2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Has Geno seen SP play in person? I see her name a fair amount here but I am somewhat unclear about what level of interest they have in her or vice versa
The person I sat with at the Art Turner tourney said Geno is interested in Poffenbarger. He implied that Geno has been there.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if she plays AAU or club ball anywhere? Not sure competition in central Maryland at the public high school level is all that challenging.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if she plays AAU or club ball anywhere? Not sure competition in central Maryland at the public high school level is all that challenging.

She plays for the Germantown Lady Panthers.

Reaction Score
All right all you recruiting experts...............if you want to see some of the recruits that we've been talking about for the past months live and in person here's your chance...............possible UConn recruits Olivia Miles, Dominique Darius, and Destiny Adams, Leilani Correa (WV), Michelle Sidor (Mich), Jada Patrick (Duke) Sydnei Caldwell (Arizona State) Diamond Miller (MD) and many more

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sonia Citron's line from Monday 12/10:

22 points, 11 rebounds, 7 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kapinus not only tore her ACL, she sustained numerous meniscus tears as well.

Reaction Score
Kapinus not only tore her ACL, she sustained numerous meniscus tears as well.

this is tough for her.................the timing from a recruiting standpoint is pretty bad................I viewed her as a secondary pg recruiting target for next year, I assume her inability to play is going to be an issue

Reaction Score
We are still with this gloom and doom state of mind, aren't we? Either we get all the recruits from 1 to 5 or, we should (put Geno and Chris out to pasture) find some other sport. How did we get so mad that winning all the time is the only game in town (how many losses? 2 too many, you say!). To paraphrase Geno's mother- 'let the others win sometime'. Well, we must all admit that doomday was (perhaps temporarily) halted by defeating ND. Glad the players showed no panic in their disposition. But they are young and are unaware that the bells above ND were ringing out the old and the 'new' in, as planned by no other than Muffet and Ivy. ("And good old boys(/girls were drinking whisky and rye, singing this is the day that [Uconn] dies......"). As for the 2019 group, didn't Geno admitted that they were a longshot? Someone is not informing these recruits that it is and has always been the case that an offer meant that they jump aboard. I doubt that it was ever so. It may have been easier in the past, but never automatic as people here are inciting. Preparing for the end of Uconn is like preparing for death-- sounds like a rational thing to do, but stupid. Let us enjoy the game/life.
The seniors are still with us and are deserving of our full attention-- we owe them that and, not talks about decline/death.

MTC

Reaction Score
I don't see any decline to be honest. Yes, we missed out on some big name recruits but we will still be the team to beat.

Reaction Score
I don't see any decline to be honest. Yes, we missed out on some big name recruits but we will still be the team to beat.

it wouldn't be quite as big an issue if UConn had other somewhat lower ranked players coming in after the top players went elsewhere...............for seasons 19/20 and 20/21 it's a matter of recruiting enough players to suit up a competitive team with the requisite bench................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ESPNW out with a piece on Hailey Van Lith:

"I've been doing this about 40, 45 years and Hailey is the best ball handler I've ever seen," said Steve Klees, Van Lith's club coach on the Northwest Blazers.

That's high praise coming from Klees, who has coached Jamie Weisner (former Pac-12 Player of the Year at Oregon State) and current Stanford guard Brittany McPhee (she's leading the Cardinal in scoring).

"Hailey works out three hours a day, six days a week," Klees said. "I've never seen anybody like Hailey. I just haven't."

Sophomore Hailey Van Lith lighting it up at Washington's Cashmere

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/12

Aubrey Griffin missed Ossining's game tonight with a sprained ankle.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Google does that when there is not enough current content.

I actually found it through twitter's search function when some apparent fan of Van Lith's tweeted it today. Calling Hailey Van Lith a sophomore should've tipped me off.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenberger had 14 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists Tuesday (12/11).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles' high school coach:

“Olivia has an intelligence to her game and a basketball instinct .. her floor vision and ability to get to the rim are so natural, but the important thing is that she has really added to her game in terms of shooting. In our first three games this year, she has made 15 threes,” Coach Clark pointed out.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn apparently watched Bueckers' AAU teammate Lauren Jensen (2020) on Tuesday. Jensen is currently not ranked in any of the outlets that I can tell, but she's been a terrific high school and AAU player. Her reputation is that of a strong shooter with a high IQ and good work ethic. Some BIG 10 schools have shown the most interest so far including Maryland who was out to see her the same night as well.

AAU Co-Players of the Year: Lauren Jensen & Paige Bueckers - Prep Girls Hoops

https://vi.hudl.com/p-highlights/Us...5f8e19cea/4483d68b_720.mp4?v=20B9CDD4CA5FD608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom