2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
In addition to playing Stanford and NC State in the Baha Mar Hoops tournament, Maryland has agreed to a home and home with Baylor. The game this season will be in College Park.

Reaction Score
Stanford is supposedly playing South Carolina, Indiana, Maryland, Gonzaga, South Florida, Tennessee and the PAC-12 gauntlet this season. I’d note that Stanford is the only team playing three games in three days in the Bahamas with Maryland coming on the tail end. Definitely will be a test of the depth that Stanford has.

Reaction Score
E7j-U5aXIAk1Sej

2 ncaa tournament teams in nonconference

Reaction Score
I know this is a "non-UCONN" board/thread, and this is UConn news, but ... I mentioning it because it's also about Arkansas. The return Arkansas v UConn game will happen in November in Storrs or Hartford (TBD).

I firmly expect the home team to win handily.

Reaction Score
Pathetic schedule. Exactly like Mulkey's.. so nothing has changed.
It’s Year 1. If there are contracts in place—there’s little Collen can do to change the schedule. I’d also say that a new coach needs time to implement their system before adjusting their schedule. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
E7j-U5aXIAk1Sej

2 ncaa tournament teams in nonconference
Baylor vs. Maryland is a very intriguing matchup, between two coaches who have frequently taken criticism for their cupcake-rich OOC scheduling. I've been wanting to see these teams play each other for quite a few years.

Baylor at Michigan could be a tough game as well. Michigan returns 8 of their top 10 scorers and minutes-getters from last year's Sweet 16 team, including Hillmon, L. Brown, and Dilk.

Reaction Score
Baylor vs. Maryland
I’m excited about this one, scheduling aside, some great players on both squads should make for a fun OOC matchup

I’m ready for Brendas pregame speech already

Reaction Score
I’d also say that Arizona State will be tough as nails with a year of experience under what was an incredibly young team last year. ASU has given Baylor trouble in the past.

Reaction Score
I’d also say that Arizona State will be tough as nails with a year of experience under what was an incredibly young team last year. ASU has given Baylor trouble in the past.
As was demonstrated in last year's NCAA Tournament, as well as prior NCAA Tournaments, the PAC is back.

Reaction Score
It’s Year 1. If there are contracts in place—there’s little Collen can do to change the schedule. I’d also say that a new coach needs time to implement their system before adjusting their schedule. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge.
I didnt take that into account. I guess Kim "threw her a bone." Still extremely pathetic on Kim's part for probably being the reason for a majority of this crap schedule. Like geeze, you have a first team AA on your team. How was she recruiting so many good players that ate cupcakes for 80% of the season for so many years?

Nikki Collen, if she took over any other top program her first season would have been much tougher. I hope once she gets her footing that she schedules better. I am so excited to see Mulkey get her backside handed to her in the SEC. You cant escape that.

Reaction Score
Maryland release their OOC schedule. The ACC/Big 10 games hasn't been announced. If it's Louisville, they will possibly have 5 top 10 teams in their OOC. So much ends the theory that Maryland schedules cupcakes. Also, Indiana, Iowa and Michigan could be top 10 teams as well.

November 9, 2021 (Tuesday) 11:00 AM Home Longwood College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 12, 2021 (Friday) Home Villanova College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 14, 2021 (Sunday) Away James Madison Harrisonburg, VA
November 16, 2021 (Tuesday) Home Mount St. Mary's College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 18, 2021 (Thursday) Home UNC Wilmington College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 21, 2021 (Sunday) Home Baylor College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 25, 2021 (Thursday) NC State Nassau, The Bahamas Baha Mar Convention Center Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship
November 27, 2021 (Saturday) Stanford Nassau, The Bahamas Baha Mar Convention Center Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship
December 13, 2021 (Monday) Away South Carolina Columbia, SC
December 21, 2021 (Tuesday) Away Coppin State Baltimore, MD

Reaction Score
Maryland release their OOC schedule. The ACC/Big 10 games hasn't been announced. If it's Louisville, they will possibly have 5 top 10 teams in their OOC. So much ends the theory that Maryland schedules cupcakes. Also, Indiana, Iowa and Michigan could be top 10 teams as well.

November 9, 2021 (Tuesday) 11:00 AM Home Longwood College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 16, 2021 (Tuesday) Home Mount St. Mary's College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 18, 2021 (Thursday) Home UNC Wilmington College Park, MD XFINITY Center
November 25, 2021 (Thursday) NC State Nassau, The Bahamas Baha Mar Convention Center Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship
November 27, 2021 (Saturday) Stanford Nassau, The Bahamas Baha Mar Convention Center Baha Mar Hoops Pink Flamingo Championship
Maryland’s loss to Texas this season was in my eyes a byproduct of not facing enough elite defensive squads over the course of the season. If the Terps are battle-tested come next spring, they could be a threat for the crown. They’ll be even better with Reese healthy and they didn’t exactly have any offensive issues last year.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Baylor, NC State, Stanford, South Carolina ... now that's a very impressive lineup of 4 marquee opponents.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Beware of that first game. Longwood is from the Mighty Big South, don't sleep on the Lancers.

Reaction Score
I thought Ole Miss would schedule a little better considering Austin and some of the transfers they got. I guess it will come down to how they do in the SEC this season.

E7Ox78mXoAICAae

Reaction Score
I thought Ole Miss would schedule a little better considering Austin and some of the transfers they got. I guess it will come down to how they do in the SEC this season.

E7Ox78mXoAICAae
I assume ours gonna come out mid-late August

Reaction Score
I assume ours gonna come out mid-late August
I know Kim is traditionally a cheese puff scheduler outside of a select couple OOC games. I personally would like for her to schedule more top 100/NCAA bubble type of teams than some of the other sisters of the poor she has in the past. We have Iowa St and FGCU which are two good little teams, not sure who else we play.

Fargas in general scheduled decently, maybe not a bunch of top 10 team but we played a lot of very solid mid majors and NCAAT type teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Hahahahaha. What a s&!+show.

It's like watching the local drug gangs jockey for position along the fault lines between drug cartels. Except these colleges are more mercenary give zero fudges about loyalty.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I smell bull manure... the ACC grant in rights is in place until 2036 and would cost them hundreds of millions of dollars to get out of. Clemson and FSU don't add anything to the SEC in terms of adding more money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom