2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 38 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lauren’s younger sister Sienna just visited ND this calendar year (forgot what game). Niele has got to look at her (she’s already recruited her). Wonder if she goes after both her and Prince?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
From Raoul's blog, here were Betts' finalists (text on page not copyable)
1680900175184.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Does anyone know her final list? And is this a shock or what?
Holy smokes. Not a name I was expecting to see. Per this article, her other finalists were Notre Dame, Oregon, UCLA, UCONN and South Carolina.

Back in summer of 2020, her final 9 was Arizona State, Baylor (when Kim was there), UCLA, UCONN, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina and Stanford

I could see her fitting in extremely well at Notre Dame, UCLA or UCONN. Dawn does a great job with bigs but she'd be behind Cardoso another year if playing time is part of the reason for leaving. Similar to LSU if she followed Kim there--I'm not sure I see her pairing well with Reese and they have a top 6-6 center coming in next year. Oregon would surprise me with their current mass exodus of players. Arizona State/Baylor have new coaches. Walz always needs players, so that's another option too. Probably the biggest name in the portal after Morrow, especially since she still had 3 more years. In the limited minutes I saw from Betts I thought she looked really good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know her final list? And is this a shock or what?
This is definitely a shocker, Stanford doesn't usually lose too may undergraduate players to transfer.

I'm sure Betts' phone is blowing up right now

Drag Race Thank You GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Reaction Score
LSU is desperate for talent… Kim is already in desperation mode taking in commits from 3 stars in 24. betts come on down

Reaction Score
Wherever she goes—you best bet her younger sister is going to that school too. ND needs a BIG compared to UCONN, SC, Arizona.
Can Niele make the Irish connection 4/4: Thompson, Dodson, Brown, and Betts?…. We shall see folks!! Just WOWZA.

Reaction Score
Holy smokes. Not a name I was expecting to see. Per this article, her other finalists were Notre Dame, Oregon, UCLA, UCONN and South Carolina.

Back in summer of 2020, her final 9 was Arizona State, Baylor (when Kim was there), UCLA, UCONN, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina and Stanford

I could see her fitting in extremely well at Notre Dame, UCLA or UCONN. Dawn does a great job with bigs but she'd be behind Cardoso another year if playing time is part of the reason for leaving. Oregon would surprise me with their current mass exodus of players.
I'm sure Niele and Geno are ALL over this one right now.

I can't see Betts fitting in at LSU, not with Reese there and Del Rosario coming on board. She already left a crowded front court situation in Palo Alto. If academics is still important to her, then I would think ND would be in the driver's seat right now or maybe even Duke :eek:

Reaction Score
No offense to the LSU fans or UConn fans but I have a hard time seeing a Stanford recruit making that transition academically. Of the schools on her list Notre Dame makes the most sense.

Or maybe NIL has changed everything to the point where it doesn’t matter any more.

Reaction Score
No offense to the LSU fans or UConn fans but I have a hard time seeing a Stanford recruit making that transition academically. Of the schools on her list Notre Dame makes the most sense.

Or maybe NIL has changed everything to the point where it doesn’t matter any more.
Stranger things have happened.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Didn't Rebecca Lobo chose UConn over Stanford ??

Reaction Score

Idk if she'd be on our radar. She's a sophomore. We'd have Del Rosario as a freshman... Sa',Myah Smith here too.

If we get a big. It'll most likely be a senior. Giving Del Rosario time to grow and adjust to college.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Last year Jana Van Gytenbeek left Stanford for Baylor (which is a similar school in terms of academic ranking to UCONN).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

If you’re talking academics UCLA as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This really surprises me. Yeah she didn't get to play much last season, but the Stanford front court would be a whole lot less crowded next year w/ Jones, Belibi and Prechtel all gone. I think she would've gotten plenty of playing time. Now it's just Brink and Iriafen. They went from too many bigs to not enough in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom