2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Tyler P giving all the UConn twitter activity likes today... always a good thing.

Something I noticed - Tyler P is listed as 6’0” on Rivals but 5’10” on 247. Rivals hasn’t graded him but his 247 rating may get a bump when his height is updated, since their ranking system is primarily driven by NFL projectability

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Something I noticed - Tyler P is listed as 6’0” on Rivals but 5’10” on 247. Rivals hasn’t graded him but his 247 rating may get a bump when his height is updated, since their ranking system is primarily driven by NFL projectability
Yep and I expect Tyler to get an initial grade this summer and a bump up after the senior season.

Reaction Score
About 125 offers out with about 40 kids committed to other schools, mostly P5. 5 commits to UConn and about 80 still open. Seems like a good sign that of 125 kids HCRE2.0 determined were "offer" worthy at this time he has gotten 5 to commit already. Not saying all 125 are equally "good" but that to be anywhere on the top 125 for UConn this early in the recruiting game, they are all kids UConn really wants (no BCU type uncomittable offers).
Being a top 100 team in FBS only requires that UConn be middle of the pack G5, getting some of top 125 recruiting candidates is a good sign, don't care what rating services say about any individual player, at this stage in 2021 recruiting having anyone on the UConn offer list who would not be good for the team is unlikely. I'm hardly a fan of HCRE2.0, this looks to me to be a very good start to 2021 recruiting.

Reaction Score
The schedule seemed to definitely help us! Kids want to play against Clemson and Perdue .. Tulsa and ECU just weren’t cuttin it for the kids to want to commit here. Edsalls and team are doing a good job during this virus with no visits in person.
Hopefully we play our full season!

Reaction Score
About 125 offers out with about 40 kids committed to other schools, mostly P5. 5 commits to UConn and about 80 still open. Seems like a good sign that of 125 kids HCRE2.0 determined were "offer" worthy at this time he has gotten 5 to commit already. Not saying all 125 are equally "good" but that to be anywhere on the top 125 for UConn this early in the recruiting game, they are all kids UConn really wants (no BCU type uncomittable offers).
Being a top 100 team in FBS only requires that UConn be middle of the pack G5, getting some of top 125 recruiting candidates is a good sign, don't care what rating services say about any individual player, at this stage in 2021 recruiting having anyone on the UConn offer list who would not be good for the team is unlikely. I'm hardly a fan of HCRE2.0, this looks to me to be a very good start to 2021 recruiting.
Ok, who are you really? And what have you done to 68?

Reaction Score
Obviously could mean nothing, but after some light analysis looks like Langston Hardy has been giving Randy and the boys some love on Twitter.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
LB Skylar Martin is teasing us all by giving likes to UConn, UMass, JMU and fans from other schools asking for a clue about tomorrow. I think he would be an excellent addition - but the tea leaves suggest he’s going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
LB Skylar Martin is teasing us all by giving likes to UConn, UMass, JMU and fans from other schools asking for a clue about tomorrow. I think he would be an excellent addition - but the tea leaves suggest he’s going elsewhere.

Agreed.. I think it's out of Vandy, Buffalo, JMU, and then us (we're at the bottom of the 4)... Love his tape. The move him around a lot on D... Put him in blitz packages at either strong or weak side or up the middle... That kind of ability on D is what we need.

Reaction Score
Martin committed to JMU. He did say it was between them, UConn and Vandy though - for what it is worth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom