2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/8

Huge game for Aubrey Griffin on Saturday though Ossining gave up a 4th quarter lead in a loss.

42 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been busy trying to complete some Christmas tasks as well as prepping for a trip to much warmer weather. I'm not going to make the CTK v. SJU game tonight, but it should be a blockbuster. I did see most of the Ossining game against a Roland Park team from Baltimore this morning. Shortly after I arrived, Aubrey had 7 straight points. She had lots more after that. Ossining trailed for most of the first half, then they put up 36 in the 3rd quarter (8-minute quarters) to take the lead. I think they were up by about 7, then the opponent hit 2 straight treys to make it close. Then it was back and forth. I believe the final was 88-78, Roland Park.

I liked Aubrey's game overall. In the second quarter, she was a little slow to get down the court on defense and lax on defense at times. She played all 32 minutes in an uptempo game. When Ossining took the lead, she was involved in almost every play--steals, blocks, layups, assists, 3-pointers. She has a lean build at about 6'1", good speed, and a nice shot. I'd guess that she hit 3 or 4 treys, shot 50% overall, and was 9-10 on FTs. I saw 6 teams play last night and today. Fudd was clearly the best player, but I'd rank Aubrey next, ahead of Tschitenge-Mutombo and Natalija Marshall. She is grossly under-ranked at #33 in my opinion. The folks sitting near me were impressed by Aubrey.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The St. Johns Fudds beat Christ the King tonight, 57-49. They will probably be the #1 team in the nation. I believe they are headed to the Nike TOC, where Azzi will show her stuff.

Reaction Score
The St. Johns Fudds beat Christ the King tonight, 57-49. They will probably be the #1 team in the nation. I believe they are headed to the Nike TOC, where Azzi will show her stuff.
I will only be able to see the Phoenix TOC on the last 2 days (21st & 22nd), as I'll be in OK for the UConn game. In early NovemberI found a list of teams (signed up so far at that time) that indicated players would include H. Jones :(, Brink :(, Boston :(:(, Dalayah Daniels, Natalija Marshall, Brook Demetre, and Fudd. Was hoping Hailey Van Lith's Cashmere team would end up here too, since they're out West. But now I can't get anything at all on the "Participating Teams" page of the TOC's glitchy website. You have a better way to get info on this?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry fouled out in her season debut Saturday after compiling 13 points, 7 boards, and 8 blocks. Also, it has been confirmed that she has a UConn offer.

When DeBerry is in the game, she’s a force at both ends of the court. She’s an intimidating shot blocker on defense. On offense, she’s tough to stop around the basket because of her height and athleticism. There are reasons major programs like Connecticut, North Carolina, Maryland and Mississippi State have made her offers even though she's still just a sophomore.

Will South girls still have some work to do after dropping opener to Pittsford Mendon

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I will only be able to see the Phoenix TOC on the last 2 days (21st & 22nd), as I'll be in OK for the UConn game. In early NovemberI found a list of teams (signed up so far at that time) that indicated players would include H. Jones :(, Brink :(, Boston :(:(, Dalayah Daniels, Natalija Marshall, Brook Demetre, and Fudd. Was hoping Hailey Van Lith's Cashmere team would end up here too, since they're out West. But now I can't get anything at all on the "Participating Teams" page of the TOC's glitchy website. You have a better way to get info on this?
If you can see only 1 game, see Fudd.

Reaction Score
If you can see only 1 game, see Fudd.
That's the plan. She'll have to be in the semis and/or finals for that to happen, but I suspect that will take care of itself. I'm a little worried that the final will conflict with UConn's Cal game that afternoon, but I can't seem to get any meaningful info off the TOC site right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched the 1st Q of SJU v. CTK. I believe that Azzi shot 4-7, including a trey.

Marshall got in foul trouble--again.

Reaction Score
Do you know when the schedule for the TOC will come out on that site? I may come up from Tucson to see Fudd.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I did not see Fudd in the game unless she did not start.

Reaction Score
Do you know when the schedule for the TOC will come out on that site? I may come up from Tucson to see Fudd.
All they're saying now is games on Dec 19-20-21-22. There is no detailed schedule, and the list of teams isn't even showing now. They play in high school gyms in the Chandler area, but no specific venues are shown on the "Venues" page yet either. I would just keep checking the site for game schedules - they'll show up sooner or later.

Tournament of Champions

Reaction Score
All they're saying now is games on Dec 19-20-21-22. There is no detailed schedule, and the list of teams isn't even showing now. They play in high school gyms in the Chandler area, but no specific venues are shown on the "Venues" page yet either. I would just keep checking the site for game schedules - they'll show up sooner or later.

Tournament of Champions
Thanks. Will do.

Reaction Score

Tournament of Champions
I just got an email back from the COO of the TOC. The schedule will be available sometime on Tuesday and they have a new website. It is www.thetoc.org

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been busy trying to complete some Christmas tasks as well as prepping for a trip to much warmer weather. I'm not going to make the CTK v. SJU game tonight, but it should be a blockbuster. I did see most of the Ossining game against a Roland Park team from Baltimore this morning. Shortly after I arrived, Aubrey had 7 straight points. She had lots more after that. Ossining trailed for most of the first half, then they put up 36 in the 3rd quarter (8-minute quarters) to take the lead. I think they were up by about 7, then the opponent hit 2 straight treys to make it close. Then it was back and forth. I believe the final was 88-78, Roland Park.

I liked Aubrey's game overall. In the second quarter, she was a little slow to get down the court on defense and lax on defense at times. She played all 32 minutes in an uptempo game. When Ossining took the lead, she was involved in almost every play--steals, blocks, layups, assists, 3-pointers. She has a lean build at about 6'1", good speed, and a nice shot. I'd guess that she hit 3 or 4 treys, shot 50% overall, and was 9-10 on FTs. I saw 6 teams play last night and today. Fudd was clearly the best player, but I'd rank Aubrey next, ahead of Tschitenge-Mutombo and Natalija Marshall. She is grossly under-ranked at #33 in my opinion. The folks sitting near me were impressed by Aubrey.
Thanks Mil.

Reaction Score
I just got an email back from the COO of the TOC. The schedule will be available sometime on Tuesday and they have a new website. It is www.thetoc.org
Thanks! Geez the venues are really spread out. One downtown PHX, one in the Tempe area, and two way out east in Gilbert.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno in VA this morning to watch Aubrey. Ossining defeated Good Counsel 67-49. Not sure if he stayed around to watch any other players. No more games for Fudd. Highly ranked 2020 Angel Reese played but I've not heard of interest there and may be a little late for that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno in VA this morning to watch Aubrey. Ossining defeated Good Counsel 67-49. Not sure if he stayed around to watch any other players. No more games for Fudd. Highly ranked 2020 Angel Reese played but I've not heard of interest there and may be a little late for that.

I was there on Day 1 (with Mike) and Day 2, and Geno was there on Day 3. I guess we had the event covered! He saw St. Johns (Fudd) play Good Counsel about 10 days ago, and he saw Ossining play them today. Lots of exposure for Kaili's alma mater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom