2020 Recruiting Thread

-

Exit 4

This space for rent
Another guy worth revisiting is Darius Bush, WR/DB out of Jenkins HS in Savannah GA. I noticed he started following Bobby Downes and Robert Lewis in recent days. Perhaps he visited...but that is just pure speculation on my part.

We offered Bush back on 6/1. Found this interesting read about him below.

Darius Bush: “Kinetic Energy on Display”

One of the fasting rising stars on the recruiting circuit is 5-foot-11, 178-pound speedster Darius Bush. As a junior he led the team in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches. Bush actually caught 41% of all Jenkins passes completed during the 2018 season. He also carried the ball 20 times for 160 yards and a score. His breakout junior season garnered him First Team All-Region and Second Team All-Greater Savannah-Offense.

His first offer came on March, 20 from the Naval Academy, since that time his suitor list has skyrocketed to a whopping 16 offers. His offers include Akron, Central Michigan, Coastal Carolina, Connecticut, Georgia Southern, North Carolina-Charlotte, Southern Miss and UNLV. He is also receiving heavy interest from Troy, Wake Forest and West Virginia. Three schools he would like to hear more from are Florida, Georgia Teach and Purdue.

Six of those offers came immediately after his strong two-way performance at the Mercer Mega Camp held June, 1. Oh, yeah he also ran a 4.47, 4.53 and 4.43 in his three attempts at the 40-yard dash. It didn’t hurt either that he bested the competition at both receiver and cornerback.

“His character speaks for itself; I even got a call from a coach at the Mercer Camp saying how well he acted and handled himself whether he won or lost a rep,” Cameron said. “He’s a guy that if he shows up with high energy at practice then the whole team will have a great practice that day. He is simply are sparkplug.”

Still no word on any commitment. False alarm? or waiting until after until a different date to make it official?

Still no word on any commitment. False alarm? or waiting until after until a different date to make it official?
I’d venture to say it wasn’t a false alarm - someone committed to the coaches and isn’t ready to make it public yet.