2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

C

Chief00

Chief is an interesting idiot. He’s obviously not followed UConn football recruiting long

To have 14 verbal commitments - without summer camps (which are basically tryout camps - and we have numerous good stories from previous years) - is astounding. Plus the Coronavirus. Edsall & staff had a good start at 10. We’ve rarely been at this number

Who knows how we’ve done on our board or how we ranked them. One thing - if you get a QB this early, you both wanted him & pursued. Good ones don’t last into your season. We had few guys who could have been higher

You are tone deaf when it comes to motivation with some humor. I made the comment on 7/19 after not getting a recruit in a month and 4 followed in 9 days. Do you really think I wanted Tyler to de-commit?

Reaction Score
You are tone deaf when it comes to motivation with some humor. I made the comment on 7/19 after not getting a recruit in a month and 4 followed in 9 days. Do you really think I wanted Tyler to de-commit?

Mmmm

You act like a know it all ... and you know scantily. Everyone with a touch of UCONN football recruiting insight would see this year has been solid. Numbers. Comparable offers. Roster targeting. Plus the 4 or without

More? Same ol Randy - we don’t get the inside

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
More? Same ol Randy - we don’t get the inside

There isn't one, Pudge. The juice isn't worth the squeeze my friend.

If those of us that actually know UConn Football keep this thread strictly to real posts and responses about 2021 recruits, the riff raff will get bored from lack of attention.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
For the uncommitted recruits - here's a survey of which Official University Scholarship offers they posted on twitter. This could be telling as to which schools are still pursing certain players and which players are still interested in certain schools. Most of these kids have many additional offers received over the course of recruiting to date. Below I just outline the actual official offers these recruits decided to share with the public. This is not a comprehensive list of all offers - although for some kids I have expanded a little about notable other interest.

• Orande Gasdsen II (WR 6'4'' - Dad had six year career with the Dolphins): UConn, USF, Syracuse, FIU (has offers from Cincy, Penn St and many others).
  • Ikenna Ugbaja (DL): UConn, Vanderbilt (Received offers from Wake, Colorado St and Villanova and interest from Michigan)
  • Ore Adeyi (DB): UConn, North Texas, Rice, Sam Houston (Boise State and K-State might be hunt here too).
  • Theodore Lockley (WR): UConn, Rutty, Eastern Carolina, Bowling Green, Toledo, WKU, FIU
  • Laron Davis (DL): UConn, Akron, Georgia State, Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee State (Davis tweeted yesterday that this recruitment is still 100% open).
  • Aaron Sessions (OL): UConn, Tulsa, Wyoming, Louisiana Monroe, Stephen F Austin
  • Caden Barnett (OL): UConn, Louisiana Monroe (had Colorado State and Wyoming offers, earlier this spring, not sure what happened)
  • Joe McFaddon (K): UConn (has plenty of other interest, guess other programs are slow to actually make an OO to kickers)
  • Isiah Cox (WR/DB): Tennessee State (has recent offers from Kansas and Arkansas along with UConn)
  • Sterling Berkhalter (WR): Alcorn State (has some recent interest from Tulane)
  • Marquis Brunson (DL): Posted a general thanks for all the official offers without sharing which were actually received. Received an offer from Minnesota on 7/21 which seems to be in the lead.
  • Al Ashford (CB): Hasn't posted any official offers yet (has alot of P5 interest)
  • Deshontez Gray (DL/TE): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Omarion Hammon (DL): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Josh Battle (S/LB): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Jalen Garner (LB): Hasn't posted any official offers yet. Did pick up K-State and UNC Charlotte offers in June.
  • David Seigel (OL): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Mathew Hummel (OL): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Drew Donley (WR): Hasn't posted any official offers yet. Did pick up offers from Ole Miss, Northwestern and Tulane offer in June.
  • Xavier Copening (QB/WR): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.
  • Louce Julian (DE): Hasn't posted any official offers yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because of COVID, Edsall has had to change his recruiting theories. He used to wait until they came to camp to offer kids. The staff had to be proactive and it's paying off. Considering how bad we've been the last decade, I am thrilled with the incoming class.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sterling Berkhalter nudging Randy below this evening. There is a second tweet doing the same directed at Corey and coach DCC. Pretty good sign of interest.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another school for Phillip “Trey” Dawson...

Interesting, so going from Kent CT to Great Barrington MA which is a scenic 30 or so miles north on US 7.

Reaction Score
Interesting, so going from Kent CT to Great Barrington MA which is a scenic 30 or so miles north on US 7.
He was headed to Palmetto Prep in South Carolina before this...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He was headed to Palmetto Prep in South Carolina before this...
Yes, but he was at Kent last year. And I looked it up, 38 miles from Kent to GB Mass.

Reaction Score
Strange timing but okay...

Alternate access link here but it cuts out some bells and whistles (twitter announcements and labeling)

I wonder why the author only cites 247sports? 247sports hasn't finished their grading of all commits this yer, whereas Rivals is more complete. Also per Rivals, the class of 2020 was rated 79th-much different than what 247sports cites.

C

Chief00

I know you old timers here won’t agree, but Randy’s got to upgrade his offer letters. Too many words and not enough graphics. Even smaller schools, have more memorable offer letters.

Reaction Score
I know you old timers here won’t agree, but Randy’s got to upgrade his offer letters. Too many words and not enough graphics. Even smaller schools, have more memorable offer letters.
Or we do like Nebraska and shell out 400 offers at once...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom