2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
USF busy

Sounds like a strong pickup for Jose

The women's basketball team picked up a commitment in the form of Wyoming forward Tereza Vitulová on Thursday afternoon. She'll fill the scholarship left by wing player Enna Pehadzic, who just announced her intention to transfer to Vanderbilt on Saturday.

Vitulová, a Domasov, Czech Republic native continues the long line of international players that head coach Jose Fernandez has brought into the program. She becomes the second player from the Czech Republic on the Bulls' roster, re-uniting with Kristyna Brabencova, as the pair play on the Czech U20 National Team.

After playing a bench role in her freshman year of 2018-19, Vitulová started all 29 of the games she played in in 2019-20 and was a star for the Cowgirls, leading the team in scoring at 14.2 per game and rebound with 5.6 boards per game. Her scoring total was good for tenth in the Mountain West and she held the top field goal percentage in the conference at 54.8%. And although she didn't meet the requirements to qualify in free throw percentage, Vitulová's mark would have for second in the Mountain West at 85.1% (40-of-47).

Reaction Score
Reese is more of a wing than anything else. She's athletic and has good size/handles but doesnt have a strong perimeter shot from the games I've seen. Good slasher, needs to put on muscle though. Guessing the #2 ranking is largely due to the player she'll likely become as a junior or senior. Honestly not too different from Diamond Miller in that she's an oversized wing with very good athleticism.

Maryland needs help inside. Either Carter/Bibby would be a great fit. People loathe Brenda on here but she develops players well and gets them ready for the pros. Both would fill a need at MD and be able to contribute quickly.

Mimi Collins is the only low post player on the 8 player Maryland roster. They could use Bibby if she is immediately eligible.
As far as Brenda's personality and coaching style, there are some players who love her enthusiasm and passion for the game and some players who think she is too much over the top. Her basic fan base loves her but the students really haven't come on board like they do for the men team (they just love the men team).
I don't think Brenda is despised as much as Muffet and Tennessee on this board but she is a solid third from the posts I have read over the years.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, I just wish they didn't. Her "style" of coaching just isn't my cup of tea. And they made it quite public (this is over 10 years ago) with a TV show that followed the team, called "Under the Shell".

Also, Maryland is a bit of an issue for Rutgers' hopes in the B1G (and has picked up some recruits we apparently wanted as well).
Humm, now let me think about a Rutgers fan criticizing the Maryland Program on a UConn forum...
1586707494244.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mimi Collins is the only low post player on the 8 player Maryland roster. They could use Bibby if she is immediately eligible.
As far as Brenda's personality and coaching style, there are some players who love her enthusiasm and passion for the game and some players who think she is too much over the top. Her basic fan base loves her but the students really haven't come on board like they do for the men team (they just love the men team).
I don't think Brenda is despised as much as Muffet and Tennessee on this board but she is a solid third from the posts I have read over the years.
We would probably really despise Duke too if they were any good any more...:rolleyes:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Loathe might not be the right word, but I meant to imply that I've seen numerous posts here from fans who dont think highly of Brenda's ability to coach, similar to how fans felt about Aston/Warlick/McCallie. I still cant figure out why Frese doesnt get the respect she deserves from general women's basketball fans, as she has made Maryland a steady top 10 program for 15 years now, has won a title, made multiple final fours and earned multiple #1 seeds.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Uh-oh. Tori Hyduke is the second GW player to enter the portal in a week (Kayla Mokwuah is the other). Hyduke is a pistol of a point guard from the Jersey Shore who redshirted and started the most games of any Colonial, ending up as their 2nd leading scorer. I thought she would've been a natural fit with both Coach Jen Rizzotti and transfer guard Sydney Zabrotta (from Louisville and Christ the King HS). Any idea what's happening in Foggy Bottom?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uh-oh. Tori Hyduke is the second GW player to enter the portal in a week (Kayla Mokwuah is the other). Hyduke is a pistol of a point guard from the Jersey Shore who redshirted and started the most games of any Colonial, ending up as their 2nd leading scorer. I thought she would've been a natural fit with both Coach Jen Rizzotti and transfer guard Sydney Zabrotta (from Louisville and Christ the King HS). Any idea what's happening in Foggy Bottom?

Dillon you know the only reason she just did that was to keep up with Dara M............;)

Reaction Score
Wasn’t she originally going to MSU?

she committed right before Vic took the job and is now following him to Texas. Seems like a decent pickup for depth, don’t think this is some kind of game changer transfer. Always good to have depth. If Harris ends up at Texas like we expect, she should develop nicely!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It might have also helped Texas' chances with Ebo that Karisma Ortiz transferred from Penn State one year ago, and has been sitting out her sophomore season at Texas; so, that means they were both part of the 2018 PSU recruiting class.

She looks like a down-low power player, that's for sure.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It might have also helped Texas' chances with Ebo that Karisma Ortiz transferred from Penn State one year ago, and has been sitting out her sophomore season at Texas; so, that means they were both part of the 2018 PSU recruiting class.

She looks like a down-low power player, that's for sure.

I haven't watched much of Penn State over the last two years, but yes, everything that I saw from Ebo indicated that she is all down-low. Nowhere near the versatility or just overall athleticism of Collier.

In terms of body type and size she reminds me a bit of Erin DeGrate.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I haven't watched much of Penn State over the last two years, but yes, everything that I saw from Ebo indicated that she is all down-low. Nowhere near the versatility or just overall athleticism of Collier.

In terms of body type and size she reminds me a bit of Erin DeGrate.
I'll have to watch some more clips of Ebo. What I saw in the above was someone with nice touch around the basket, and relatively quick feet; we need a post player who can make point-blank bunnies off the glass, as that has been a rarity the last few couple of seasons.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll have to watch some more clips of Ebo. What I saw in the above was someone with nice touch around the basket, and relatively quick feet; we need a post player who can make point-blank bunnies off the glass, as that has been a rarity the last few couple of seasons.
I didn't mean that as a swipe. I think Ebo is a great get, and she definitely fills a roster need. A big question now becomes whether she has to sit a year. Vic really needs her eligible this coming year if possible.

Reaction Score
I didn't mean that as a swipe. I think Ebo is a great get, and she definitely fills a roster need. A big question now becomes whether she has to sit a year. Vic really needs her eligible this coming year if possible.
My understanding is Coach Schaefer had a difficult time this past season finding someone to do the little things like setting screens and such. It was also obvious MSU lacked physical size. Ebo was recruited to help with that. She was especially vital after P Taylor had to medically retire. I’ll be interested to see if Coach McCray-Penson has a similar opinion.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Jaden Owens is transferring from UCLA. Averaged 2.6 PPG.
She's from Texas.

Is that a sign that Destiny Slocum is UCLA-bound?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak