2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 139 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sounds as though she isn't on the map but seems she wishes those two were.
Verhulst has the misfortune on being in the same class & position as the only HS player to win the Naismith as a HS Sophomore (Fudd) and a top gun who goes to school in NJ ( Miles) and an elite athlete & combo guard running things in South (Rivers). Maybe she can call Caitlin Clark to see how she dealt with being talented but overshadowed in her own class. She is a terrific player though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Verhulst has the misfortune on being in the same class & position as the only HS player to win the Naismith as a HS Sophomore (Fudd) and a top gun who goes to school in NJ ( Miles) and an elite athlete & combo guard running things in South (Rivers).

UConn is still after Ducharme though, apparently. But I guess she might be a wing in college where as Verhulst is maybe more of a guard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn is still after Ducharme though, apparently. But I guess she might be a wing in college where as Verhulst is maybe more of a guard.
There are still quite a few more big guard/wings ( Bigby, Citron, Demetre, Adams, & Poffenbarger) still being evaluated by UCONN for 2021 so 1 more would probably not hurt.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I always had a sense that it was going to be difficult to pry her away from the West Coast but who knows it's certainly been done before......

I believe it was just done four years ago with a player few felt was leaving California.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
USA basketball has posted a profile on Amari DeBerry. My take is she is destined to walk in Stewie footsteps.
"Being compared to her ( Stewie) is just so amazing, it’s such an honor,”

nobody likes DeBerry's game more then I do but while she may indeed walk in Stewie's footsteps she isn't going to quite fit into Stewie's shoes..................haven't seen a player since that could.................;)

Reaction Score
Just read that both Dangerfield and Westbrook had surgery, Dangerfield hip and Westbrook knee. Both are expected to be ready when official practice starts in the Fall. Unfortunately they will miss the opportunity to work together during the summer.

Reaction Score
USA basketball has posted a profile on Amari DeBerry. My take is she is destined to walk in Stewie footsteps.
"Being compared to her ( Stewie) is just so amazing, it’s such an honor,”

I liked this;
“With basketball, I feel like everything ties into maturity when you are playing with girls older than you,” DeBerry said. “Maturity in your actions, maturity in your accountability, maturity in play. And by play, I mean really bodying up against people, getting stronger.”

I agree totally. Nurse came in tough and a lot of that came from playing with older and stronger players in international play. And it's why I am looking forward to seeing Makurat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I liked this;

I agree totally. Nurse came in tough and a lot of that came from playing with older and stronger players in international play. And it's why I am looking forward to seeing Makurat.

Dare we dream?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards was named to Canada's Senior National team that will participate in some exhibition games in Belgium and Great Britain over the next 2 weeks. This may mean she plays in the PanAm games rather than the U19 championships

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sounds as though she isn't on the map but seems she wishes those two were.

Verhulst is on the relatively short list of 2021s that Coach Ivey follows on twitter. She might be a ND target and just not have received an offer yet.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards was named to Canada's Senior National team that will participate in some exhibition games in Belgium and Great Britain over the next 2 weeks. This may mean she plays in the PanAm games rather than the U19 championships

Do we know anything about who else Edwards is courting?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
not sure about that but I've heard rumor that the University of Saskatchewan is making a big push...... :rolleyes:

If she’s staying in Canada, she better go to the University of Calgary. Who wouldn’t want to be a Dino?!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do we know anything about who else Edwards is courting?
I believe Edwards might have made an unofficial visit to Louisville when her AAU team was playing in the area. To say Louisville is courting her is kind of superfluous though.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I believe Edwards might have made an unofficial visit to Louisville when her AAU team was playing in the area. To say Louisville is courting her is kind of superfluous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom