2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 76 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dominique Darius and Olivia Miles..............one of the best high school back courts in the country....................these two work together so beautifully.....................come on Geno how about a package deal!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus released her top-15 and no UConn.

wow that's a shocker....................with the interest they have shown in her I would have thought UConn would have made that cut..................I hope it's because she knows something we don't............

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Interesting list. Often seems like UCLA or USC end up mixed in with a bunch of schools back east for some recruits. Arizona getting in there is something new.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/9

Aaliyah Edwards: 20 points (8-15 FG, 4-8 FT), 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals

Edwards leading the break:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is OT now, but Benson wiped the floor w/ Southridge in the Oregon 6A Championship just now, so no repeat state title for Cameron Brink. Not a good post season for any of the stars in the Northwest--Hailey Van Lith, Dalayah Daniels, Brink--zero combined Championships and only 1 of them even advanced to the title game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is OT now, but Benson wiped the floor w/ Southridge in the Oregon 6A Championship just now, so no repeat state title for Cameron Brink. Not a good post season for any of the stars in the Northwest--Hailey Van Lith, Dalayah Daniels, Brink--zero combined Championships and only 1 of them even advanced to the title game.
Makes me really appreciate the players who won HS championships, including Sue, Tina, Maya, Kelly, Kaleena, Stewie, Megan, and Christyn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Makes me really appreciate the players who won HS championships, including Sue, Tina, Maya, Kelly, Kaleena, Stewie, Megan, and Christyn.

Yeah, it might not have any bearing on their future career, but it's definitely a little edge for players that win Championships at every level they play at.

MTC

Reaction Score
Yeah, it might not have any bearing on their future career, but it's definitely a little edge for players that win Championships at every level they play at.
Paige and Azzi still have a chance.

Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus released her top-15 and no UConn.

My view is this list is relatively meaningless. With 15 names, its likely fluid and will change over time.

MTC

Reaction Score
wow that's a shocker.....with the interest they have shown in her I would have thought UConn would have made that cut...I hope it's because she knows something we don't..
We won;t have room to bring in any more guards than two.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm confused. What interest has UConn shown this player Kapinus?

Reaction Score
In UConn's layest victory, a commentator said, after Molly drained a three, that Bent sits on UConn bench and would be a super star in many programs. So if UConn doesn't make top 15, she knows something.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. What interest has UConn shown this player Kapinus?

from Sluconn:

Sep 6, 2018

"Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 guard from Wisconsin, debuts in the 2020 rankings at #9 and apparently has received some interest from UConn.

She has scholarship offers from numerous colleges, including Minnesota, Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, LSU, Indiana, Arizona State, Arizona, Ohio State and Louisville.

Nic Levy, her AAU coach with the Wisconsin Flight Elite, said Connecticut has called about her as well."

if I'm not mistaken I believe UConn coaches also watched her at an AAU tournament last year

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
from Sluconn:

Sep 6, 2018

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 guard from Wisconsin, debuts in the 2020 rankings at #9 and apparently has received some interest from UConn.

She has scholarship offers from numerous colleges, including Minnesota, Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, LSU, Indiana, Arizona State, Arizona, Ohio State and Louisville.

Nic Levy, her AAU coach with the Wisconsin Flight Elite, said Connecticut has called about her as well.

So we're talking about a phone call sometime before September of last year.

Reaction Score
A very rough shooting game for Nika Muhl even if she did not turn it over:
Statistika

Is Emily Bessoir a target? Her team won their first game in the playoffs. If they win their division, they will play in Germany's top division next season. Without knowing her living situation, that may be the best opportunity for her to play at that level for a year if she is not willing to change teams.
Damen Basketball Bundesliga - live

Reaction Score
So we're talking about a phone call sometime before September of last year.

that and I think that they watched here play last summer.......................that's more confirmation then we get about many possible recruits.....................a shame really as her defensive skills and athleticism as a guard/wing would make her quite an asset for UConn...................I viewed her as a "gettable" option if Bueckers and Van Lith went elsewhere................a moot point now..............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/10

Aaliyah Edwards with :01 on the shot clock to give Crestwood the lead late today:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/10

Aaliyah Edwards snared an offensive rebound and got fouled with 2 seconds left before splitting the free throws to win the Ontario championships for Crestwood 71-70. She had made two free throws to tie the game with 20 seconds left.

Entire game below. Stats later.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Besides Graduate Xfr's, would Geno consider any JUCO players to add depth for next year?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Seattle Times All-State girls first team:

F Dalayah Daniels, Garfield, 6-4, jr.

21 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks

Some consider Daniels the most talented all-around player in the state and she’s taken the Bulldogs to the state semifinals the past two seasons (they placed 2nd in 2018).

G Hailey Van Lith, Cashmere, 5-9, jr.

32 points, 8.1 rebounds, 4.6 steals

Ranked as high as a No. 3 national prospect, Van Lith has the ability to take over games (poured in 50 and 52 this season shooting 65-70%). Great leaper with excellent range.

Seattle Times All-State girls basketball team: Is there another level for Kentridge’s Jordyn Jenkins?

MTC

Reaction Score
3/10

Aaliyah Edwards snared an offensive rebound and got fouled with 2 seconds left before splitting the free throws to win the Ontario championships for Crestwood 71-70. She had made two free throws to tie the game with 20 seconds left.

Entire game below. Stats later.

Great match to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member