2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 99 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn is hitting home runs in the '20 class so far.

Now to get Edwards and Gusters in the fold.

we can't get too greedy, gotta leave room for Ms DeBerry up front.............it seems having two bigs up front may be staying in fashion for a while...........

Reaction Score
while she wasn't really quick, Tuck had that wonderful footwork inside.....some of that maybe teachable but I think some players are just born with it.......Stevens just never looked comfortable inside although when she put her mind to it she could dominate at times...

Last year was Stevens first eligible season and she stepped on the court and never looked out of sync. Few games she looked like she was the best player on the team. Not sure what more she could of done to make more of an impact.

Reaction Score
as i wrote in another thread, wonder how this affects the other recruits in 2020 like Hailey Van Lith. Obviously nice job by Geno. If he likes a player, I'll all for it.
He obviously has his own evaluation of Hailey Van Lith and feels comfortable with Muhl. Either he knows Hailey Van Lith doesn’t mind the competition or he may have a feeling she’s going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Last year was Stevens first eligible season and she stepped on the court and never looked out of sync. Few games she looked like she was the best player on the team. Not sure what more she could of done to make more of an impact.

not so sure every game was a thing of beauty..............I just don't think she ever was sold on playing inside as a long term thing.................as to your question...............shooting better then .179 from three would have been helpful to both her and the team

Reaction Score
not so sure every game was a thing of beauty....I just don't think she ever was sold on playing inside as a long term thing.......as to your question.....shooting better then .179 from three would have been helpful to both her and the team
Never could quite figure out the disconnect between Geno and Stephens, but bottom line he seemed to want her to be a banger underneath. Was great in specific match ups but Geno often seemed to play her out of position. Doesn't matter - its history now.

Reaction Score
not so sure every game was a thing of beauty....I just don't think she ever was sold on playing inside as a long term thing.......as to your question.....shooting better then .179 from three would have been helpful to both her and the team

Not sure Stevens should have ever been shooting 3's, but as far as shooting 3's. Last year Final Four game against ND, Nurse and CD were not themselves. So why not go to a longer athletic group. If we're saying the only way to play or win the game is by shooting 3's then I would agree.

I think she is gifted at 6'6 a

Reaction Score
Not sure Stevens should have ever been shooting 3's, but as far as shooting 3's. Last year Final Four game against ND, Nurse and CD were not themselves. So why not go to a longer athletic group. If we're saying the only way to play or win the game is by shooting 3's then I would agree.

She fancied herself a bit of an outside shooter................shot around .360 at Duke.............I didn't watch her in the WNBA, I wonder if she shot a lot of threes in the pros.......? When UConn looses it's usually because at least three out of the starting five aren't shooting well from outside...................

Reaction Score
She fancied herself a bit of an outside shooter......shot around .360 at Duke...I didn't watch her in the WNBA, I wonder if she shot a lot of threes in the pros..? When UConn looses it's usually because at least three out of the starting five aren't shooting well from outside....

She made 28 out of 88 3 pointer attempted, good for 31%. Dallas used her at the wing some, but is probably best used as a combo forward.

Reaction Score
With Paige and Nika already on board for the 2020 class, I think Reese a combo forward and Cardoso a big post who doesn’t mind playing post and posting up down low would complete this class nicely. If it does turn into a 5 placer class then a shooter like Priscilla Williams or Sasha Goforth would be a good piece to add.

Reaction Score
With Paige and Nika already on board for the 2020 class, I think Reese a combo forward and Cardoso a big post who doesn’t mind playing post and posting up down low would complete this class nicely. If it does turn into a 5 placer class then a shooter like Priscilla Williams or Sasha Goforth would be a good piece to add.
That's a scary 4 year run with that four.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Never could quite figure out the disconnect between Geno and Stephens, but bottom line he seemed to want her to be a banger underneath. Was great in specific match ups but Geno often seemed to play her out of position. Doesn't matter - its history now.
Not much of a mystery. Coming out of the summer with the way Azura was shooting the ball the vision was to have her play in the offense in the same places Stewie did which was all over the floor. Defensively Azura was to be a rebounding, shot blocking presence whenever on the floor. ON the trip to Italy that plan had to be altered because Azura major bad habit (lack of instinctive movement) came into play. The read and react offense requires "instinctive" movers to be most effective. Azura is a "patterned' mover, she will move to exactly where the play is designed for her to go. I think we were less than 5 games into the season when Geno modified the offense to get Azura into her most favorable spot on the floor which happen to be the left block, which happened to also be Napheesa's most productive spot on the court=Napheesa's game began to suffer. This idea that Geno wanted Azura to be a "banger" in the low post is not correct. Geno is much more creative than that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wonder if this will have an impact on Anna Makurat.
My guess is no. Anna is 2019 and will be established when Nika gets here. Anna is taller and not solely a PG. Reportedly, UConn is the only school Anna is interested in. I’m hoping we get good news from Anna shortly after her season ends.

Reaction Score
it appears recruiting at the guard position is certainly looking good......I'll feel even better when one those 6'3'-6'4" forwards takes the leap!!!!
Can you Rank the recruits in order of your choice for 2020 20121 now that Paige has verballed.

Reaction Score
Can you Rank the recruits in order of your choice for 2020 20121 now that Paige has verballed.

UConn is so tight lipped about who they are recruiting that it's difficult to include certain players but for me I'd like a minimum of two in order I'd be thrilled with Gusters and or Edwards, followed by Daniels, Cardosa, Goforth and Reece and in 21 it's Fudd did I say Fudd? and DeBerry, Demetre and Miles.............I've left off some other good ones too, I'm sure others will add their own choices........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shane Laflin really likes Kamilla Cardoso. These are his tweets today after watching last weekend's AAU event in Pennsylvania. UConn target Angel Reese was also there.

Reaction Score

I assume he's in the you can't teach height camp..........................compared to ONO athletically, Cardosa looks like she is standing in concrete....................perhaps that's a bit harsh as she does run the floor pretty well for such a big player but I haven't seen a really developed offensive game...................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Coaches were allowed to watch last weekend's Next Generation scrimmages in Tampa.

nextgenerationshowcaseB.jpg

nextgenerationshowcaseD.jpg

While the story in Tampa is the third NCAA National Championship of Kim Mulkey and her Baylor Bears, there was a new twist to the annual gathering of coaches that always surrounds the Final Four. While technically a "Dead Period" under NCAA legislation, a large contingent of recruiters spent part of their Saturday watching a collection of international players brought in the NBA / NCAA / USA Basketball and WBCA as part of the NBA Academies and the NCAA's Next Generation initiative. - Bluestar Media

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Shane Laflin really likes Kamilla Cardoso. These are his tweets today after watching last weekend's AAU event in Pennsylvania. UConn target Angel Reese was also there.

That an interesting phrase there: "should she (Kamilla Cardosa) choose the college route".
Her HS is closing. She is from Brazil, turn 18 this month. Are there good professional league in Brazil to where that is an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom