2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 39 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If academics is still important to her, then I would think ND would be in the driver's seat right now or maybe even Duke :eek:
I’m sorry but I almost snorted soda through my nose when I read this one. Maybe I’m jaded as a faculty member, but I just don’t see any difference between ND and UConn academically. Or Duke for that matter.

Don’t worry, I get it. Duke is a good school academically. My sister went there. But no chance any athlete at Duke or ND is allowed anywhere near that world class faculty. The AD has an army of assistants to prevent any such thing from happening. Ironically, UConn is much better at getting their athletes accès to the real education than most other schools.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Something I wonder about when a "good" player enters the portal. Does anyone else think that they already have their new school in mind? Obviously this would not include players with a Do Not Contact annotation.
By "good" I mean players that were rated high by Hoopgurlz coming out of HS (Betts) and/or became a good player in college (Morrow).

Reaction Score
FtJfMZ5XoAAqDEP

Reaction Score
Something I wonder about when a "good" player enters the portal. Does anyone else think that they already have their new school in mind? Obviously this would not include players with a Do Not Contact annotation.
By "good" I mean players that were rated high by Hoopgurlz coming out of HS (Betts) and/or became a good player in college (Morrow).

I believe most of the times they do.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Uuuummmm, not true at all. Volker sat out 2nd semester because she couldnt meet expectations in the engineering program at Duke. Players can take whatever classes they want. They just won't be passed along if they can't hack it!
I have no idea how this relates to my post. Sorry.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but I almost snorted soda through my nose when I read this one. Maybe I’m jaded as a faculty member, but I just don’t see any difference between ND and UConn academically. Or Duke for that matter.

Don’t worry, I get it. Duke is a good school academically. My sister went there. But no chance any athlete at Duke or ND is allowed anywhere near that world class faculty. The AD has an army of assistants to prevent any such thing from happening. Ironically, UConn is much better at getting their athletes accès to the real education than most other schools.
Uuuummmm, not true at all. Volker sat out 2nd semester because she couldnt meet expectations in the engineering program at Duke. Players can take whatever classes they want. They just won't be passed along if they can't hack it!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kendall Dudley #13 in 2024 just committed to UCLA. She joins her former Sidwell teammate Kiki Rice.

Reaction Score
Sounds like in the oregon state beavers message boards, they rallying to get Prince to their team, just to be bitter to their rivals.
Careful what you wish for... lol

Reaction Score
Such a rarity for Stanford to have players transfer out regardless of sport but now WBB has had three in two seasons . Quite unusual. Can't help but speculate something is brewing.

Reaction Score
Such a rarity for Stanford to have players transfer out regardless of sport but now WBB has had three in two seasons . Quite unusual. Can't help but speculate something is brewing.
Maybe they're sensing that Tara is close to retirement?

Reaction Score
Maybe they're sensing that Tara is close to retirement?
I'll agree that could be a possibility. Imagine the national replacement search should that happen or maybe Kate Paye is clandestinely next to be appointed but I'm absolutely not trying to stir up anything.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Don’t worry, I get it. Duke is a good school academically. My sister went there. But no chance any athlete at Duke or ND is allowed anywhere near that world class faculty. The AD has an army of assistants to prevent any such thing from happening. Ironically, UConn is much better at getting their athletes accès to the real education than most other schools

Hold it, are you inferring that the AD's from Duke and/or Notre Dame prevent their athletes from taking top-flight/tough courses? That the students are incapable of doing so? Or the AD's don't want them to fail?

If so, you couldn't be further from the truth, at least in the case of the school I know, Notre Dame. My son and daughter were both at Notre Dame over the course of 9 different years. Both were good students who took tough course loads and I can tell you that several ND women's basketball players took numerous of the same courses they did and excelled at them. During those years, I've also seen several other ND athletes win post-graduate study awards while completing difficult double majors.

This is supposed to be a neutral board, as @Huskeynan has posted. So, please don't go posting shade about other schools unless you've got detailed evidence. to prove it. Geesh. :mad:

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Do women's hoopsters at Stanford get NIL deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom