2020 Recruiting: Jacob Toppin | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Jacob Toppin

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Committed to Kentucky.
Glad he wasn’t good enough to play here.

To be fair Kentucky is absolutely hurting for bodies.

I like the kid as a rj type sit and train transfer. But he’s still more of a flier than the other transfers we have been targeting

Reaction Score
To be fair Kentucky is absolutely hurting for bodies.

I like the kid as a rj type sit and train transfer. But he’s still more of a flier than the other transfers we have been targeting
But he had Oregon in his final three and is playing for a school who has 1 returning player. Doesn’t matter if he is good or a fit, he passes the boneyard test regardless. He has a eligibility and is in the portal, that’s enough for the boneyard!

Reaction Score
The boneyard is the best. Guy who isn’t good enough to get our last scholarship ends up committing to probably the most difficult school to get a scholarship from.
You would think a certain poster wouldn't show his face in this thread and yet here he still is.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But he had Oregon in his final three and is playing for a school who has 1 returning player. Doesn’t matter if he is good or a fit, he passes the boneyard test regardless. He has a eligibility and is in the portal, that’s enough for the boneyard!

Nice strawman, bro. Why were all of these P5 coaches too dumb to listen to you?

Reaction Score
Easy for UK to take a risk on this kid when they reload with an entire roster of 5* recruits every year. We don’t have that luxury..yet

Reaction Score
The Steph Curry Effect

Steph blew up at Davidson
Seth transferee up to Duke
Seth Curry averaged 20ppg his freshman year. They’re not really comparable..

if anything, a better analogy would be Jaylen Adams and Brendan Adams

Reaction Score
As someone who has been on the Boneyard thru multiple iterations there are some posters here that are a joke. We all know who they are. As I said earlier, let’s see who recruits Toppin and how his career develops. As a lifelong (1964) UConn fan, I’ve seen a lot of players and this kid has potential. The fact that he played limited minutes as a Fr at URI is no reason to say he’s not good enough for UConn. Maybe not a fit is another thing.

Reaction Score
Because you were very obviously wrong.
Obviously. The fact you believe Kentucky, in their current state and their affiliation with Nike , proves anything tells me all I need to know.

Reaction Score
As someone who has been on the Boneyard thru multiple iterations there are some posters here that are a joke. We all know who they are. As I said earlier, let’s see who recruits Toppin and how his career develops. As a lifelong (1964) UConn fan, I’ve seen a lot of players and this kid has potential. The fact that he played limited minutes as a Fr at URI is no reason to say he’s not good enough for UConn. Maybe not a fit is another thing.
Noted. He is good but not might be a fit. Let’s wait to see how he pans out before we post judgement but let’s go ahead and post judgement on those who don’t think he is good. Got it. With all do respect, you are all over the place.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Obviously. The fact you believe Kentucky, in their current state and their affiliation with Nike , proves anything tells me all I need to know.

Cute.

Reaction Score
Noted. He is good but not might be a fit. Let’s wait to see how he pans out before we post judgement but let’s go ahead and post judgement on those who don’t think he is good. Got it. With all do respect, you are all over the place.

Reaction Score
1999 if the shoe fits.... I’m consistent in my feelings btw. How am I all over the place? Right now you’re not looking so good, with due respect. Hey we are mostly all UConn fans here so have a good night.

Reaction Score
So he decommits from URI out of nowhere and wouldn't you just know it he ends up at Kentucky.
Obviously Cal was tampering with this kid, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom