2021 Recruiting Thread

-
Davin Lemmons is a 5-10 150lb WR from Amarillo High School in Amarillo Texas. Offers from Tulsa and Incarnate World.
sounds like one of those undersized talents that would fit nicely in a Husky uniform (a WR version of Terry Caulley)

sounds like one of those undersized talents that would fit nicely in a Husky uniform (a WR version of Terry Caulley)
While I welcome any and all players who want to come to UConn and trust the staff, we already have a pair of smaller WRs in this class. Would love to see a big guy who could go up and get the ball.

Exit 4

This space for rent
While I welcome any and all players who want to come to UConn and trust the staff, we already have a pair of smaller WRs in this class. Would love to see a big guy who could go up and get the ball.
Thats my feeling as well. Got two WR committed and one more with a medium build might be close. Probably will look to try again to get that big catching radius target somewhere between now and 2/1/21 for that fourth slot - if we have room four four (we should, but it would likely require some early departures). Might have to wait until January to find it. Tall WRs with ability can be tough for us to reel in as the big programs seem to covet the same.

Otherwise, Lemmons has plenty of potential - I would't complain if that was the decision. Plenty of cut ability, looks like a guy that takes route craft seriously and has an extra gear. D1 corners are certainly going to challenge him getting off the line however.

At that size my guess is the kid can really run. We need speed on special teams desperately.

Remember when we had a LB crew of Lutrus, Lawrence, Sio Moore and Lloyd?

I don't know anything about Mr. Henderson, but if he wrestles at 195 he probably walks around at 210 and evidently he can run. Let's put 20 LBs of muscle on the kid and start building a LB unit...…...as opposed to whatever we've had the last several years...…...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Recently 247's Temple beat guy gave a nod to Kamara to Temple.

Also, looks like 247 is in the process of rolling out more grades. Maybe these have been there for a while and I am late to notice, but anyways some new grades viewed when you click on the player profile:

Henderson LB - 86 <--still predicted to be a Syracuse lock by Dohn.
Anthony WR - 83
Ashford DB/CR - 83
Boti DL - 82
Sessions 84

Of the dudes we are pursuing, I feel like we are closest on Anthony and perhaps Ugbaja. Both would be great gets however Ugbaja would represent a true step up pulling in someone with a big offer list like Michigan, Vandy, Syracuse and Wake.

Remember when we had a LB crew of Lutrus, Lawrence, Sio Moore and Lloyd?

I don't know anything about Mr. Henderson, but if he wrestles at 195 he probably walks around at 210 and evidently he can run. Let's put 20 LBs of muscle on the kid and start building a LB unit...…...as opposed to whatever we've had the last several years...…...
I still would love to see Christopher Johnson at LB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
I still would love to see Christopher Johnson at LB.
Me too... at his size, it seems like a no brainer...
The development of Johnson his senior season will be interesting. Seems like the staff is leaning TE, but yeah that could change based on the senior tape. Johnson's situation skill wise remains me a bit of Jackson Mitchell going into his senior season.

Well... maybe this helps in building a stronger relationship over @ Danbury High School (former UConn Safety Marvin Taylor)
I graduated from Danbury High and it baffles me that the biggest HS in the State doesn't pump out more talented football players year in and year out. I'm friendly with the Principal and it seems there is a slew of talented kids who simply don't want to play. Too much of a commitment and they have a lot of other things they'd rather spend their time on. Maybe Marvin can start to change that! Coach Tieri is a great guy and Marvin is a huge grab by him.

The development of Johnson his senior season will be interesting. Seems like the staff is leaning TE, but yeah that could change based on the senior tape. Johnson's situation skill wise remains me a bit of Jackson Mitchell going into his senior season.
rewatch his HUDL tape and tell me you don’t see Lawrence Wilson.

Deshontez Gray is a 6-4 220lb LB/DL/TE from Pelion High School in Pelion South Carolina. Other offers from Army, Air Force, Charlotte, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Navy, MTSU, WKU and Wofford.

Highlights

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
But I think many recruits will be making day trips to see these campuses this summer since travel loosened up a bit a few weeks ago and most campuses have reopened or will in July.

But I think many recruits will be making day trips to see these campuses this summer since travel loosened up a bit a few weeks ago and most campuses have reopened or will in July.
Sure... they can take a self-guided tour but cannot meet w/ athletic staff.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Sure... they can take a self-guided tour but cannot meet w/ athletic staff.
Obviously bud! No contact is no contact! But yeah guess you need to be crystal clear around here.

Obviously bud! No contact is no contact! But yeah guess you need to be crystal clear around here.
Guess my point was more that there are no guided tours in play right now and athletic buildings (Burton/Shenkman, Gampel, etc...) would be theoretically inaccessible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Guess my point was more that there are no guided tours in play right now and athletic buildings (Burton/Shenkman, Gampel, etc...) would be theoretically inaccessible.
Of course - but if I am committing to a school and have the summer off and have someone in my life that can take a day to do a car ride then we are doing it even if official tours are not offered. Not many will do it, but some will.

Of course - but if I am committing to a school and have the summer off and have someone in my life that can take a day to do a car ride then we are doing it even if official tours are not offered. Not many will do it, but some will.
The bigger question is do they scuttle the Early Signing Day in December if the Dead Period continues into the fall.