2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 83 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She must be really bad for you not to want a 6'3" top ten player for UConn. Is she undisciplined?

she obviously has a lot of talent but I think it's fair to say that she is not a prototypical UConn recruit in terms of her style of play....................she plays a bit out of control at times which is the kind of thing that drives Geno crazy..................I suspect she'd see a lot of bench time as a freshman unless UConn really needed immediate help up front...............

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you look at what Lou and Collier have turned out by playing for UConn, a 6’2 wing/forward would probably fit the system well, besides she is a top 10 talent.

from the video I've seen you would have a difficult time confusing her with those two.....................as Geno has said when saw Collier for the first time he knew she was a perfect fit for UConn..................... she was a disciplined, 100% effort player who already had an advanced offensive game in high school...................there are very few out there like that..........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
from the video I've seen you would have a difficult time confusing her with those two......as Geno has said when saw Collier for the first time he knew she was a perfect fit for UConn...... she was a disciplined, 100% effort player who already had an advanced offensive game in high school....there are very few out there like that.....

From the video I have seen it is hard for me to see how she is ranked 5th in the 2020 class.

MTC

Reaction Score
she's going to need a whole lot of coaching to play to UConn's standards....is she ready to make that kind of commitment?
Not everyone is ready their freshman year but she has all the tools and just needs experience and TLC from CD.

MTC

Reaction Score
From the video I have seen it is hard for me to see how she is ranked 5th in the 2020 class.
I think the ratings are based more on potential than performance.

Reaction Score
If Reese does end up here, I’ll be thrilled, because that means Geno wants her here. I am going to trust Geno:D, and if he thinks Reese is a worthy recruit, I’m sure he will coach her up. A raw talent she is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Twenty-three minute expose on Amari DeBerry. She talks recruiting letters at the beginning. Receiving UConn's made her cry. Also, Louisville stalks her like they do the rest of the nation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Add Saylor Poffenbarger to the list of UConn players of interest going to the U16 trials.

Poffenbarger, Bigby, Isai, Bollin.

Reaction Score
Twenty-three minute expose on Amari DeBerry. She talks recruiting letters at the beginning. Receiving UConn's made her cry. Also, Louisville stalks her like they do the rest of the nation.

She said Notre Dame sent her stuff over Twitter when she got 1,000 points? I don't even think that is allowed because DeBerry is just a sophomore. Colleges cannot initiate contact on phone, e-mail, text, social media with kids until junior year.

Reaction Score
Not sure if posted but I know the name Kamilla Cardosa had recently come up.

Noticed this roster lists her college as "UK, LSU, Tenn" though given to format of the graphic, it could very well just be a partial list

Reaction Score

How does DeBerry compare to 2021 Destiny Adams from New Jersey, they sound kind of similar, but I’m not sure if Adams is being looked at by UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How does DeBerry compare to 2021 Destiny Adams from New Jersey, they sound kind of similar, but I’m not sure if Adams is being looked at by UConn.
Adams is 6'3" a big guard/wing scoring machine. DeBerry 6'5" is a true PF/Post player that can occasionally step out and knock down a three ball. Like you I have also not heard of any UCONN interest in Adams outside of a few BY wish list.

Reaction Score
As a somewhat OT aside to this thread, the Bishop Walsh Invitational is sponsored by the high school I attended. They put together a really nice tournament on both the boys and girls side of the sport. The boys tournament is called the Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament and over the years has seen players in the caliber of Adrian Dantley and Austin Carr participate.

Reaction Score

pretty much confirmed what others have said, bright down to earth recruit who knows she has a lot of work to do to get better..................reminds me of ONO come to think of it........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As a somewhat OT aside to this thread, the Bishop Walsh Invitational is sponsored by the high school I attended. They put together a really nice tournament on both the boys and girls side of the sport. The boys tournament is called the Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament and over the years has seen players in the caliber of Adrian Dantley and Austin Carr participate.

Hey, this Irish fan knows them! "AD" was a classmate for three years (he went pro one year early) at Notre Dame. Place seemed smaller then and you'd see folks all over, whether it be on the quad or the dining hall. Plus there were not as many athletic facilities so athletes and "normal types" would interact often between (their) practices and (our) intramural games.

Reaction Score
she obviously has a lot of talent but I think it's fair to say that she is not a prototypical UConn recruit in terms of her style of play.....she plays a bit out of control at times which is the kind of thing that drives Geno crazy...I suspect she'd see a lot of bench time as a freshman unless UConn really needed immediate help up front.....
Tiff Hayes was a bit out of control at first and she worked out fine.

Reaction Score
She seems so composed in front of a camera and only a sophomore in high school. Another squeeks maybe? I think Geno likes this trait in his kids. She certainly shows a lot of promise as a basketball player if you envision her progression a few years from now. Good stuff.

Reaction Score

Very nice prospect. It's obvious she's done a lot of work and had some good offensive coaching on her post moves, shooting, and extension of the ball around the rim. Allowing for her still young age, she'll now need to put a LOT of that same amount of work into her defensive fundamentals, lower body strength and quickness, conditioning, and intensity. Understanding that most big girls don't really get pushed by their HS competition, hopefully she'll get the work she needs from her summer competition. She certainly has a huge upside and hopefully she has the work ethic to get there.

Reaction Score

MTC

Reaction Score
and just think it only took one visit for UConn to know she was a perfect fit......the other eight visits were just to show some love......
Paige must be getting bombarded with attention from all the colleges and probably can't wait for the recruiting to end. Her choice will determine many future life choices on the road of life. I wish her the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom