2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I smell bull manure... the ACC grant in rights is in place until 2036 and would cost them hundreds of millions of dollars to get out of. Clemson and FSU don't add anything to the SEC in terms of adding more money.
Never too early to start lining up ducks. They probably want to see if they can be next in line.

Not saying the SEC would take 'em, or that they'd be leaving right away even if they could finagle an invite, but it hardly defies belief that they may have "reached out".

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Would be a terrible move athletically for Clemson. And I’m not saying this as a Gamecock fan.

Does the extra few million justify increasing your schedule difficulty to this extent. Clemson is currently the king of the ACC. Nobody in that league stands in their way to the playoff year after year. That would NOT be the case in the SEC..

Alabama, Florida, UGA, Auburn, LSU, A&M.. and now Oklahoma? Thats a far cry from UNC, FSU, Boston College and Syracuse…

And if we’re being honest, Clemson would be favored in most of their games versus SEC opponents, but playing SEC opponents once or twice a year is not the same as playing SEC opponents week after week, that’s where the difference wears on you and how you end being the #5 team in the country and losing to an Ole Miss or Kentucky. This league is no game in football.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Never too early to start lining up ducks. They probably want to see if they can be next in line.

Not saying the SEC would take 'em, or that they'd be leaving right away even if they could finagle an invite, but it hardly defies belief that they may have "reached out".

Was listening to local sports radio and they were talking about this rumor. Clemson and FSU would both have to pay roughly 450 million dollars EACH to leave for the SEC.

Reaction Score

With their streaming/viewing numbers Oklahoma and Texas were no brainers to add. It doesn’t appear Clemson and Florida State carry anywhere near the same weight. Obviously adding two, if anymore were added, seems to be the trend to keep an even number of schools. Notre Dame would make the most sense from a viewers perspective. However I’ve consistently heard the SEC would like to add a school from North Carolina and Virginia.

Reaction Score
Really tough game for you guys.

Maryland will play Miami at home.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really tough game for you guys.

Maryland will play Miami at home.

It should have been Ga Tech at Maryland. Maryland is due a home game and Ga Tech was going on the road.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its not often that a Big South school gets to host a P5 member, but for the first time in 30 years... BIg South Power Charleston Southern gets to host the up and coming Blue Devils from Duke. Gonna be a tough matchup for us..... right before Christmas break, and a possible sold out crowd at the Buc Dome.

Since a certain un-named school from South Carolina (hint: they have a bird mascot) didn't step up to the plate.... good to see at least one team from SC with the guts to play us in the non-conference portion of the schedule.

Charleston Southern announces women’s basketball series with Duke

From the article.

"We have the distinct privilege of hosting Duke University Women's Basketball in the Buc Dome this year," Charleston Southern head coach Clarisse Garcia said. "I am grateful to Coach Kara Lawson and her staff, who agreed to a home-and home-series, which will provide great preparation for both of our programs. For our non-conference schedule, we added challenging opponents to help us prepare for the competition we will face in the Big South. Because hosting Duke is a unique opportunity, we need the Buc Dome packed out to create an electric environment for this epic contest in Charleston!"

Reaction Score
Rumor (not officially confirmed that I can find) is that Oregon WBB will stop in Chicago for a game with Northwestern on the way to the Bahamas tournament.

Reaction Score
Since a certain un-named school from South Carolina (hint: they have a bird mascot) didn't step up to the plate.... good to see at least one team from SC with the guts to play us in the non-conference portion of the schedule.
Maybe Dawn and Kara will put things together on the flight home, if they haven’t already. When SC releases they’re non-conf, I’m expecting to see Duke on it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe Dawn and Kara will put things together on the flight home, if they haven’t already. When SC releases they’re non-conf, I’m expecting to see Duke on it.

hm.gif

Reaction Score
Rumor (not officially confirmed that I can find) is that Oregon WBB will stop in Chicago for a game with Northwestern on the way to the Bahamas tournament.
It’s true that Oregon is scheduled to play at Northwestern, but it is scheduled for Dec. 21, well after their trip to the Bahamas. This is straight from Kelly Graves.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cal Baptist announces schedule. Games vs Oregon State and TCU are on the schedule.
PG Ane Olaeta returns for her 5th season. Olaeta led D1 in assists last year. Last season of not being eligible for NCAA tournament after transition from lower level.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC-Wilmington announces their non-conference slate.... Highlighted by three early road games vs powerhouse teams. Back to back trips to Cameron Indoor and whatever they call that arena up in College Park MD :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
The tournaments feel more lit this year than years past. No Notre Dame vs Michigan though makes me sad.
The field isn't too bad. Michigan is going to be a top 12 team this season with Naz Hillman. Georgia probably will be good again.

Reaction Score
I’d probably say that Georgia should handle Marquette and Notre Dame fairly comfortably. Georgia is a solid Top 10-15 team this year.

Oregon State is really an interesting team, as they have some good pieces, but just never really seemed to jell last year.

I’d say Michigan, Dayton, Middle Tennessee, and Georgia should all go unbeaten here.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
just never really seemed to jell last year.
Sure they did, after they added von Oelhoffen in late January. They started out awful. By the end of the year, they were drastically improved. Absolutely couldn't hang w/ Stanford (or South Carolina), but otherwise were beating all comers in conference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NCA&T (My Aggies) non-conference schedule. Pretty good schedule for an HBCU.

I won't say anything about that Nov 29th game.... not yet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom