Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Live video of Morrows recruitment just leaked:

FeistyIckyCapybara-size_restricted.gif
Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

Reaction Score
Do possible recruits just a visiting usually get dressed in visiting school unis with photo shoot and then plaster them photos on Twitter and say it's not a commitment? When is this going to end?
This has gone on for, at least, the past 5 years.

Some schools, UConn for example, don’t allow it seeing as it’s an honor and a huge privilege to wear a UConn jersey. Other schools don’t see a problem with it. It probably isn’t gonna end and is just another example of changes within the College Hoops realm. Happens just as often on the Men’s side (if not more).

Reaction Score
Are you new to the process? :p
Imagine if we did this when seeking employment. :eek:
This has gone on for, at least, the past 5 years.

Some schools, UConn for example, don’t allow it seeing as it’s an honor and a huge privilege to wear a UConn jersey. Other schools don’t see a problem with it. It probably isn’t gonna end and is just another example of changes within the College Hoops realm. Happens just as often on the Men’s side (if not more).
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my query and reassuring me the process we have in place (recruitment/transfer portal) will not end anytime soon. ;)

EDIT: Apparently another thread of same topic and same Twitter images is going on in the UConn Women's Forum and they're also somewhat surprised about the #notcommited thing...I'm not alone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my query and reassuring me the process we have in place (recruitment/transfer portal) will not end anytime soon. ;)

EDIT: Apparently another thread of same topic and same Twitter images is going on in the UConn Women's Forum and they're also somewhat surprised about the #notcommited thing...I'm not alone. :rolleyes:

This is usually done with the initial recruitment. I believe she didn’t do this in her original recruitment which is why she’s doing it now

Reaction Score

It's pretty common these days. These kids are just having fun and aren't hurt hurting anyone. Someone like Aneesah was highly underrated out of high school and never recruited like this so I say let her have her moment. Here are some more examples below of others doing it.

https://twitter.com/JG3_____/status/1650263475992641543?t=_EWaIUHBW-2Y_WW-8jSPQQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/mtrigg_/status/1483495757483290625?t=-fz-Zqi7E4uQr-sWdzB-qA&s=19

Reaction Score
It's pretty common these days. These kids are just having fun and aren't hurt hurting anyone. Someone like Aneesah was highly underrated out of high school and never recruited like this so I say let her have her moment. Here are some more examples below of others doing it.

https://twitter.com/JG3_____/status/1650263475992641543?t=_EWaIUHBW-2Y_WW-8jSPQQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/mtrigg_/status/1483495757483290625?t=-fz-Zqi7E4uQr-sWdzB-qA&s=19

I agree with this. It seems pretty common. I distinctly remember Dyaisha Fair's post last year with Dawn Staley. I thought it was cool for her and must've been a moment for her.

The post that i thought was a bit over the top for Morrow was the video. But I do think it's marketing in a sense and trying to squeeze every opportunity to capitalize off the decision.

On a basketball note, anyone concerned with her size, and how that impacts a team defensively. Watching highlights, she looks like she may be even shorter than 6'1. Conversely she looks to be a better shooter than her percentages from last year kinda reflect.

Reaction Score
On a basketball note, anyone concerned with her size, and how that impacts a team defensively. Watching highlights, she looks like she may be even shorter than 6'1. Conversely she looks to be a better shooter than her percentages from last year kinda reflect.
For collegiate basketball I am not concerned about her height. The way she is able to make use of her overall size often negates the size advantage in most cases. Similar to how Naz Hilmon succeeded at Michigan.

I think a team in which she's not asked to do so much will likely help her to find new ways to use her size more effectively. Although I do believe if she wants a pro career she'll have to transition to the 3 position. So who she chooses could have huge ramifications as to what happens professionally.

Reaction Score
Aneesah’s followed a couple USC players and Coach Lindsay Gottlieb, which she seems to be doing in moderation. Appears that Juju Watkins is in on her recruitment as well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I remember when Megan Walker was going through the recruiting process out of high school. She posted a photo of herself on social media either in Texas gear, and/or with the Texas coaching staff and her family in her living room. Somebody else then kind of ran with it on social media implying she had verbally committed to Texas. Walker then tweeted that she had not made a college decision and had not verballed to Texas. Back then, I would have loved if the #notcommitted hashtag was a common thing! :D

Reaction Score
I remember when Megan Walker was going through the recruiting process out of high school. She posted a photo of herself on social media either in Texas gear, and/or with the Texas coaching staff and her family in her living room. Somebody else then kind of ran with it on social media implying she had verbally committed to Texas. Walker then tweeted that she had not made a college decision and had not verballed to Texas. Back then, I would have loved if the #notcommitted hashtag was a common thing! :D
I was curious and I found this. Her top 3.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What is the sudden surge at Southern Cal? Someone decide to open up the NIL checkbook to restore their women's hoops program?

Reaction Score
What is the sudden surge at Southern Cal? Someone decide to open up the NIL checkbook to restore their women's hoops program?

Is there any proof of that? Reason why I ask is I recall Watkins having her own NIL deals before committing. USC looked a lot more competitive last season in comparison to previous years too. Not saying it doesn't have some impact, but it may not be the only reason people are attracted to USC nowadays.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is there any proof of that? Reason why I ask is I recall Watkins having her own NIL deals before committing. USC looked a lot more competitive last season in comparison to previous years too. Not saying it doesn't have some impact, but it may not be the only reason people are attracted to USC nowadays.
I was asking. So, you think there are reasons other than NIL that Morrow would have Southern Cal as one of her 3 finalists? It certainly isn't recent post-season success, proximity to home, etc.

Reaction Score
I was asking. So, you think there are reasons other than NIL that Morrow would have Southern Cal as one of her 3 finalists? It certainly isn't recent post-season success, proximity to home, etc.

Why couldn't there be? Sure USC hasn't shown much in the form of tournament success but their trajectory seems to be going upwards. The same question was asked when Watkins chose the program over others in California that offered the potential for more post-season success.

I'm just finding the NIL talking point to be a bit of a crutch when talking about why players are transferring. Morrow is in a position where she could strike her own NIL deals like Clark, Van Lith, and others have without the help of a school program.

Reaction Score
Why couldn't there be? Sure USC hasn't shown much in the form of tournament success but their trajectory seems to be going upwards. The same question was asked when Watkins chose the program over others in California that offered the potential for more post-season success.

I'm just finding the NIL talking point to be a bit of a crutch when talking about why players are transferring. Morrow is in a position where she could strike her own NIL deals like Clark, Van Lith, and others have without the help of a school program.
or why some schools are having less success in recruiting.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

So, she could stay at DePaul and do that? But, she isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom