2020 off-season transfers | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So...is there anyone from ND that we should now be considering? People's, Vaughn? :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Considering Ivey is the HC, no one is going anywhere.
Ivey? She left for the NBA last year. Did ND make an announcement or are you just speculating on "Ivey's Bench"? :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
True, but there are usually some players leaving whenever there is a coaching change.
There are usually players leaving regardless of whether the coach stays or goes. We don't know whether the coaching change was the reason for it.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So if she only appeared in 17 games for the Warriors Golden Eagles, and she's transferring to a P5 school, in theory, her playing time should diminish but seeing as this is Pitt, her PT will probably increase and Pitt will still be bad. Coach White is entering his 3rd year and frankly, needs to show significant improvement otherwise he is as the phrase goes "a dead coach walking"...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So if she only appeared in 17 games for the Warriors Golden Eagles, and she's transferring to a P5 school, in theory, her playing time should diminish but seeing as this is Pitt, her PT will probably increase and Pitt will still be bad. Coach White is entering his 3rd year and frankly, needs to show significant improvement otherwise he is as the phrase goes "a dead coach walking"...
Marquette as a program is light years ahead of Pitt. One is a multi-consecutive year NCAA tournament team, the other is in the lower 200s of the RPI. This is a self-demotion, plain and simple.

Let's also not forget how terribly overrated the ACC is. They were even worse than the SEC this year.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Marquette as a program is light years ahead of Pitt. One is a multi-consecutive year NCAA tournament team, the other is in the lower 200s of the RPI. This is a self-demotion, plain and simple.

Let's also not forget how terribly overrated the ACC is. They were even worse than the SEC this year.
Yes, Marquette is light years ahead of Pitt and that is sort of my point, she's expected to help Pitt which is a sad commentary. The ACC was down but man, to say it was worse than the SEC? Ouch, also I disagree as the metrics of WN and Massey say the ACC is better. The eye test does as well as I saw 4 tiers in the SEC:
1st. SC
2nd MSU/Texas A&M, Kentucky
3rd LSU, Arkansas, Tenn
4th everyone else (I guess a 5th of Ole Miss who was truly terrible)

While the ACC had
1st Louisville, NC State (behind SC but ahead of MSU-TAM)
2nd FSU, Duke, BC, VT, GT (on par with MSU-TAM and more of them)
3rd Syracuse, NC, Miami (with a healthy Mompremier) (on par with Tier 3)
4th is NC, Virginia, ND and even WF and well ahead of the 4th tier of the SEC.
What am I missing that is prompting you to think the ACC is worse?

Reaction Score
I'm biased, but I think that your SEC tiers are a little off. Arkansas was 2-1 against TAMU and KY, and 2-0 against LSU/TN. I think the Hogs belong on your 2-line there. Alternatively, I think you could say 1) SC, 2) MSU, 3) TAMU/Ark/KY, 4) LSU/TN, maybe UGA, 5) the rest

That's kind of how I saw it, anyway. Comparing it to the ACC, I just think there's a bigger gap between tier 2 and tier 3 than there is within the SEC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, Marquette is light years ahead of Pitt and that is sort of my point, she's expected to help Pitt which is a sad commentary. The ACC was down but man, to say it was worse than the SEC? Ouch, also I disagree as the metrics of WN and Massey say the ACC is better. The eye test does as well as I saw 4 tiers in the SEC:
1st. SC
2nd MSU/Texas A&M, Kentucky
3rd LSU, Arkansas, Tenn
4th everyone else (I guess a 5th of Ole Miss who was truly terrible)

While the ACC had
1st Louisville, NC State (behind SC but ahead of MSU-TAM)
2nd FSU, Duke, BC, VT, GT (on par with MSU-TAM and more of them)
3rd Syracuse, NC, Miami (with a healthy Mompremier) (on par with Tier 3)
4th is NC, Virginia, ND and even WF and well ahead of the 4th tier of the SEC.
What am I missing that is prompting you to think the ACC is worse?
Boston College and Georgia Tech were bubble teams, and Charlie Creme did not have either in his field. Not sure those teams are “on par with top-20 teams in Mississippi State and Texas A&M?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

comeonman.png

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Are international players not currently residing in the U.S. even going to be allowed into the country in a few months? Obviously, things are changing on a daily basis as it pertains to travel restrictions; but, it's a risk right now, IMO, signing international players.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Are international players not currently residing in the U.S. even going to be allowed into the country in a few months? Obviously, things are changing on a daily basis as it pertains to travel restrictions; but, it's a risk right now, IMO, signing international players.
As opposed to NOT signing a player that could help you when you have an open roster spot? How is this a risk? Does Kelli have 8 other players that will sign with Tenn and with the skills to compete against SC and MSU this season? You lost me on the risk factor as I don't see the down side.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
As opposed to NOT signing a player that could help you when you have an open roster spot? How is this a risk? Does Kelli have 8 other players that will sign with Tenn and with the skills to compete against SC and MSU this season? You lost me on the risk factor as I don't see the down side.
If new international signee can not enter the U.S. come Fall semester, the signing didn't help your roster one bit. That's the risk.

And, it kept you from possibly gaining a domestic transfer since that spot was allotted to international signee for 3 or 4 months while other schools pursued transfers who won't ever be at risk due to international travel restrictions. That's the opportunity cost.

Reaction Score
What about Makurat ? Shes overseas as well , would she not be allowed back ? WTH

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
If new international signee can not enter the U.S. come Fall semester, the signing didn't help your roster one bit. That's the risk.

And, it kept you from possibly gaining a domestic transfer since that spot was allotted to international signee for 3 or 4 months while other schools pursued transfers who won't ever be at risk due to international travel restrictions. That's the opportunity cost.
If international travel is locked down to such an extent that international students aren't able to get visas, I doubt there will be live college basketball games played, because the risk of 7,000 people jammed in an arena is at least as bad as 19-year-olds who are heavily screened at airport terminals and who could voluntarily quarantine for 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom