2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 43 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Smart or not. You have got to play your 6’7 #1 ranked post player or they will play somewhere else.
She played. She's a freshman. #1 out of HS is not #1 in college at a top program no less. But honestly, I have no idea why she decided to leave.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Surprised Ana Wilson didn't have her NFL QB brother Russell Wilson pay for her Stanford expenses for one season so as Stanford could keep Carrington on scholarship . . . :p
Well in addition to her scholarship, Anna's playing time would've disappeared too lol.

Reaction Score
No offense to the people who live there, but have you been to Waco?
I watched Flaujae on Haley's podcast and she said she knew she wanted to play for Kim during the 2021 bubble, but did not want to go to Texas. I think most of her recruits were from Texas during her time at Baylor.

Reaction Score
I watched Flaujae on Haley's podcast and she said she knew she wanted to play for Kim during the 2021 bubble, but did not want to go to Texas. I think most of her recruits were from Texas during her time at Baylor.
Flaujae and her mom said they wanted to play for Kim but felt like playing in Waco, TX would not be a great fit for her rapping career as well. Kim moving to LSU solidified everything given BR/LA is a much better fit for her music career as well. I believe Flaujae does a lot of music work around BR and often goes down to New Orleans for different projects. Of course thats addition to the many opportunities she does have nationally.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I forget where Kim said this, but she said that she can get recruits that she couldn't get while at Baylor, but there are some others that she can't get now because she's not at Baylor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I forget where Kim said this, but she said that she can get recruits that she couldn't get while at Baylor, but there are some others that she can't get now because she's not at Baylor.
Baylor like BYU and other religious institutions has a very strict and enforced personal conduct policy - based on their faith 'mission'. BYU specifically has been accused in the past of ignoring the rules until they want to get rid of a scholarship athlete, when suddenly they get expelled for conduct everyone knew was happening. Griner's tensions with Kim and Baylor reportedly were partly based on the picture painted to the recruit and the reality after she enrolled.

LSU would certainly be freer in terms of that.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That's weird considering Flaujae took an official visit to Texas (Austin).

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The issue wasn't moving to Texas but Waco is not exactly an ideal place to go to school while also trying to expand your music career in rapping...
FIFY (fixed it for you) :p

Reaction Score

The math ain’t mathing
Reaction Lol GIF by MOODMAN

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While not a portal announcement, Raoul also announced that Jelena Mitrovic will not return to Oregon State for a 5th year so that leaves the Beavs roster at 10. That is a bit of a shock to me that she isn't returning but maybe she just wants to get on with her life. What say any of our West coast brethren- @LoTrader @jonson or @nwhoopfan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom