2020 off-season transfers | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chloe Bibby and Jessica Carter just started following Brenda Freese on Twitter

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Did Jessika Carter enter the Transfer Portal?

Not at this time that I’m aware of, just thought the timing was interesting. Brenda followed both back. Maryland could use some additional depth.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Chloe Bibby and Jessica Carter just started following Brenda Freese on Twitter

giphy.gif

Where do you check where someone follows someone? Might sound stupid, but just really curious here.

Reaction Score
Where do you check where someone follows someone? Might sound stupid, but just really curious here.

You just click on following tab of that Twitter.

EF62822A-59A0-42A2-9068-0B442FD0BD9A.jpeg

Just ignore me, I was just browsing online and noticed Brenda’s Twitter. Coaches follow a lot of players and don’t end up getting them. Carter may have put her name in the portal to explore her options but she can always decide to withdraw her name out. Again this is just fan boredom speculation. A friend of mine close to MSU program isn’t aware of anymore players in the portal at this time. It could have changed though

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not at this time that I’m aware of, just thought the timing was interesting. Brenda followed both back. Maryland could use some additional depth.

If Brenda followed back then it seems certain that JC is in the portal.

Reaction Score
If Brenda followed back then it seems certain that JC is in the portal.
But wouldn't you think a slew of other coaches would have followed her as well? Perhaps Brenda is just getting anxious.

Being that Jackson and Carter have not yet posted anything, it seems they are definitely considering entering it.

Reaction Score
Never under estimate the amount of under the table communication between coaches and players of different programs. There are many ways around it and it happens more than you’d think. Not saying that is what is going on here but word travels fast in the community.

MSU players will obviously be on close watch given the coaching change. It is interesting both MSU players were looking around at Maryland athletics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A follow doesn't mean much, I saw a coach or two follow some Mississippi State players or commits that haven't announced anything. I think its literally so they see their tweets as they come in case they do announce something.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
But wouldn't you think a slew of other coaches would have followed her as well? Perhaps Brenda is just getting anxious.

Being that Jackson and Carter have not yet posted anything, it seems they are definitely considering entering it.

If I'm a coach I'm not going to follow a player on twitter unless that player has placed her name in the portal. Brenda may take a different approach. You're right, though, the fact that other coaches aren't following her suggests she's not entered her name . . . yet.

Reaction Score
A follow doesn't mean much, I saw a coach or two follow some Mississippi State players or commits that haven't announced anything. I think its literally so they see their tweets as they come in case they do announce something.

coaches and players are probably hoping for immediate transfer eligibility with a new coach coming in......eventhough they probably have not met the new coach (at MSU) or potential new transfer coach

If Carter is in the transfer portal the Geno should be in touch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At the very least it appears Bibby and Maryland seem to be in contact with mutual interest. The entire coaching staff is following her now and she is now following many Maryland athletic programs. Curious how she would fit in there.

Maybe Brenda is following Jessika because of what she has heard from Bibby. Idk, just spit balling here.

Reaction Score
At the very least it appears Bibby and Maryland seem to be in contact with mutual interest. The entire coaching staff is following her now and she is now following many Maryland athletic programs. Curious how she would fit in there.

Maybe Brenda is following Jessika because of what she has heard from Bibby. Idk, just spit balling here.

Do you think Bibby would move the needle much for Maryland?

Reaction Score
Do you think Bibby would move the needle much for Maryland?

I think she would be a good pick up and provide some quality minutes, if she can get back to her sophomore year form. The knee injury slowed her down this year and her shot seemed off. She isn't going to be a game changer or anything but Maryland needs more options at the 4 and 5 spots. Maryland does not have a true 5 though. Mimi Collins, Masonious, and Angel Reese have some size but they need more help at the 4 and 5 spots. What spot is Angel Reese suppose to play?Their guard play is stacked though.

Reaction Score
I think she would be a good pick up and provide some quality minutes, if she can get back to her sophomore year form. The knee injury slowed her down this year and her shot seemed off. She isn't going to be a game changer or anything but Maryland needs more options at the 4 and 5 spots. Maryland does not have a true 5 though. Mimi Collins, Masonious, and Angel Reese have some size but they need more help at the 4 and 5 spots. What spot is Angel Reese suppose to play?Their guard play is stacked though.

I do not know where Reese is supposed to play, you are more well versed than I in the game of basketball.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Reese is more of a wing than anything else. She's athletic and has good size/handles but doesnt have a strong perimeter shot from the games I've seen. Good slasher, needs to put on muscle though. Guessing the #2 ranking is largely due to the player she'll likely become as a junior or senior. Honestly not too different from Diamond Miller in that she's an oversized wing with very good athleticism.

Maryland needs help inside. Either Carter/Bibby would be a great fit. People loathe Brenda on here but she develops players well and gets them ready for the pros. Both would fill a need at MD and be able to contribute quickly.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder too why people are so surprised top players want to play for Freese. She's been largely successful, is at a Big 10 university in a large metro area, and seems to have solid support from the community. Now I'm not saying she would be my first choice lunch companion for social reasons and yes, she should probably have won a little more than she has but those who stuck it out seem to have enjoyed their experiences and Maryland has produced some solid professional players.

It's not UConn, ND, Stanford, Baylor in terms of quality programs but it's not bad at all. Bibby was probably leaving even if Vic stayed. Carter is our only true post player returning and hopefully she at least gives McCray a chance.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder too why people are so surprised top players want to play for Freese. She's been largely successful, is at a Big 10 university in a large metro area, and seems to have solid support from the community. Now I'm not saying she would be my first choice lunch companion for social reasons and yes, she should probably have won a little more than she has but those who stuck it out seem to have enjoyed their experiences and Maryland has produced some solid professional players.

It's not UConn, ND, Stanford, Baylor in terms of quality programs but it's not bad at all. Bibby was probably leaving even if Vic stayed. Carter is our only true post player returning and hopefully she at least gives McCray a chance.
I'm not surprised, I just wish they didn't. Her "style" of coaching just isn't my cup of tea. And they made it quite public (this is over 10 years ago) with a TV show that followed the team, called "Under the Shell".

Also, Maryland is a bit of an issue for Rutgers' hopes in the B1G (and has picked up some recruits we apparently wanted as well).

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, I just wish they didn't. Her "style" of coaching just isn't my cup of tea. And they made it quite public (this is over 10 years ago) with a TV show that followed the team, called "Under the Shell".

Also, Maryland is a bit of an issue for Rutgers' hopes in the B1G (and has picked up some recruits we apparently wanted as well).
I know the show you speak of and I too wasn't exactly enamored with what I heard. I have no real idea if that remains the program culture or not but almost each year Maryland continues to put out a solid to very good product and keeps winning far more games than not.

I'm not defending them, just stating that despite her personality she doesn't seem to have problems getting recruits and those who stay tend to be successful. It may take a certain personality to deal with the environment of the program.

Reaction Score
Carter is our only true post player returning and hopefully she at least gives McCray a chance.

Morris showed some tremendous upside and glimpses at the end of the year as well but you are correct. She honestly looked great in the SECT, better than Carter actually. Losing Carter would be a major blow for MSU. She provided a lot rebounding and scoring, she was only getting better as a true sophomore.

Cant afford to lose both Rickea and Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom