2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 79 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers not only scored 29 points in Hopkins' state tourney win on Wednesday, she also shut down Lauren Jensen holding her to 9 points.

So ample are her offensive talents that Paige Bueckers doesn't often get credit for her abilities on the defensive end.

Bueckers had the chance to show her complete game in the Royals' 68-46 victory over Lakeville North on Wednesday at Williams Arena.

She scored a game-high 29 points. But she was just as good at stopping her opponent, holding Lakeville North guard Lauren Jensen to just nine points, 18 below her per-game average.

"I'm not just a huge offensive-minded person," Bueckers said. "I want to stop the person I'm guarding. Zero [points] is the goal."

Jensen, a Star Tribune All-Metro first-team selection and former AAU teammate of Bueckers, said she expected to have trouble with that matchup.

"I knew it was going to be tough," Jensen said. "She so lengthy, too. She made life difficult today."

Bueckers excels on both ends

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins' state semifinal on Thursday will be streamed at the following link with the game start at just after 6:00 central.

PREP45.com

Reaction Score
David Shama's Minnesota Sports Headliners

Bueckers has already played on three USA basketball teams that have won gold medals. A state title this year and next would close out an almost fantasy prep career of team and individual recognition. Along the way Connecticut, Notre Dame, Minnesota or some other college will win the Bueckers recruitment process with a commitment. A verbal commitment, she said, could certainly come before starting her senior year at Hopkins.
The Gophers under new head coach Lindsay Whalenhave talked to Bueckers about becoming a “hometown hero” by choosing Minnesota. Bueckers smiled at the mention of being a transformational player for the Gophers, but she didn’t give away any secrets as to who she favors among college choices. No, because right now she is focused on how she can help the Royals go a perfect 32-0 and snap that state title slump.

MTC

Reaction Score
The Becker high school team just won its way into the Minnesota 3-A state championship game. Their starters include 4 sophomores and a freshman. That spells success to me.

Reaction Score
Minnesota wants her to be a big fish in a small pond. I would not be surprised to see Paige dream a little bigger than that and want to be the best of the best. Geno helped DT reached all her dreams and he could do it again for Paige.

Not sure why Paige can’t be a big fish in a big pond in Minnesota. ;)

Reaction Score
After watching the 1st half of Hopkins/Bueckers I'm pretty sure she could leave her team tomorrow, fly to Storrs and play right now.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Not sure why Paige can’t be a big fish in a big pond in Minnesota. ;)
She could do for Minnesota what Ionescu did for Oregon. Also, she could fly to Storrs but she would not play right now. The UConn system is just that difficult for a freshman, even a super one.

Reaction Score
She could do for Minnesota what Ionescu did for Oregon. Also, she could fly to Storrs but she would not play right now. The UConn system is just that difficult for a freshman, even a super one.

.............you're talking about an ultra aggressive scoring and passing machine that has also upped her defensive game......................I think she would play a whole lot for UConn or anybody else as a freshman.............

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams seems to be doing ok.
The point I was making was to answer what was said in the post. Alydar said she could fly to Storrs and play NOW. That could not happen. I know she is good enough to start as a freshman and probably will when she gets to college.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins will face a team they beat by 22 on the road earlier in the season so they'll be a huge favorite to win the title.

Reactions: MTC

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Visiting with my wife’s cousin today. He is a sportswriter who was prominent in NFL and NHL circles. He’s based in D C. He was telling us about a friend whose daughter is a Hs hoops phenom. Her name. Azzi Fudd. He has no idea what her college preferences are.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A few days ago the 32 invitees for the U16 trials were finalized. I can't find the whole list yet, but UConn players of interest Taylor Bigby and Jennah Isai are among the 32.

MTC

Reaction Score
Playing time will not be a problem regardless of where Paige goes. Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom