2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 84 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paige must be getting bombarded with attention from all the colleges and probably can't wait for the recruiting to end. Her choice will determine many future life choices on the road of life. I wish her the best.
She seems likely to narrow her list down soon.

Reaction Score
I also wonder if she'll be one of those (and Azzi Fudd strikes me this way, too) who makes their decision earlier so the circus can conclude and they can concentrate on just playing basketball.
Some players really like to stretch theirs and some players just start it really late.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Some players really like to stretch theirs and some players just start it really late.
Oh, I know. I think some players just live for the attention that the recruitment process brings (I've seen that with a few of my students -- the "come to my games and tell me how wonderful I am" attitude). For ladies like these two, who have already been part of the elite hunt for a few years and just seem to want to play basketball, I have wonder if that will impact their timeline.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I also wonder if she'll (Paige Bueckers) be one of those (and Azzi Fudd strikes me this way, too) who makes their decision earlier so the circus can conclude and they can concentrate on just playing basketball.

An early decision is one that could be well-appreciated by a recruiting coach as well, both ones that land a commitment and ones that don't.

When players stretch these to the limits of the early signing period, Plan B's are usually long gone, signed by other pursuing programs. And coaches are left scrambling, or trying to scramble.

If a player chooses to sign before or just during either her last round of summer AAU (May/June) or high school (September or early October), there's a chance for coaches to finish up (if you get the commit) or move on (if you don't).

Some 2020er's have said they'd like to do just that (Marshall, Watson on the spring/summer side, Clark on the before high-school angle). We'll see if that happens.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
3/17

As mentioned in a separate thread, Aubrey Griffin won her class state title with Ossining on Sunday.

31 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals

Ossining now moves on to the Federation state tournament starting next weekend.
Christ The King vs Long Island Lutheran Friday at 2:45 pm EDT
Ossining vs South Shore Friday at 4:30 pm EDT
Championship Game Saturday at 6:45 pm EDT
The Class "A" games will be played at 9:30 am and 11:15 am on Friday. Spellman vs Staten Island Academy
James Madison vs Mendon. Championship game is Saturday at 4:45 pm EDT
All games, including the boys, will be on the NFHS Network.

MTC

Reaction Score
[
QUOTE="donalddoowop, post: 3088210, member: 6552"]Christ The King vs Long Island Lutheran Friday at 2:45 pm EDT
Ossining vs South Shore Friday at 4:30 pm EDT
Championship Game Saturday at 6:45 pm EDT
The Class "A" games will be played at 9:30 am and 11:15 am on Friday. Spellman vs Staten Island Academy
James Madison vs Mendon. Championship game is Saturday at 4:45 pm EDT
All games, including the boys, will be on the NFHS Network.[/QUOTE]
Will any of these games be televised or streamed on the internet like in Pa and Minn.?
Not freely like the above two states.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
This is the second time I have seen CTK and I'm still not impressed. I have watched a number of state championship games the past few weeks and I've seen some teams that seem to be a lot better. Maybe they will play better tomorrow. I'm still not impressed with Marshall.

Reaction Score
This is the second time I have seen CTK and I'm still not impressed. I have watched a number of state championship games the past few weeks and I've seen some teams that seem to be a lot better. Maybe they will play better tomorrow. I'm still not impressed with Marshall.

she's good but surely a work in progress.......................I'd be happy if she chose UConn but certainly won't be upset like when UConn lost Boston, Horston or Jones to other programs...............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Marshall had 5 points and 6 rebounds in today's win.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
If I had five dollars for every free throw and lay up Griffin, I would have enough to buy myself an expensive dinner. The talent is certainly there but she will have to make a huge adjustment when it comes to effort and hustle after she arrives to UConn. She is a player who can create her own shot. After she becomes UConnized, she will be an exciting player to watch.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
If I had five dollars for every free throw and lay up Griffin missed, I would have enough to buy myself an expensive dinner. The talent is certainly there but she will have to make a huge adjustment when it comes to effort and hustle after she arrives to UConn. She is a player who can create her own shot. After she becomes UConnized, she will be an exciting player to watch.

Reaction Score
Chong and Espinoza-Hunter both put up huge numbers at Ossining too, which is why I’m not getting overly excited about Aubrey’s huge numbers. Obviously Chong’s and Espinoza-Hunter’s didn’t translate well at UConn.

Reaction Score
Chong and Espinoza-Hunter both put up huge numbers at Ossining too, which is why I’m not getting overly excited about Aubrey’s huge numbers. Obviously Chong’s and Espinoza-Hunter’s didn’t translate well at UConn.
BS---Leave Chong out of an Espinoza-Hunter conversation.

Reaction Score

Neither Chong or AEH can compare athletically to Ms Griffin....................she's in a totally different universe................I expect AG will have the usual freshman issues but will positively impact the game at both ends of the court before to long............

Reaction Score
Neither Chong or AEH can compare athletically to Ms Griffin.....she's in a totally different universe......I expect AG will have the usual freshman issues but will positively impact the game at both ends of the court before to long..
You must’ve read my mind...I was trying to find a delicate way to say it but sometimes my words come off a little too harshly..Thanks !!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/22

Ossining will play for the state title on Sunday after making a comeback to win in overtime Sunday.

Aubrey Griffin has a chance to break Breanna Stewart's Federation record for points in a tournament.

Griffin: 39 points (11-25 FG, 0-2 3-PT, 17-27 FT), 5 rebounds

Reaction Score
Marshall had 5 points and 6 rebounds in today's win.

You would hope a 6'5 center that is a 5 star would be more impactful on the high school level. Maybe she is the type of player you just hope slowly improves each year and by her junior or senior year of college can be a contributor?

Reaction Score

What did you think of LuHi freshman Paris Clark? UConn potential I would say if she has the natural progression in her game.

Reaction Score
What did you think of LuHi freshman Paris Clark? UConn potential I would say if she has the natural progression in her game.

she's already good..............she's going to be really good...........

Paris Clark5’08 G (Long Island Lutheran Crusaders, NY 2022)
Clark is another young prospect coach’s will need to get use to hearing her name. She showed the ability to play both in transition as well as in a half court structured system. Dependable ball handler with range to the arc, she impressed with her ability to make the right play as young guards asked to play three different positions. Despite her willowy built she displayed a noise for rebounding the ball in the trenches finishing with double digits rebounding.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Neither Chong or AEH can compare athletically to Ms Griffin.....she's in a totally different universe......I expect AG will have the usual freshman issues but will positively impact the game at both ends of the court before to long..
If Griffin is better than AEH, who looks to be a potential POY, UConn is in for four great years.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I was not sure which player she was. I had the volume down on my computer because I was also watching games on television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom