guess we’ll see if that’s still a factor when she chooses her new school.

Reaction Score
Committing after the portal-entry deadline is all I keep thinking about. Will suck for whomever gets recruited over and can’t explore their options without having to sit a year.

Reaction Score
Answer me this please. This year is there any difference to signing a senior or junior player out of the portal? Meaning if a player is listed as a junior in the portal they will be enrolling at their new school as a senior(1 year of eligibility left) and if listed as a senior then they are using their "covid year" (1 year of eligibility left) - not counting "grad" transfers since that's another thing. Just a thought.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Answer me this please. This year is there any difference to signing a senior or junior player out of the portal? Meaning if a player is listed as a junior in the portal they will be enrolling at their new school as a senior(1 year of eligibility left) and if listed as a senior then they are using their "covid year" (1 year of eligibility left) - not counting "grad" transfers since that's another thing. Just a thought.
The main difference I can think of is that the senior is more likely to leave after 1 season to either go pro or start their next chapter in life. Juniors don't have the same option to declare for the W if they're not old enough, and they aren't as likely to leave without finishing their degree first. Both have 2 years of eligibility left though.

Reaction Score
Both have 2 years of eligibility left though.
This is where I'm having the problem. Let's use Oregon as an example. Endyia Rogers just completed her senior year and (barring grad transfer status) would only have 1 year of eligibility remaining at her new school using the "covid" exception. Te-Hina Paopao just completed her junior year and would also (again barring grad status)) only have 1 year of eligibility remaining at her new school. Am I missing something here? Both as "seniors" should be old enough to declare for the WNBA at end of next season.

Reaction Score
This is where I'm having the problem. Let's use Oregon as an example. Endyia Rogers just completed her senior year and (barring grad transfer status) would only have 1 year of eligibility remaining at her new school using the "covid" exception. Te-Hina Paopao just completed her junior year and would also (again barring grad status)) only have 1 year of eligibility remaining at her new school. Am I missing something here? Both as "seniors" should be old enough to declare for the WNBA at end of next season.

Paopao has a Covid year. This will be rogers Covid year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin