2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
I can't post the article, but Raoul posted that Stringer has not been with the team since April due to Covid concerns.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I can't post the article, but Raoul posted that Stringer has not been with the team since April due to Covid concerns.
I read the article. It isn't otherwise very definitive, it says she's apparently using accumulated sick leave and is fearful of contracting something because of her special needs daughter, but this is without any "direct" quotes.

There is no indication of when she will be returning, Rutgers says it could be anytime. While I fully understand both her privacy and Covid concerns (remember, my behavior is moderated by having an immunosuppressed wife) it is disconcerting to hear she has been "out" since April.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
She was a solid role player last year. Wonder how this impacts their depth behind Czinano (sic?).

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Very sad for Sharon. Her stats won't jump off the page but she is a very physically strong player who developed really nicely last season and even offered a better defensive presence than Czinano at times. Played some important minutes each half to keep Czinano fresh on offense.

Reaction Score
Tough break for the Bruins--I was very impressed by her play last year as a freshman.
Big opportunity for the Oregon transfer Dugalic and the aussie newcomer Anstey (why is she listed as a sophomore on the 21-22 roster?)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tough break for the Bruins--I was very impressed by her play last year as a freshman.
Big opportunity for the Oregon transfer Dugalic and the aussie newcomer Anstey (why is she listed as a sophomore on the 21-22 roster?)
Bad news. I enjoyed watching her play last year. Bruins didn't have much depth in the post last year. Thought that wouldn't be the case this year but that doesn't help.

Reaction Score
Bad news. I enjoyed watching her play last year. Bruins didn't have much depth in the post last year. Thought that wouldn't be the case this year but that doesn't help.

Adding Izzy Anstey and Angela Dugalic is a big help. IImar'I Thomas may not be typical height of a post player but she is strong and can score inside. Kayla Owens opted out last year but she is back and even though she is a guard, she is big at 6'1 and athletic and could play some forward in a pinch. depth wise UCLA has a lot more options this year than last year. Brynn Masikewich also was out last year and she is back, 6'3 forward.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My heart breaks for Nikki. An absolutely wonderful human being. She had breast cancer right after her son was born. Praying for her and her family.

Reaction Score
I read the article. It isn't otherwise very definitive, it says she's apparently using accumulated sick leave and is fearful of contracting something because of her special needs daughter, but this is without any "direct" quotes.

There is no indication of when she will be returning, Rutgers says it could be anytime. While I fully understand both her privacy and Covid concerns (remember, my behavior is moderated by having an immunosuppressed wife) it is disconcerting to hear she has been "out" since April.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger