2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ed O said thanks but no thanks to hanging around for a bowl game. He's packing up and heading to Destin.

Reaction Score
a priori

Would you look at Joe Moorhead, Kirby Smart, Shane Beamer, Musgrove, Josh Heupel, Sam Pittman or others ... and think one would rise above the others or not?

You are right, That conferences eats the heart out of guys with great resumes and success elsewhere. I think it is the ultimare octagon.

Reaction Score
a priori

Would you look at Joe Moorhead, Kirby Smart, Shane Beamer, Musgrove, Josh Heupel, Sam Pittman or others ... and think one would rise above the others or not?

You are right, That conferences eats the heart out of guys with great resumes and success elsewhere. I think it is the ultimare octagon.
Kirby Smart is the outlier and what everyone hopes they are hiring. Most teams end up with Will Muschamp. I said this before Florida is running the risk of becoming Texas. Paying big buyouts on top of huge salary to their HC because they're too inpatient. I think Mullen like Herman should have gotten another year. Their records seemed to warrant it.

Reaction Score
USC is the top program in PAC 12, Oklahoma was the top dog in the Big 12, and Oklahoma is about to become a middle of the pack SEC program. No brainer move by Riley.

Reaction Score
Wow. Cashout before the upcoming SEC gauntlet I guess. I think its a smart move tbh.
I dunno it's also cashout before your university athletic budget becomes higher than the GDP of most countries. Cuts both ways.
But yes easier to be successful at SC given the current state of the PAC, and to make the CFP.

Reaction Score
I dunno it's also cashout before your university athletic budget becomes higher than the GDP of most countries. Cuts both ways.
But yes easier to be successful at SC given the current state of the PAC, and to make the CFP.
LSU got rid of O two years after winning the national title. I understand there were other factors there, but those other factors would have remained in the dark if he was winning at the acceptable level. The SEC has unrealistic expectations and Oklahoma was not going to run through that league like they did the Big12.

Reaction Score
USC can be a Top Program in the Pac12

So could Washington, Oregon, UCLA ... and maybe Utah or Stanford.

There's nothing structural about USC that makes it comparatively beyond the others. I dunno what is going on with Chip Kelly - and I have watched a half dozen games (one in person as a alum). But there is nothing in my mind that automatically gets you back to the Platform that Pete Carroll had. Lincoln Riley has to be special to chin his way beyond, I don't think we have seen the best of Cristobal.

Reaction Score
USC can be a Top Program in the Pac12

So could Washington, Oregon, UCLA ... and maybe Utah or Stanford.

There's nothing structural about USC that makes it comparatively beyond the others. I dunno what is going on with Chip Kelly - and I have watched a half dozen games (one in person as a alum). But there is nothing in my mind that automatically gets you back to the Platform that Pete Carroll had. Lincoln Riley has to be special to chin his way beyond, I don't think we have seen the best of Cristobal.
Riley has proven to be a superior offensive coach. I think he will crush it at USC.

Reaction Score
There's nothing structural about USC that makes it comparatively beyond the others. I

You mean other than being located in the 2nd or 3rd best HSFB region and having a long tradition of CFB success and national titles.

That's a whole lotta nothin.

Reaction Score
Does Caleb Williams follow Riley to SC?
Or return east to Clemson or Ohio St perhaps

Reaction Score
Great coach. Just looks worn out from the grind. He's almost 70.
He was a great fit for them. He was always a good offensive mind, and he rolled out some competitive teams there. He was probably as good as they could have had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom