2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If you like to shoot and play minimal defense, Oklahoma is a great choice. Seems like she likes playing in red.

I love your ability to root for two teams as hard as you do.

Only 2? That's child's play

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
So if she has a do not contact designation, isn't the logical destination FGCU since she is married to a man there?
That would be my guess. We've sort of been wondering how long until they ended up at the same school. She's a good player, and had been the "star" of summer workouts. Underachieved a bit prior to this year, but was looking pretty good in limited play until she "disappeared" around Thanksgiving. Hopefully, this is all about her uniting her family.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That was very quick....

Good for her.
This one makes sense.

- She's known Okie Coach Jennie Baranczyk for awhile, dating back to when Coach B. was at Drake.

- Baranczyk runs an up-tempo offense and that's got to appeal to Verhulst, who always had the air of an unbridled colt to me. She just likes to go. That's why teams such as Oklahoma and Iowa State seemed like likely destinations.

- Taylor Robertson and Madi Williams have done great by Coach B. However, they're both nearing the end of the road in terms of eligibility, so there will a huge opportunity for Verhulst to step on court and let it rip.

Good luck to her in Norman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't forget Llanusa, who seems like will be just a few months away from Social Security eligibility by the time her OU career is over.
(Talk about a career snake bit with injuries ... love that she keeps coming back).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So if she has a do not contact designation, isn't the logical destination FGCU since she is married to a man there?
Maybe- but it appears she will have to wait until next season to be able to play because FGCU has 15 players listed on the rosters. I realize that having 15 players on the roster doesn't mean no scholarships are available. FGCU has 6 players listed as 5th year players but I suppose a roster expansion beyond 15 is possible assuming those 5th year players are using their COVID extra year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Nice get for BYU:

Really sorry Oregon lost her. Great energy and future, I thought. Kind of inexplicable.
Oh well... best wishes to her and Amari Whiting in Provo.

Reaction Score
Hasn’t been announced yet but former NC State post player and Minnesota native Sophie Hart is transferring to Minnesota.

Reaction Score
Really sorry Oregon lost her. Great energy and future, I thought. Kind of inexplicable.
Oh well... best wishes to her and Amari Whiting in Provo.
A little flaky to leave while in the middle of a trip to San Diego for a tournament. Leave before the trip or after you get back, kind of a poor decision with the timing. She was a room mate with the other freshmen so it must be that she did not fit in well personality wise. Sometimes that happens. If it was not enough playing time or not see a path to start then it was on her to perform at a higher level to earn that spot. The last couple of games she was in the effort kind of dropped off. At least with BYU she will get more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom