2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
USC is the boss of the West Coast. They’ve had a down period but their history resources and being in LA make them king

Riley most likely already has 3 five star recruits (QB, RB, WR all from CA and committed to OU) following him to USC

He’s going to have that program back in the National Championship picture year in and year out without having to deal with the grueling SEC schedule

Riley - no doubt - is a game changer. But I don't agree on USC as King. Not in most of my lifetime; and I did go to USC-UCLA for like 9 years in a row. Can USC get kids that UCLA admissions won't allow? yes. Let's not extrapolate a Pete Carroll swan song into a 40 year thing. Most of the period from 1982 to today, USC has had trash coaches and sketchy transitions. They haven't been good at choosing directions. Carroll - for instance - was pure guesswork by Mike Garrett. Can that be repeated? absolutely by the right guy.

Reaction Score
Some get off… some get on:

Carey was a really oddball hire. then again ... Geoff Collins was too.

I think Temple (like UCONN) is a risky Program structure. YOU can get great kids from greater Philly and then NJ with the right recruiting assistants - Golden & Addazio & Rhuhle all got amazing classes. Combined with southern speed. But it is a finetuned situation. It can quickly fray at the edges ... and collapse.

Reaction Score
Pipe dream for him to ever come here huh?
I was all about having him come here. He still would have been a huge get as a HC, but I couldn't even imagine we'd get someone as good as Mora.

Reaction Score

The connect-the-dots:
  • Texas RB coach/run game coordinator Stan Drayton.
  • Texas A&M DL coach Elijah Robinson,
  • Ole Miss co-defensive coordinator Chris Partridge,
  • Rutgers secondary coach Fran Brown
  • Michigan RB coach Mike Hart
  • Princeton’s Bob Surace
  • Former Florida coach Dan Mullen

Reaction Score
always amazed how great WVU looked against us under Rodriquez. Then just pffft at Michigan and Arizona
Had it rolling at WVU and went looking fir greener grass. One of the bigger mistakes made I've seen a coach make. Right up there with coach Dream Job, but hey they got their money and to some that's more important.

Reaction Score

The connect-the-dots:
  • Texas RB coach/run game coordinator Stan Drayton.
  • Texas A&M DL coach Elijah Robinson,
  • Ole Miss co-defensive coordinator Chris Partridge,
  • Rutgers secondary coach Fran Brown
  • Michigan RB coach Mike Hart
  • Princeton’s Bob Surace
  • Former Florida coach Dan Mullen

Dan Mullen? Would he really go there?

Reaction Score
Had it rolling at WVU and went looking fir greener grass. One of the bigger mistakes made I've seen a coach make. Right up there with coach Dream Job, but hey they got their money and to some that's more important.

You would have to say he was absolutely a POOR cultural fit at Michigan. But then ... his offense & overall conceptual design for a Team is in question after two big fizzles. Just Jacksonville State - which was mediocre for them this year (in spite of beating Florida State) - is gonna be tested: we saw Middle Tennessee; and Western Kentucky on tv the other night; Liberty is rising; then Louisiana Tech is a serious program. So ... this is a big challenge. And I think they start CUSA the next summer 2023. He will be interesting to watch; a few years at ULM gave him the lay of the land.

Reaction Score
Dan Mullen? Would he really go there?

The last guy fired McElwain is at Central Michigan. Kinda give you the opportunity set - he isn't easily a fit anywhere in the SEC. Maybe lower level ACC. The AAC has been an up&comer league with good hits by guys who were coordinators or lower levels. You are gonna get paid twice as much at Temple than CMU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom