2020 off-season transfers | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

That a major blow to VPI :( I was talking with a Tech fan at the tournament... and he was lamenting the concept of the transfer portal ..... Im sure he was referring to it mostly for football.... but Im sure he isn't happy about it right now for WCBB

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Mi’cole Cayton has a top 6 of Rutgers, Utah, Oregon State, TCU, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.

Interesting that she has Nebraska in her top 6 when that was her original destination before Yori resigned.

Reaction Score
She started a lot of games as a freshman, was honorable mention Pac-12 all-freshman team, but has played four games in the last two seasons. Has a rep as a defensive player but she's not a great shooter. OSU could really use a good one-on-one defender - we haven't had a great one since Gabby Hansen.

Reaction Score
Keyen Green to TN. Grad transfer from Liberty. 6'1" forward. Former Big South player of the year.

Nice pick up for coach Harper. She will be busy this offseason trying to improve the current roster with what the portal has to offer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nice pick up for coach Harper. She will be busy this offseason trying to improve the current roster with what the portal has to offer.
Trading one Green for another.

Interesting that this article says she was also recruited by Maryland, Kentucky and Texas. No mention of Notre Dame, although Muffet reportedly had her as a "prime target" according to an article from a couple weeks ago.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wasn't the point by Austin is she doesn’t want to be a traditional post like Brenda wanted her to be but prefers to be a wing or small forward type?

Paired with Boston she'll probably play more in the high post or take turns flashing out high since Boston has a good face up game. I don't think she specified that she wanted to be a wing/SF, but that she wanted to develop more of a perimeter game rather than be a center.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She is certainly battle tested by having played in the rugged Big South.
:rolleyes:

against Oregon State last year: 4 points on 1-7 FG, 7 rebounds, fouled out in 21 minutes of play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

against Oregon State last year: 4 points on 1-7 FG, 7 rebounds, fouled out in 21 minutes of play.

But but but..... she wasnt in the Big South last season... perhaps the Atlantic Sun kinda softened her up :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
But but but..... she wasnt in the Big South last season... perhaps the Atlantic Sun kinda softened her up :p
Okay, so she may be battle tested but she's failed the test :p

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

File this one under "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been."

The top two recruits affected by the Connie Yori "resignation" at Nebraska were Kathleen Doyle, who ended up going to Iowa and becoming the B1G Player of the Year in 2019-20 and Mi'Cole Cayton, who went to California and found injury upon injury. Now as a grad transfer, she's back in the nation's heartland. Grad transfer at Nebraska.

Sometimes, you can't make this up. Best of luck to her and Amy Williams for keep on, keepin' on. ;)

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

What, Jose has another non-American on his roster? Shocked I am, shocked!
Image result for shock meme

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona losing Birna Benonysdottir, a little used center, played a total of like 44 minutes. Said to be a project by someone early on (at least as it related to NCAA hoops, she was on the Icelandic JR Nat Team), I think it possible she might thrive in the right place, which is probably not a P5 school.

"I think with this generation, I think kids don’t want to sit and have patience and work and wait,” Arizona coach Adia Barnes said Tuesday, not referring to Benonysdottir specifically. “And I think that’s why you’re seeing 500 kids (in the portal) and there’s nothing wrong with that. If your objective is to play and you go down to a level where you can do that, I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I think it’s a good thing.”

The quote is from the article on Arizona Desert Swarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom