2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score

-> "This is the right time for me to evaluate a new start in my career," said Holtz. "I've had the privilege of mentoring young people and building football programs for more than 30 years, including the last nine as head coach of Louisiana Tech. The past two seasons have brought additional challenges to our program, and I simply think it is time for someone else to have the chance to lead this special group of young men.

"I am not done coaching football and have great passion and energy to continue to lead young men through this game that I love so much. It is just time for me to channel my energies elsewhere. <-

Reaction Score
I like Skip, but it's LOL funny, his agent floated his name as an option for the UConn job.

I do like him as a HC, but he seems older than 57, perhaps a little shop worn.
Holtz does it beat work when he's not at a school with high expectations ie south Florida at the time.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What’s open?

• USC
  • Florida
  • LSU
  • Wash St
  • Va Tech
  • Wash

• FIU
  • La tech
  • Akron
  • Troy
Moorhead will probably get one
Maybe Kiffin Stoops
Someone will scoop up Mullen
Tom Herman still out there from last year

Reaction Score
Clawson is smart to stay at Wake and do his best effort there. Trying to CPR once bluebloods who have coded is a losing game.
Wake is the perfect fit for him. His strengths fit an institution where 1) expectations are not national championship or bust, 2) they have the smallest enrollment in the P5, 3) there are lots of alumni with deep pockets, and 4) its a nice place to live. Not surprised he was able to leverage his recent success into this long term contract. Its a win win.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
in my college football watching lifetime ... USC had the Pete Carroll era. And mostly sucked both before and after. YES really. When I was AT UCLA ... they had Larry Smith and then after PC, Lane Kiffin, Sarkisian, Helton etc etc

They just do not have GIANT status. IN Orange County, CA ... but realistically, the record isn't there. And Texas? rare even beyond. Vince Young. And what?

I think the measuring of success has changed when we went to. 4 team playoff. Even when we had the BCS games the rules of success changes and when we change the playoff system again expectations will change again. Right or wrong not top 4 means failure.

Reaction Score

-> Doug Martin is not expected to return as New Mexico State's head coach and Jerry Kill is the school's top target to replace him, sources told FootballScoop on Tuesday.

New Mexico State's athletics department is led by Mario Moccia, who previously served as Southern Illinois' AD while Kill was the head coach.

Kill would be expected to bring Tim Beck, the former Pittsburg State head coach and a current TCU offensive analyst, along as his offensive coordinator. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom