Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maybe this tweet won't get taken down by the originator:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So wait, they "could" vote on it in May and the D1 Committee, if approved could go into immediate effect yet the tweet itself says legislation on the matter would not take effect until January? There seems to be inconsistency in how Kendall Rogers words his preamble vs. the wording in his tweet. So when would it be effected????:confused:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lindsay Duvall entering the portal out of Louisville to find more playing time. After checking Raoul's Louisville chart, it opens up one slot in 2020-21 and one more the following year to have one more recruit join Payton Verhulst. The programs that pack rosters and constantly recruit are kind of like being on a merry go-round on the beach: As it picks up speed, you better be in the middle or you'll go flying off.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lindsay Duvall entering the portal out of Louisville to find more playing time. It's kind of like being on a merry go-round on the beach: As it picks up speed, you better be in the middle or you'll go flying off.
Looks like Jeff now has room for another player.

Ranked #24 in HG class of 2017.

Walz is quoted as saying she wants to go somewhere where she can "have more of an impact."

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Ranked #24 in HG class of 2017.

Walz is quoted as saying she wants to go somewhere where she can "have more of an impact."

Well, one probably needs to play to make that impact. And since he's also quoted as saying "..that's a bit of a challenge," looks like Lindsay needs to hit the road. Don't know if she knows fellow Kentuckian Grace Berger, but she's done pretty well up at Indiana. Maybe she can take a trip north up 31.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
How about following her old assistant coach to Eastern Kentucky.

As a big fan of Samantha Williams I'd like to see that happen. To my somewhat-educated eye Duvall does not quite have the skill set to play for a Top 25 team. But she is a great shooter and should be able to star at the OVC level where her challenges on the defensive end won't be as great.

Plus, my spouse is an EKU grad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As a big fan of Samantha Williams I'd like to see that happen. To my somewhat-educated eye Duvall does not quite have the skill set to play for a Top 25 team. But she is a great shooter and should be able to star at the OVC level where her challenges on the defensive end won't be as great.

Plus, my spouse is an EKU grad.

Question. When EKU and Morehead State meet up... do they throw out the record books?

Reaction Score
That's an odd destination.
Wisconsin along with Boston College, Illinois, South Florida, UNC, and Wake Forest was her Final 6 list in high school. I guess Wisconsin was her 2nd choice.

Reaction Score
Lindsay Duvall entering the portal out of Louisville to find more playing time. After checking Raoul's Louisville chart, it opens up one slot in 2020-21 and one more the following year to have one more recruit join Payton Verhulst. The programs that pack rosters and constantly recruit are kind of like being on a merry go-round on the beach: As it picks up speed, you better be in the middle or you'll go flying off.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't have a link but I believe Fr. Ali Bamberger 6-3 post from Washington is entering the portal. She tore up her knee right at the end of the season so she'll almost certainly be sitting out next season regardless of where she goes.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Thanks. If memory holds, Duvall and Robins were the 2017 and 2018 Kentucky Basketball Players of the Year. Duvall was pretty highly rated in her class (20-something?) but is now behind Dana Evans (still) and Hailey Van Lith is coming in. Tough spot. And Robins shows up to practice and sees Balogun, Nyah Green (off her redshirt year) and Mykasa Robinson. And in '21, Payton Verhulst shows up.
Being in the home state might've helped get in the gym door, but it didn't lead to PT.

I was going to say that this opens up (yet) another slot for Coach Walz (it's uncanny how this always plays out), but then I read this post on Raoul:

So, when a person plays both volleyball and basketball, what program gets the tab for the scholarship?
Does each program get dinged a 1/2? Who becomes a 1/2 player going forward? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Thanks. If memory holds, Duvall and Robins were the 2017 and 2018 Kentucky Basketball Players of the Year. Duvall was pretty highly rated in her class (20-something?) but is now behind Dana Evans (still) and Hailey Van Lith is coming in. Tough spot. And Robins shows up to practice and sees Balogun, Nyah Green (off her redshirt year) and Mykasa Robinson. And in '21, Payton Verhulst shows up.
Being in the home state might've helped get in the gym door, but it didn't lead to PT.

I was going to say that this opens up (yet) another slot for Coach Walz (it's uncanny how this always plays out), but then I read this post on Raoul:

So, when a person plays both volleyball and basketball, what program gets the tab for the scholarship?
Does each program get dinged a 1/2? Who becomes a 1/2 player going forward? :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing. I believe the NCAA Division 1 Volleyball scholarship limit is set at 12. I’m not sure if they give out partial scholarships (I don’t believe so), or 12 players receive full scholarships.

Regardless, I believe it has to count against basketball. I believe that NCAA has a specific order in which the sport scholarship must count against. In the past, football teams would get players on track scholarships.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

Who is the player more important to? If she's a starter on one, that squad probably picks up the scholarship. Louisville VB made it to the Elite 8, losing to Minnesota. As the seasons can have a slight overlap (this year Louisville VB ended on Dec 14), the BB player will be behind the curve of the other players who started practicing in October.

Reaction Score
Who is the player more important to? If she's a starter on one, that squad probably picks up the scholarship. Louisville VB made it to the Elite 8, losing to Minnesota. As the seasons can have a slight overlap (this year Louisville VB ended on Dec 14), the BB player will be behind the curve of the other players who started practicing in October.

Basically if you're in football, you're counted for that. Then, you're counted in basketball unless you play football. So the only way to get around oversigning in basketball is to get the person on the football team. If you play volleyball and basketball you are on basketball scholarship. That is the general hierarchy of scholarship in NCAA. Football then basketball then everything else.

Reaction Score
I don't have a link but I believe Fr. Ali Bamberger 6-3 post from Washington is entering the portal. She tore up her knee right at the end of the season so she'll almost certainly be sitting out next season regardless of where she goes.
She is listed on Raoul's WBBBlog site as being in the portal.

Reaction Score
I think which sport recruited her a buddy of mine in the 80’s went to college on a baseball scholarship but chose a school that would let him play soccer also

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Niya Beverley with the intraconference transfer to Penn State.

Odd transfer to me- out of the fire into the fire? Both programs struggling with maybe optimism for PSU due to a newer coach? But neither appears imminent for success. What’s your take on this?

Reaction Score
Odd transfer to me- out of the fire into the fire? Both programs struggling with maybe optimism for PSU due to a newer coach? But neither appears imminent for success. What’s your take on this?
Bottom quarter of the league for both with Illinois. She'll probably enjoy going to the football games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom