2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we the favorites? Probably not. But a “Next” is extremely premature here. This is going into the spring, and from all indications we’re still being considered.. Trust The Grind.

Well one indication that we're not being considered is that he canceled his visit 3 days in advance of coming with no reason given. Another is that a different school has gotten a metric ton of predictions in their direction.

But hey, hopefully you're right.

Reaction Score
Well one indication that we're not being considered is that he canceled his visit 3 days in advance of coming with no reason given. Another is that a different school has gotten a metric ton of predictions in their direction.

But hey, hopefully you're right.
I’m not speaking on public indications. This is and was always going to be an uphill climb. But we are not out of it by any means

Reaction Score
I have a feeling you’re speaking on hope rather than solid info
Never claimed to be an “insider”. But I do have a connection to the team. It’s not anyone on the staff. After this season my connection will be no more. Every now and then I ask for a scoop. Sometimes they can get it most of the time they can’t. I was told(again second hand info) that as of last weekend the was under the impression that they were still being considered. That could have changed, but that’s the last I’ve heard. Again please don’t label me an “insider” I don’t want that pressure lmaoo, you guys are brutal. But when I’m able to get a scoop I’ll share it. Take it or leave it

Reaction Score
Cam also said on his instagram live last night that he'll probably commit in december or january so there is still time.
I really hope Hurley didn't take his foot of the gas on Cam after we landed Jackson

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He doesn’t have info
Re: @AntG168 - I could be wrong, but this has always been my impression as well. I think he is enthusiastic, follows the board closely, and cares about the team doing well, but that's the limit.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Never claimed to be an “insider”. But I do have a connection to the team. It’s not anyone on the staff. After this season my connection will be no more. Every now and then I ask for a scoop. Sometimes they can get it most of the time they can’t. I was told(again second hand info) that as of last weekend the was under the impression that they were still being considered. That could have changed, but that’s the last I’ve heard. Again please don’t label me an “insider” I don’t want that pressure lmaoo, you guys are brutal. But when I’m able to get a scoop I’ll share it. Take it or leave it
I find this more helpful than, "I stick by what I said." The latter kind of 'invites' a response you might term "brutal" if it turns out to be an over reach offered with little to back it up. You don't strike me as someone who should swing for the fences.

Reaction Score
I find this more helpful than, "I stick by what I said." The latter kind of 'invites' a response you might term "brutal" if it turns out to be an over reach offered with little to back it up. You don't strike me as someone who should swing for the fences.
I don’t take things too seriously on here. I could care less wether ppl believe me honestly. I’ve never said I was an insider. The vast majority of the time I don’t have inside info. The last info I offered as anything to be considered “inside” info was in the Hami Diallo situation. I have a very close friend who is friends with a current player on the team. So, close that me and said player have hung out on multiple occasions. Whenever I can get information(not often) I share it. Otherwise I’m just another dude on this board

Reaction Score
I don’t take things too seriously on here. I could care less wether ppl believe me honestly. I’ve never said I was an insider. The vast majority of the time I don’t have inside info. The last info I offered as anything to be considered “inside” info was in the Hami Diallo situation. I have a very close friend who is friends with a current player on the team. So, close that me and said player have hung out on multiple occasions. Whenever I can get information(not often) I share it. Otherwise I’m just another dude on this board
Don't swing for the fences man, don't do it. Don't want to risk your journalistic integrity.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh great: the ever-delightful "could care less," that means the exact opposite.

That said, I appreciate your acknowledging that your inside information is limited, that you don't take things too seriously, and that you don't really care if people believe you. I think that it puts your comments in proper perspective, and I think that will be helpful to people who read your comments, especially those in this thread, that display a particular bravado.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It’s great that you volunteered this information. Unfortunately some of the critics will not see it.

After all the years in which “scat happens”, after continuously declaring recruiting is fluid and accepting information with a grain of salt, you went above and beyond the need to explain yourself.

Your contacts were duped. You were relaying duped information. The result was we were punked. Hopefully we get Cardwell and don’t get Kasagoed, and people can laugh at all this.

Reaction Score
It’s great that you volunteered this information. Unfortunately some of the critics will not see it.

After all the years in which “scat happens”, after continuously declaring recruiting is fluid and accepting information with a grain of salt, you went above and beyond the need to explain yourself.

Your contacts were duped. You were relaying duped information. The result was we were punked. Hopefully we get Cardwell and don’t get Kasagoed, and people can laugh at all this.

Agreed with this sentiment. If you are living and dying on second hand information provided by a stranger on a message board, and getting worked up when it's not 100% accurate or play out to be 100% accurate. Then the issue is with you, not the source of the information.

Reaction Score
He cancelled his visit he's not coming here, it's over for those that are hoping the staff stays on him.

Need to find another answer as Kadary is not going the right way. Cardwell this weekend says yes and we're good. Plenty can happen between transfers, great transfers etc etc, no rush after Jackson Cardwell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He cancelled his visit he's not coming here, it's over for those that are hoping the staff stays on him.

Need to find another answer as Kadary is not going the right way. Cardwell this weekend says yes and we're good. Plenty can happen between transfers, great transfers etc etc, no rush after Jackson Cardwell.

Going into this recruiting season we had two needs. A SF and a C. One down, we are trending positively for Cardwell and Javonte Brown Ferguson. The other spot can wait until Spring. Maybe Cliff, maybe a decommit, maybe LSU is on probation, maybe we look at grad transfers. Those results are all fine.

I don't see a scoring guard as a strong "need" in this class. Cam was simply so good you'd want him no matter what. We will have two scoring PGs. Bouk will see heavy minutes at SG with Vital gone and Jackson in. Gaffney will play SG next to Cole at times. The potential for Bouk to be Jeremy Lamb like and leave early exists, so a SG/CG is a must for 2021-22. Likewise I would like to see a PF and PG in that class.

Reaction Score
My assessment is we will need more scoring in 2020/2021 than the current projected roster.

anyone started on a list of potential grad transfers available in the spring?

Reaction Score
My assessment is we will need more scoring in 2020/2021 than the current projected roster.
Really? Are you talking next season (2020-2021 season)?

Cole was a big time scorer at Howard. I don't see him scoring 20+ in the Big East but he'll score.

Carlton will be a senior and should be a 14+ ppg scorer.

I expect Bouknight will be a scorer.

Andre Jackson should be able to score.

Assuming Akok is still here (don't see him leaving after 1 season) I think he'll be a scorer from the 4.

I don't think scoring will be a problem in 2020-2021.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
depth at the 5 will be our biggest concern as of today for the 20-21.
We currently have good guards, wings and should have decent options at PF as well. If we can defend the lane consistently and not get bullied on the boards I think we will be fine.
Gotta Get A Big

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Cole was a big time scorer at Howard. I don't see him scoring 20+ in the Big East but he'll score.

Assuming Akok is still here (don't see him leaving after 1 season) I think he'll be a scorer from the 4.

Add Gaffney who can shoot and Polley who will be a senior.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Akok
Carlton

A year from now sounds like restless nights for opposing coaches.

Reaction Score
Lol. Cam is not coming to UConn. Players that are considering bag men schools aren’t ending up at schools that aren’t paying. Let this pipe dream go.
Agreed, I would assume there are some guys/families that do not want any part of bag men. Those are our guys.

Reaction Score
S
Oh great: the ever-delightful "could care less," that means the exact opposite.

That said, I appreciate your acknowledging that your inside information is limited, that you don't take things too seriously, and that you don't really care if people believe you. I think that it puts your comments in proper perspective, and I think that will be helpful to people who read your comments, especially those in this thread, that display a particular bravado.
seems like ur hammering a guy for just putting his thoughts and what he’s heard out there. Why the hostility?

Reaction Score
Cole
Bouknight
Jackson
Akok
Carlton

A year from now sounds like restless nights for opposing coaches.

Polley too. We already know he can shoot it but if he’s “improved” like Danny said even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom