2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
Some Clemson folks are on twitter mighty nervous that Dabo & Veneables are going to OU. Seems a bit crazy to me. Dabo is set at Clemson and if he ever wanted to move, he could go to the alma mater when Saban retires in a few years.

Maybe he wants to skip town before Clemsoning becomes a thing again.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Some Clemson folks are on twitter mighty nervous that Dabo & Veneables are going to OU. Seems a bit crazy to me. Dabo is set at Clemson and if he ever wanted to move, he could go to the alma mater when Saban retires in a few years.
Wonder if their AD moving to Miami has anything to do with this....or if the AD possibly leaving would cause Dabo to leave....

Man this whole thing is insane. We've gone from coaches getting insane contracts to now having schools poaching high level ADs??? Wonder if that has a trickle down effect.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He wants to coach in the Best Conference and the SEC is clearly that
There's a solution for that. Have Clemson pursue joining the SEC and open a spot for us in the ACC. They can keep Dabo and we get what we have should have gotten years ago. Sounds like a great plan to me! :D

Reaction Score
Wonder if their AD moving to Miami has anything to do with this....or if the AD possibly leaving would cause Dabo to leave....

Man this whole thing is insane. We've gone from coaches getting insane contracts to now having schools poaching high level ADs??? Wonder if that has a trickle down effect.

1. Embrace the chaos
2. Get some kids on the portal that we have no business getting
3. Profit

Reaction Score

This Doyel is a generational blemish on sportswriting. He looks for a seemly angle always ... and with UCONN out of the Notre Dame wake - seems like Butler ain't important enough - WE never see his columns. Calhoun and the UCONN success bugged the crap out of him; which led to many many unfounded digs. He's best left in the shadows.

READ a little of his column: he actually thought he should have the power - from his Indy newspaper (in the age that papers have less influence) that he could fire Kelly

Reaction Score
Utah 38 - Oregon 10

Good for Akron - Joe will do a great job rebuilding that program.

We? I just cannot get excited about the MAC. And thinking Kent State versus Northern Illinois today. That just isn't a great fit for anyone in the northeast as a Conference. I don't know how long we are gonna be an independent ... but I prize regional games. Coaching hires this season have continued to surprise.

Reaction Score
Former UConn DC Billy Crocker:

Happy for him. With the portal stuff going on, he could potentially have a ton of success in year 1. Build a foundation early. I pray he does great things there.

Reaction Score
Private university with a ton of baller donors they will find a way
They've always had the cash, Shalala and Blake James just preferred to be cheap and not really place a priority on winning. Things have started to change a bit as they did get a fantastic indoor football facility built (really thanks to Mark Richt) and they are making a lot of noise about dumping a lot more money into things now. If the new AD ends up being the guy from Clemson then maybe it means they are serious. As for Cristobol, there is a big connection with BOT members who are Columbus High School people. That's a big thing for those people.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
X & O wise he certainly leaves a lot to be desired, but the way he can recruit makes up for a lot of that because at the end of the day, talent matters. Now does he warrant $10m? No, but I’m not sure any coach does.
I don't get it. He loses to a bad Stanford team and gets killed by Utah twice. I know he is a great recruiter....but is it that hard to recruit at Oregon? Chip Kelly is known to be an average recruiter and he had great teams up there.

I am surprised Oregon thinks he should be paid like a top 10 coach. And I am surprised Miami wants him so bad.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. He loses to a bad Stanford team and gets killed by Utah twice. I know he is a great recruiter....but is it that hard to recruit at Oregon? Chip Kelly is known to be an average recruiter and he had great teams up there.

I am surprised Oregon thinks he should be paid like a top 10 coach. And I am surprised Miami wants him so bad.

When Chip Kelly was winning it was largely driven by an offense that was “new” to college football. Now for the most part everyone runs some variation of a spread which to me is largely why he has not had as much success at UCLA.

IMO, the two Utah losses are for more upsetting than the Stanford loss as that required some help from the referees late for Stanford to even pull off the comeback.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
When Chip Kelly was winning it was largely driven by an offense that was “new” to college football. Now for the most part everyone runs some variation of a spread which to me is largely why he has not had as much success at UCLA.

IMO, the two Utah losses are for more upsetting than the Stanford loss as that required some help from the referees late for Stanford to even pull off the comeback.
I guess my point was Kelly was able to attract top talent at Oregon...it wasn't just his offense that made him successful.

Even weirder is Miami is courting him and they still have Diaz...lol.

Reaction Score
I guess my point was Kelly was able to attract top talent at Oregon...it wasn't just his offense that made him successful.

Even weirder is Miami is courting him and they still have Diaz...lol.
Based on recruiting class rankings, Cristobal is recruiting to a higher level at Oregon than Chip Kelly did.

Reaction Score
25 jobs and the carousel hasn't started slowing down. 8 still open and bound to create a few more spots.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Based on recruiting class rankings, Cristobal is recruiting to a higher level at Oregon than Chip Kelly did.
And yet Kelly had more success...so why is Cristobal in demand?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom