2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 67 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stopping Mississippi State’s Aliyah Matharu will also be a key for SJC. She has been a matchup problem for them.
Yeah, she's good. I'm surprised she is unranked. She was 1st team All-League.

Reaction Score
Ashley was pretty good. She was by far their best ball-handler, which was key against the McNamara pressure. She had a couple of nice drives to the hoop, but other drives resulted in blocked shots or dishes to others. Her shot was off, even pull-up jumpers in the lane. She also missed at least 2 FTs.

Ashley has a very interesting build. She's has thin lower legs, but a big (bigger than Kaleena) upper body. She's strong and surprisingly quick.

thanks for that info.............she really doesn't look like your typical point guard and seems to be far quicker then her build should allow......................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
thanks for that info...she really doesn't look like your typical point guard and seems to be far quicker then her build should allow.......
Quick feet and good hands. Maybe an average shooter, based on 2 games I've seen.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star on the just completed Independent Nationals:

Aaliyah Edwards – 2020 – 6-3 – Post – Crestwood Prep – The post you want to play with not against…Effort and aggressiveness…Size and physical tools allow her to take the game to opponents…Adding more and more depth to her game…Reading defenders on the catch and making sound choices…Showed off a jump hook…Elevates on her shot…Active without the ball in her hands…Has a college aspect to her game already

Olivia Miles – 2021 – 5-10 – Point Guard – Blair Academy – Dynamic playmaker…Possesses a great feel and instinct for the game and opponents…Sets up both her shots and passes effectively…Mixing both speed and direction, she navigates the floor with ease…Passing is sharp, intuitive and has plenty of touch as needed…Perimeter shooting is forcing opponents to play her honest and into her hands…”Makes plays” would be an understatement

Shining In Carolina - Bluestar Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here is Paige Bueckers' last regular season game from last Friday (2/22) if you missed it:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/25

Aubrey Griffin scored 21 points in Ossining's sectional semifinal win. She scored 19 of those in the first half but was limited to 2 points in the second by Albertus Magnus' Tanasha Mills.

Reaction Score
Just watched Fudd get the total KLS treatment in the DC Catholic league finals. SJC still won. McNamara had to resort to the if you can't beat them beat them up mentality and SJC made free throws last half of the 4th quarter. Fudd is the real deal and a great teammate. The beating she took opened up things for her teammates and they made shots. She was ecstatic for them. Great young woman.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just watched Fudd get the total KLS treatment in the DC Catholic league finals. SJC still won. McNamara had to resort to the if you can't beat them beat them up mentality and SJC made free throws last half of the 4th quarter. Fudd is the real deal and a great teammate. The beating she took opened up things for her teammates and they made shots. She was ecstatic for them. Great young woman.
I was running late and not wanting to fight rush hour traffic to get there. I tried the video feed but it was too cumbersome. The score was 40-38 with McNamara leading after Q3, but SJC scored 28 in Q4 to pull away.

McNamara is incredibly athletic and physical.

I chatted with Coach Scribner's mother at yesterday's game. She confirmed that Azzi is the sweetest, most giving kid. She sounds like the current Huskies, who are "too nice," and Aubrey, whom Geno describes as "the nicest kid in the world."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that wraps up the SJC season. They finished 32-1, with only a 3-point loss to #1 Miami Country Day at the Nike TOC marring their record. They beat the #6 McNamara team 3x. Congrats to Azzi, her teammates, and coaches!

The SJC boys' team was in the boys WCAC final after the girls' game.

Reaction Score
I think that wraps up the SJC season. They finished 32-1, with only a 3-point loss to #1 Miami Country Day at the Nike TOC marring their record. They beat the #6 McNamara team 3x. Congrats to Azzi, her teammates, and coaches!

The SJC boys' team was in the boys WCAC final after the girls' game.
They still have the DC tournament left but the competition will be not the same as the area Catholic league so they should easily take it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Taylor Bigby ('21) making plays. Bigby ended up with 20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two of the elite 2023's in #8 Jada Williams and #9 Judea Watkins, both being followed by UConn. Elite '23 center Essence Cody as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/25

Sonia Citron scored 30 points and hit a game-winning 3-pointer with 4 seconds left Monday to set up a matchup with Aubrey Griffin and Ossining this weekend for the sectional crown.

Reaction Score
They still have the DC tournament left but the competition will be not the same as the area Catholic league so they should easily take it.

Next game is Wednesday at home vs Anacostia. Then Friday vs Maret/Dunbar at Georgetown.

The Final would be Sunday at 4 at the new Entertainment & Sports Arena.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ossining led 13-0 after one quarter...34-7 at the half.
Aubrey had the 19 in the first half....2 in the second...I wonder how much she played in the latter half.

Reactions: MTC
Reaction Score
A little off topic, I've been on BY a few months now and I'm amazed at the depth and breadth of recruiting information you are posting here Sluconn. Thanks so much for your continued time and effort :)

Reaction Score
A little off topic, I've been on BY a few months now and I'm amazed at the depth and breadth of recruiting information you are posting here Sluconn. Thanks so much for your continued time and effort :)

Sluconn is indeed a deep breather.................;)

Reactions: MTC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds