2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

C

Chief00

It's great RE listened to you because many Head Coaches believe they have all the answers.
It’s all about the end result not who gets the short term credit - the head coach always owns the long term credit or blame.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You realize "The Grind" has been a commonly used term in life and sports forever, right? And before that it was a popular dance show on MTV?

Please tell me you haven't tried to file a trademark.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Free 247 story on Jason Henderson - FB/LB prospect from PA. I think this is a kid we are working to get on campus. Wants to commit before his senior season.

Villanova: I was excited when I was offered and what stands out to me is the campus itself and the area around it.

Syracuse: I felt good about this offer because it was a stronger offer for me and I think the relationships I have built with some of the coaches stands out the best to me.

Temple: I was really very happy with their offer and what sticks out to me is their competition and school size.

UConn: I was happy with the offer because they are close and a good academic school and what sticks out is the money they put in their facilities.

James Madison: I was very pleased with this offer and what sticks out is how successful they are year in and year out.

Leader Johnson: Any virtual visits planned?
Jason Henderson: I have done a couple and plan to do more but I’m not sure exactly when.

Reaction Score
Orange Park Florida (outside Jacksonville) WR Terrance Anthony:

Mannnn.... If HC Edsall 2.0 can pull this off...... HUGE... It will clearly indicate we're turning a corner recruiting wise... Hopefully the fact that he has a home in that area of FL will show up and show out with this young man's decision.....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
247 doesn't even has us in the running for this young man's services
247 = the best and worst of college recruiting all in one site.

Reaction Score
UVA has three WR out of their 13 commits. Taking a 4th this early in the recruiting year may not happen. I like our chances against the other two schools.

One of his HS teammates is currently committed to Indiana. Something to keep in mind as well.

Reaction Score
247 = the best and worst of college recruiting all in one site.
Can they grade some if these kids already? They still haven't graded almost half of our signees, and T. Anthony doesn't have a grade yet either.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Can they grade some if these kids already? They still haven't graded almost half of our signees, and T. Anthony doesn't have a grade yet either.

Probably a stupid question but does everyone get a ranking/grade or does it start at some level of 2 stars these "experts" decide to assign to certain kids? Meaning, is it possible to go ungraded because these sites don't think you deserve one?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Probably a stupid question but does everyone get a ranking/grade or does it start at some level of 2 stars these "experts" decide to assign to certain kids? Meaning, is it possible to go ungraded because these sites don't think you deserve one?

Have you eaten yet?

>>247Sports Rating Explanations

Five-stars (98-110 rating): The top 32 players in the country to mirror the 32 first round picks in the NFL Draft. These are 32 players that we believe are the most likely to be drafted in the first round from each recruiting class. The full list of 32 with five-star ratings typically isn’t complete until the final ranking. Any player with a rating of more than 100 is considered a “franchise player” and one that does not come around in every recruiting class.

Four-stars (90-97 rating): These are players that we believe are the most likely to produce college careers that get them drafted. By National Signing Day, this number is typically in the range of 350 prospects, roughly the top 10 percent of prospects in a given class.

Three-stars (80-89 rating): This is where the bulk of college football prospects are found and it incorporates a large range of ability levels, all of whom we consider as possible NFL players long term.

A high three-star (87-89): is considered a player with significant NFL upside who expect to be an impact college football player.

A mid three-star (84-86): is a player that we consider to be a capable starter for a Power Five football team and an impact player at the Group of Five level.

A low three-star (80-83): is a player that we consider to be a potential contributor at a Power Five program but a probable Group of Five starter with impact potential.

Two-stars (70-79 rating): These are prospects that we consider to be FBS-level players with very limited NFL potential.<<

>>What does the numerical Rivals Rating (RR) mean?

6.1 = Five-star prospect
6.0-5.8 = Four-star prospect
5.7-5.5 = Three-star prospect
5.2-5.4 = Two-star prospect

6.1 Franchise Player: considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 30-35 players overall, a potential first-team All American candidate and a player deemed to have first round NFL potential.

6.0-5.8 All American Candidate: considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential

5.7-5.5 All Region Selection: considered among the region’s top prospects and generally among the nation’s top 800-850 prospects overall, a potential All-Conference candidate and a player deemed to have mid to low-end pro potential and ability to impact at the college level.

5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

*At the end of National Signing Day, any prospect that signs with an FBS program, and we have not evaluated, will be assigned a 5.2 Rivals Rating (RR).<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Have you eaten yet?

I just got off a 19 person Zoom happy hour for my parent's 55th that started at 4:30. To answer your question, I don't remember.

I'm signing off for the night

C

Chief00

This year, due to circumstances you throw all the old ways out the window.

Reaction Score
#14 Tyler Needham (OL/DL) - William Penn Charter School, Philadelphia PA

Committed to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
20200614_115948.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members