2020 off-season transfers | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I was actually thinking she'd have a difficult time returning to the US from Australia:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

This would be her second transfer. She played her freshman year at UTSA in 2015-16 and sat out 2016-17 (transfer year) and 2018-19 (injury). I'm assuming her new school would have to put in for a 6th year of eligibility.

Last year was her best so far (7.8 ppg) but she was wildly inconsistent (36% FG and 28% 3FG).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That was quick

Did not recall her game against us

This past season, Anastasieska finally hit her stride at Cal, averaging 7.8 points per game and finishing fourth on the team in scoring. Her most productive game for the blue and gold came in November of last year against then No. 5 UConn — Anastasieska shot 50% from three and finished the game with 25 points.

Reaction Score
again,.. besides Shepard.,,. Who else got the ND pass??

No one that I know. Does it matter? But please explain what school got the benefit the transfer? Notre Dame? So how is it not a ND pass? I hate to break it to you- but it was a pass for ND.

SO again I'll ask-- ignore the blatant "suspect" pass? Or will you doge the question yet again?

Reaction Score
No one that I know. Does it matter? But please explain what school got the benefit the transfer? Notre Dame? So how is it not a ND pass? I hate to break it to you- but it was a pass for ND.

SO again I'll ask-- ignore the blatant "suspect" pass? Or will you doge the question yet again?

no where did I say she deserved a pass. With that being said...how is it a ND pass if it’s only her? The phrase ND pass to me means more than one

Reaction Score
no where did I say she deserved a pass. With that being said...how is it a ND pass if it’s only her? The phrase ND pass to me means more than one

No it doesn't. ND benefited from the pass. It's a ND pass.

You keep dodging the question however.

So I'll ask again ignore the blatant "suspect" pass? Or will you dodge the question yet again?

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was quick

Did not recall her game against us

This past season, Anastasieska finally hit her stride at Cal, averaging 7.8 points per game and finishing fourth on the team in scoring. Her most productive game for the blue and gold came in November of last year against then No. 5 UConn — Anastasieska shot 50% from three and finished the game with 25 points.

Good pickup.... though I have no idea if she is any good or not. We need players

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good pickup.... though I have no idea if she is any good or not. We need players

After hearing about her "best" game against UConn. pulled it up from the BY site. She can shoot but she does not look athletic to me and I would be surprised if she makes an impact at Duke

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After hearing about her "best" game against UConn. pulled it up from the BY site. She can shoot but she does not look athletic to me and I would be surprised if she makes an impact at Duke

Before this signing...... there were 10 players on the roster. 2 are coming off of ACL tears... and were unable to remain on campus and rehabilitate in the spring and summer due to the school shutting down. 1 is a major project who hasn't done much in 2 years... and another is a true freshman. She will help. I'm not expecting the second coming of Rebecca Greenwell..... but she is needed. :cool:

Reaction Score
No it doesn't. ND benefited from the pass. It's a ND pass.

You keep dodging the question however.

So I'll ask again ignore the blatant "suspect" pass? Or will you dodge the question yet again?

maybe it is a suspect pass. But is there proof? Do you know what was said in the appeal that was approved? Are you giving suspect passes to the other players whose waivers were approved? Or only because ND won a championship because Shepard’s was approved?

again.... I didn’t say I agreed with her approval but it’s time to get over it. And unless you can tell me who else is receiving the ND pass, it’s time to stop using that

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's because we don't like ND or anything that turns out good for them. It would be more accurate to call it a Florida State pass. The last two times UCONN has played FSU, The Seminoles have had a player in the lineup that transferred into Florida State and was made immediately eligible. In 2015 that player was Leticia Romero and in 2016 it was Chatrice White. BTW nothing stopped UCONN for applying for a pass for Batouly and Azura when they transferred into UCONN.

Reaction Score
It's because we don't like ND or anything that turns out good for them. It would be more accurate to call it a Florida State pass. The last two times UCONN has played FSU, The Seminoles have had a player in the lineup that transferred into Florida State and was made immediately eligible. In 2015 that player was Leticia Romero and in 2016 it was Chatrice White. BTW nothing stopped UCONN for applying for a pass for Batouly and Azura when they transferred into UCONN.

Yes, I get it. At some point it’s time to move on. That’s all. And Westbrook being denied was a blessing in disguise

Reaction Score
maybe it is a suspect pass. But is there proof? Do you know what was said in the appeal that was approved? Are you giving suspect passes to the other players whose waivers were approved? Or only because ND won a championship because Shepard’s was approved?

again.... I didn’t say I agreed with her approval but it’s time to get over it. And unless you can tell me who else is receiving the ND pass, it’s time to stop using that

Ohh so now we're on the Boneyard that we can't speculate? Tell me when anyone "speculates" on here anything -- such as ND will get another pass- does this mean in your high and mighty world we shouldn't o it? Woo put you on as emperor?

Well seeing how you are so interested in other teams why don't YOU tell me and others who you feel also had "suspect" approvals?

You realize that's what we do here, right? Sometimes we speculate. Make predictions. All of what is said here you realize doesn't need a lawyer for proof, right? Further, you realize you are welcome to start another thread and tell us who else is suspect, right? Go ahead and post.

And again who are YOU to tell me "it's time get over it?" I'll get over it when I want to. In your opinion it's time to get over it. Fine great for you-- you are over it. But it still doesn't mean it's not a ND pass. Please stop trying to deflect the original point that it was a ND pass. It WAS a ND pass. If you don't like it ten you can always just ignore the comment. You realize you can do that too, right?

But I assume you agree now with many of us-- that this was a ND pass, correct? If you didn't like it-- does that means ND got a pass, right?

Anyhow ND is rival to UCONN. I like to read about rivals. Just as I posted about South Carolina on this site. I'm interested in them. Not "Vanderbilt." Anything i read about rivals I'm interested in. I just can't believe you are trying to dictate to me what to move on from when it comes to rivals. You also about other teams -- go head and post. I'm more concerned about UCONN and our rivals.

I'm just surprised. You seem like a very nice person. I just don't understand what's getting you so hung up on a pass ND got that there is mention that it might happen again. For me, I'm skeptical. SO I can't post the skepticism because in part you want to move on? Otherwise where am I going wrong? Just is summary I am skeptical/cynical of the NCAA. And yes I am very interested in what our rivals are doing. And ND has been our top rival. I enjoy reading about our rivals and what might happen. I'm a fan. Not a lawyer.

Reaction Score
Ohh so now we're on the Boneyard that we can't speculate? Tell me when anyone "speculates" on here anything -- such as ND will get another pass- does this mean in your high and mighty world we shouldn't o it? Woo put you on as emperor?

Well seeing how you are so interested in other teams why don't YOU tell me and others who you feel also had "suspect" approvals?

You realize that's what we do here, right? Sometimes we speculate. Make predictions. All of what is said here you realize doesn't need a lawyer for proof, right? Further, you realize you are welcome to start another thread and tell us who else is suspect, right? Go ahead and post.

And again who are YOU to tell me "it's time get over it?" I'll get over it when I want to. In your opinion it's time to get over it. Fine great for you-- you are over it. But it still doesn't mean it's not a ND pass. Please stop trying to deflect the original point that it was a ND pass. It WAS a ND pass. If you don't like it ten you can always just ignore the comment. You realize you can do that too, right?

But I assume you agree now with many of us-- that this was a ND pass, correct? If you didn't like it-- does that means ND got a pass, right?

Anyhow ND is rival to UCONN. I like to read about rivals. Just as I posted about South Carolina on this site. I'm interested in them. Not "Vanderbilt." Anything i read about rivals I'm interested in. I just can't believe you are trying to dictate to me what to move on from when it comes to rivals. You also about other teams -- go head and post. I'm more concerned about UCONN and our rivals.

I'm just surprised. You seem like a very nice person. I just don't understand what's getting you so hung up on a pass ND got that there is mention that it might happen again. For me, I'm skeptical. SO I can't post the skepticism because in part you want to move on? Otherwise where am I going wrong? Just is summary I am skeptical/cynical of the NCAA. And yes I am very interested in what our rivals are doing. And ND has been our top rival. I enjoy reading about our rivals and what might happen. I'm a fan. Not a lawyer.
I agree with much, BUT ND was a rival.

I say that because I am NOT over the ND pass, nor can I be convinced to get over it.

They [ND] have to prove that last year was a fluke {and not a trend - regardless of coaching change} before they can be rejoining our rivals of South Carolina, Baylor, Oregon, and occasionally Stanford {mainly because VanDerveer still has more wins for the near future}.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Well, I agree it is silly to connect Shepard's transfer to it being due to ND but it was a galling decision with little precedent since there was simply no hardship suggested by Shepard. She was completely open saying she had no problem with the environment (coaching etc) at Nebraska but it just cant get me to where I want to go and ND had the 'impressive' audacity to apply for a waiver . On the other hand Romero and especially White had really compelling reasons. And I guess Geno had just a bit too much class to ask for a waiver for 2 players who simply had no rationale to obtain one.

By the way, I am a big fan of Shepard and look forward to seeing Pheesa and Shepard make some magic.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, I agree it is silly to connect Shepard's transfer to it being due to ND but it was a galling decision with little precedent since there was simply no hardship suggested by Shepard. She was completely open saying she had no problem with the environment (coaching etc) at Nebraska but it just cant get me to where I want to go and ND had the 'impressive' audacity to apply for a waiver . On the other hand Romero and especially White had really compelling reasons. And I guess Geno had just a bit too much class to ask for a waiver for 2 players who simply had no rationale to obtain one.
By the way, I am a big fan of Shepard and look forward to seeing Pheesa and Shepard make some magic.
I have no issue with ND applying for the waiver. I have major issues with the inconsistencies of the NCAA in the application of the waiver process. I'm probably a bigger fan of Shepard. Speaking of gall I had the "gall" to suggest that UCONN should have been in on her recruitment once she decided to transfer especially since she also visited South Carolina. Some of the more smug among us said she could never have played for Geno. As if...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is Stephanie Watts returning to UNC for a sixth year?

She is back on the UNC roster with this information:
Graduated from UNC with a bachelor's degree in public policy in 2019 ... Owns the two highest single-game three-pointer totals in program history, with an ACC-record 10 against Charleston Southern on Nov. 22, 2016, and nine against UNCW on Dec. 5, 2018 ... Spent the 2019-20 season at Southern California as a graduate student ... Appeared in only four games due to an injury and was granted an additional year of eligibility, which she'll use with UNC in 2020-21

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is Stephanie Watts returning to UNC for a sixth year?

not right.gif

Some of yall might think its a case of sour grapes.... but seriously... this aint right. Aint it some kind of NCAA rule against this? Some bull in my opinion. Like I've said previously... ain't nothing like raised blood pressure on a Monday :mad:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Can’t say I’m surprised. I think transfer Dre Edwards will get minutes at her spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom