2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
There are a lot of coaches who are thanking these big time programs for firing coaches early. These contracts and their lengths and money are insane. I doubt we see this if schools like UF or LSU open up during the season or early in it. This is nuts.

Reaction Score
Nice! I like seeing coaches stick it out with their team instead of taking the money. Hes recruiting well, his team is/has performing at a high level since he’s been there, and they be in the Big 12, so why leave. Good for Fickell.
He's got a good gig right now. Cincy is investing in him and his staff and will only get more support once the Big12 check clears.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I give him credit as he's just waiting for the right opportunity.
Or he views Cincy as his right opportunity. They are going to get P5 money. If they can afford it now, I won't be surprised to see them offer him one of these 10 year deals. Sometimes jumping up to these high pressure jobs aren't all they are cracked up to be. If he's having success at Cincy and they are now in a better conference, he might just be happy to stay where he is. I really believe that not every coach is looking to move to the top. Most are, but I think a lot are ok with where they are when it comes to P5 jobs

Reaction Score

That's kind of a head scratching contract for someone whose career record as a college head coach is now 16 - 14.

Can anyone shed some light on why Michigan State went so over the top here? I know he's had a good year but this seems nuts. They are paying him like he just won a second National Championship.

He lost to Purdue, barely beat Nebraska, he is currently in 3rd place in his division and then this...

Maybe his agent is Don Corleone?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's kind of a head scratching contract for someone whose career record as a college head coach is now 16 - 14.

Can anyone shed some light on why Michigan State went so over the top here? I know he's had a good year but this seems nuts. They are paying him like he just won a second National Championship.

He lost to Purdue, barely beat Nebraska, he is currently in 3rd place in his division and then this...

Maybe his agent is Don Corleone?
Too many good top level P5 jobs where they will pay for a guy like that coming online.

Reaction Score
Too many good top level P5 jobs where they will pay for a guy like that coming online.
What is even more unbelievable to me is that he can still receive lucrative bonuses along with the $9.5M a year.

Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe, tge fact that he beat Michigan has something to do with it. Plus his team isn't too bad either. Its a legit P5 program that pays well. He's potentially in line for bigger opportunities so why not keep him? Besides, we all know if it doesn't work out, there's a buyout clause built in, so there's absolutely no guarantee that he sees all of that $$$.

Reaction Score

Tucker had an amazing run this year and he was getting a lot of interest. Michigan State wanted to lock him in. Good coaches aren’t easy to come by.

Reaction Score
Tucker had an amazing run this year and he was getting a lot of interest. Michigan State wanted to lock him in. Good coaches aren’t easy to come by.

He's had a very good year, I don't know if I would call it amazing. He was just blown out by OSU. Even Randy Edsall had a couple 9 win seasons. Good for Mel Tucker but Michigan State probably had every winning coach in the country calling their agent last night.

Reaction Score
I think we’re seeing coaches at the non elite schools -Baylor. Cinci Liberty realizing they can get a whole bunch of coin and have a longer run than going to a Texas or Florida and getting canned in a few years.

Reaction Score
I like Skip, but it's LOL funny, his agent floated his name as an option for the UConn job.

I do like him as a HC, but he seems older than 57, perhaps a little shop worn.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I think we’re seeing coaches at the non elite schools -Baylor. Cinci Liberty realizing they can get a whole bunch of coin and have a longer run than going to a Texas or Florida and getting canned in a few years.
The quality of life debate, a lot of money and less pressure.

Reaction Score
Part of the reason why i thought it was stupid for Randy to leave for Maryland when he did. His mediocrity would have played well here for years, but anywhere else it was going to be scoffed at. Of course UConn bailed him out by hiring him for a pre retirement gig so he laughs all the way to the bank. Literally did zero to leave this program in a better place than he got here the 2nd time around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom